Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:EA)
Old Forum Content for EAMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- bRobert: $SNE $EA $TTWO not playing games. Going higher
- bRobert: $TTWO $EA $ATVI $SNE Not playing games. going higher
- steve71: $EA $TTWO $ATVI Gamers working. Viewed as potential buyouts as big media compete to lock up content.
- bRobert: $ATVI another set up alert > 78.. $EA $TTWO $SNE Not playing games
- debeers: $ATVI-Multi year ESPN Disney deal for gamer audience LONG. $EA is good as well.
- bRobert: $TTWO not playing games. Going higher $EA also
- issues: @bRobert $TTWO If you compare TTWO to $EA and $ATVI what do you come up with? All three have similar chart patterns. Hard to pick. OK I see TTWO is up a little more than the other two so I bought a starter position. Thank you Rob!
- bRobert: @issues $TTWO $EA $ATVI I like them all. I've been in TTWO a while . Closer to support. I think they all will work
- issues: @bRobert $TTWO compare to $EA and $ATVI. The best may be EA but its up only 4% while the others are up just 2% on 10 day chart.
- grcjr: $EA $TTWO $ATVI - $ATVI has made another nice move up just shy of previous resistance. A break above $79.64 is a new all time high. Currently $79.04. $EA at another all time high. $TTWO moving up also, not far from a new all time high.
- grcjr: @Wolf $AMD $EA $TTWO $ATVI - I recall hearing something out of the E3 conference in LA. I took a quick look at the reports but just too much for a quick hit. It was something about a specific game and a specific hardware vendor. Might have been a game or games not being available on a platform (perhaps using $AMD). Morgan Stanley upgraded $ATVI and $TTWO, not $EA. $EA has drifted down toward yesterday's close beginning about 1PM EDT.
- bRobert: $EA Target $155. Video gaming strong. Who makes the chips......NVDA
- grcjr: @bRobert $EA $NVDA does make chips for some of the gaming platforms, not all. The Sony PlayStation 4 Pro has the $AMD CPU and GPU. The Nintendo Switch uses $NVDA. The Xbox uses an $INTC CPU and $NVDA GPU. This can and does at times change from one generation to the next. Gamers building their own machines can use either $NVDA or $AMD. One source for details is https://www.pcmag.com/roundup/355217/the-best-graphics-cards
- traderbren: $ATVI - looks constructive here given the move in $EA this morning following ER.
- grcjr: @traderbren $ATVI $EA - (I was just about to post again when I saw yours) Both are moving up. My position is with $ATVI. Have a trailing stop.
- grcjr: @traderbren $ATVI $EA - $TTWO also moving up nicely.
- baronp0329: @grcjr @traderben $ATVI $EA $TTWO I have ATVI stocks and June 70 calls bought 2 days ago. Also, keep an eye on financials. I added to my financials (stocks and options) at the open today $BAC $JPM $GS. They all look good today.
- traderbren: @Aragorn $ATVI - yep, I was wondering why $EA and $TTWO did a zig then a zag.
- CHOFF: $NVDA - CEO presenting at Goldman Sachs Conf today. $GS removed them from their Conviction Buy List a couple weeks ago but still lists them as a Buy. Might be awkward given the fact that $NVDA reported a monstrously good quarter a few days ago beatin ...
- steve71: $EA BTO @ 123.68. Gapped up on earnings, filled gap, reversed back up making a higher low.
- 1winkie: Stocks have proven that they can sell off when they want to again, but the reality is that the markets were barely 2% off of last week’s all-time highs. And strong earnings and strong ADP payrolls were both pushing the markets back up on Wednes ...
- bsafriet: @1winkie $AET $AKS $AAL $AAPL $ALLY $ALV $BIIB $EA $ESRX $FIT $FL $IMGN $MCD $MET $NGVC $NKE $PFE Thanks for the updates!
- ROSEY: @bsafriet $AET $AKS $AAL $AAPL $ALLY $ALV $BIIB $EA $ESRX $FIT $FL $IMGN $MCD $MET $NGVC $NKE $PFE DITTO. 8 )
- issues: @DAN $TTWO Which do you prefer $ATVI $EA or $TTWO?
- grcjr: $EA wow. Up ~$8 in after market. Earnings were so-so but Q4 guidance up.
COTD: $EA – missed quarterly revs...but guided higher. In this market, you probably want to be selling into this...at least some.
Selloffs of more than 1% don’t happen in this market. Something is changing?
$SPX – took a big bre ...
- issues: Earnings mañana = $OSTK $AAPL $EA $AEIS $CHRW $NUE $AKS $ALGN $PKG. We will continue to hold OSTK AAPL NUE. Added to $OSTK (probably a mistake - but ?) $SKYW $EXEL $CVGI. Sold $IVR $XEC $HFC $LRCX $LGIH
- baronp0329: Today closed a lot to lock in profits. $BLUE, $BX, $FND, $BAC calls. Yesterday at the close, STC $THO calls, $COST calls, $EA calls, $IIIN calls, $AKS calls. Just bought $IWM Feb Puts and $QID in case the market has a couple of down days.
- grcjr: $ATVI $EA $TTWO all moving up. CNBC traders about to announce two they like.
- bwcarnation1: @grcjr $ATVI $EA $TTWO would you please post that info I don't have access to the site where I am now...thanks
- grcjr: @bwcarnation1 $ATVI $EA $TTWO - sorry. I caught the teaser but had to run downstairs. I'm hoping I did not miss the review. I am long $ATVI
- grcjr: @bwcarnation1 $ATVI $EA $TTWO - I'm searching cnbc ... will get it eventually.
- bwcarnation1: @grcjr $ATVI $EA $TTWO that's ok I'll watch the stocks see what happens...I like $ATVI too
- baronp0329: @bwcarnation1 $ATVI $EA $TTWO - got the $EA Feb 115 Calls at 3.90 last week. Ask/Bid now at 5.90. will hold for now until stock price gets close to 120
- baronp0329: Yesterday added to $KEM, $IIIN and $EA Feb 115 Calls. Today started initial position on $FND @50.45.
- Bridget: $EA is breaking above the 50 and 200dMA. The stock still has a lot of overhead supply so be patient and buy near support levels.
$NKE - great example of a bearish/neutral earnings trade. If the stock is at an extreme going into earnings, sell the move. Then at the open, gap and reversal.
$ERJ - up big on $BA acquisition news
$PVG - down big on cutting dividend
$XPO - up big ...
- etmagic: any thoughts on $ATVI and $EA?
- Bridget: @etmagic $ATVI $EA both appear to be rolling over. Forming a topping pattern. I wouldn't look at these until they make a new high.
- issues: @etmagic $ATVI $EA ATVI making that broadening formation (not good). $EA not as good as $TTWO IMO.
- MtChet: $EA $TTWO $ATVI - Gaming stocks getting killed...any news?
- spmeyers: @MtChet $EA $TTWO $ATVI try $SGMS, nice chart
- DrScience: $TTWO blew up... literally. Company missed earnings estimates, but raised guidance, and the stock is up 13% in the PM. Huge slew of upgrades to outperform and PT increases ranging from$125 to $144. $CS isn't so enthusiastic, raising PT to $116. Highlights: GAAP net revenue grew 6% to $443.6 million GAAP net loss was $0.03 per diluted share Net Bookings grew 20% to $577.0 million $ATVI, $SNE, and $EA benefitting from the news, as well.
- issues: Earnings beat on $WTW $MCHP (1.35 to 1.41 actual) $MTDR $RCL, but I don't yet see $XEC. I guess they have yet to report, right? I sold $TTWO with earnings tonight I fear it'll drop as $EA and $ATVI, no matter what they report.
- grcjr: $ATVI $EA $TTWO all selling off. $TTWO reports tomorrow after the close. Appears to be selloff in sync with others' earnings $ATVI reported 11/2 selloff following $EA reported 10/31 selloff following
- DrScience: @grcjr $ATVI $EA $TTWO Looks like a sell first, ask questions later setup.
- grcjr: @grcjr $ATVI $EA $TTWO - I closed the last of my $ATVI options, still have a small stock position.
- Bridget: Earnings after close: $EA $X $DDD Earnings tomorrow before open: $GRPN
- steve71: $TTWO $EA $ATVI Adding to $ATVI here. Electronic Arts is down on some issue. Of the three big gamers, $TTWO seems the place to be. ER 11/7/2017.
- steve71: $ATVI $TTWO $EA Gamers have been weak for a while, but now $TTWO strong off the bottom of a rising channel. BTO this morning 103.40
- issues: @steve71 $ATVI $TTWO $EA I prefer TTWO. Holding ATVI and TTWO. Dont like EA.
- grcjr: $ATVI $EA $TTWO - $ATVI is struggling. News about gamers not buying as many games but rather spending more time on a few games they own might result in lower holiday season sales. Looking at the chart I see a possible H&S. Lower high. Lower low. I expect similar action with $EA and $TTWO. However, $EA is showing sideways chop but not yet dropping. Somehow $TTWO is still holding trend although there was a recent possible shot across the bow and recovery.
- Bridget: $ATVI and $EA moving lower again after a lower high
- Bridget: $ATVI and $EA are breaking below the 50dMA. Tech across the board is getting sold today.
- woodman: @Bridget $ATVI $EA - sold my $ATVI this morning.
- Bridget: #Notes: earnings: $NKE $DRI $CCL In a Squeeze: $GOGL $EXPE $HCA $ALXN $LQD $ADP Breaking out: $CL $OEC $EMN $FISV $TWX $VAC $GES $HPE $CLDX $ANET - bearish engulfing after new high $BMA - phase 2 $EA $ATVI - breaking down from squeeze $XAR - defense stocks seeing pullback, even with N Korea issues $MCO - working $MON - working $ABT $HD - new high after flag New lows - $DGX $INCY CHinese stocks taking a hit - $FXI $BABA BIDU SINA EDU TAL $PYPL $SQ $V - getting sold today $XLK - tech stocks took a big hit $MSFT $AVGO $LRCX $XLI - extended $EEM - dropped $GDX - finding support Oil stocks still running $MOD $LEA $DAN - auto parts working IPOs $AKCA $SOI
4. $MACD/Momentum – already showing weakness.
5. Volume – heavy at open. Different than other high volume days b/c it was breaking down rather than settling down.
Thoughts: Think in terms of four things:
1. % of account in stocks.
- steve71: $ATVI $EA $TTWO Gamers continue their Higher High Higher Low patterns. After a couple of down days they're doing well again.
- woodman: @steve71 $ATVI $EA $TTWO - nice direction in those charts.
- DrScience: @steve71 $ATVI $EA $TTWO Busy programmers at all gaming shops. Expect the stocks to ramp into the release of $MSFT's Xbox One X on November 7th.
- steve71: $ATVI $EA $TTWO Nice day for the gamers. Apparently the business model has evolved from retail sales to more profitable online sales. Who could sit in front of a gaming console all day? Unless you call it StreetSmart Edge.
- DAN: @grcjr $ATVI You mean ATVI, or $EA? ATVI still looks like it's in a holding pattern. --DAN
- grcjr: @DAN $ATVI $EA - Neither. My mistake. Thanks @DAN. Was rushing through tickers.
- DAN: @grcjr $ATVI $EA LOL. No problem. That's happened to me thousands of times. Hands typing something different than eyes are seeing and brain is thinking. ;-)
- steve71: $TTWO $EA Take-Two is having a good day, and Activision is down only a little.
- mharps: $ATVI and $EA these gamers backed off-sort of like $MSFT watching closly
- SMMReif82: $EA coming out of a six week squeeze to ATH. Pretty light volume so far, though.
- DAN: @SMMReif82 $EA Pattern does look pretty good...but you're right. Low volume.
- rbrown2222: @SMMReif82 $EA I need to see it break above 120.30, print another green bar and your point on solid above average volume. I am using a 10 min chart to buy.
- steve71: @SMMReif82 $EA $ATVI Activision has a similar chart with better volume.
- rbrown2222: @rbrown2222 $EA Lack of volume really telling in lack of ability to hold or drive price
- mharps: $CORT all time high. $EA looks like all time high but it's a little tentaive
- Bridget: $EA now at a new 52 week high
- SMMReif82: @bsafriet $ANET I've seen several "breakouts" today that are on pretty weak volume. More like "stroll outs." $EA, $SHOP, $STZ
- Bridget: #Notes: Lots of breakout today but only a few with higher volume. $XLK $SMH - is starting to look ready to run higher, $MSFT $ADI $MU $HIMX $ATVI and $EA both broke higher, but not on above average volume FAANG stocks all looking good today $SHOP - up at a new high $BOBE - up big after earnings Trucking stocks up today, hurricane trade $CHRW $SNDR $R $JBHT $LSTR Big movers on volume, mostly construction $CLMT $SC $USG $USCR $CBPX Bio-tech $XBI $INCY $IMGN $BIIB $CORT IPOs working $MTCH - up big on volume $VERI - continues rally since 8/21, good volume $CISN - new high
- Tinker97: @Bridget $ATVI $EA too looks like
- mopick: @Bridget $XLK $SMH $MSFT $ADI $MU $HIMX $ATVI $EA $SHOP $BOBE $CHRW $SNDR $R $JBHT $LSTR $CLMT $SC $USG $USCR $CBPX $XBI $INCY $IMGN $BIIB $CORT $MTCH $VERI $CISN #Notes How about $EXEL?
- SMMReif82: Nothing yet, but $EA in a month long squeeze at all time highs. Maybe not quite a squeeze, yet, but a trading range anyway.
- Bridget: $ATVI and $EA both trying to break higher today. Not quite there yet. These have been consolidating since earnings.
- grcjr: #OT #gamers $TTWO $EA $ATVI and $NVDA $AMD - If you have not read the book "Ready Player One" you might not really be a gamer. Spielberg's movie version opens spring 2018. See the teaser. Impress your kids. I do believe that the movie will boost the sale of games, game machines and VR.And $NVDA and $AMD fuel the game machines.
- bsafriet: @audrina0904 $SPX $DJI $NDX $NVDA $LRCX $AMZN $AAPL $NFLX $TSLA $QRVO $SWKS $MCHP $AMAT $EA $AEIS $MPWR Doesn't volume always run lighter in the summer? I'm keeping on top of my stops and making money while it's here to be made. Have just about made back $$$ lost in June's sell off. Don't plan on giving it back this time.
- audrina0904: @DAN $SPX $DJI $NDX - Not that it matters much, but I agree...Take a look at the leadership stocks of the past...The rallies of the last few days have come on lower volume and they have not come close to taking out their highs. $NVDA $LRCX $AMZN $AAPL $NFLX $TSLA $QRVO $SWKS $MCHP $AMAT $EA $AEIS $MPWR - All have rallied to some extent after leading for months/qtrs but none have done so on significant step in and buy volume. $NVDA yesterday got a lot of significant talk from the analysts and moved up nicely with the market but the volume just wasn't what I'd like to see, I hope I'm wrong, but big money is either on the sideline, or not comfortable moving back in.
- DAN: @audrina0904 $SPX $DJI $NDX $NVDA $LRCX $AMZN $AAPL $NFLX $TSLA $QRVO $SWKS $MCHP $AMAT $EA $AEIS $MPWR Sure it matters, audrina0904. Everyone's opinion matters. And I do think that a lot of money is going to the sidelines...and not a lot of money is running onto the field. I find Jaime Dimon's recent comments to be the most significant. http://www.businessinsider.com/dimon-central-bankers-are-facing-an-unprecedented-challenge-2017-7 Basically, he's saying that, because of the Fed's actions over the past 8-9 years, we are in uncharted waters. No one really knows how this is going to play out, and it's probably going to be worse than people suspect. Best line: "We act like we know exactly how it's going to happen, and we don't." Enough said. --Dan
- audrina0904: @DAN $SPX $DJI $NDX $NVDA $LRCX $AMZN $AAPL $NFLX $TSLA $QRVO $SWKS $MCHP $AMAT $EA $AEIS $MPWR I AGREE - it's impossible to know how it will play out...markets dont like uncertainty, that enough would be enough to sell...I just wonder what grannie will be saying.
- JBed: $EA just dropped in a hurry, looks like it may bounce here.
- JBed: $EA at a good buy point. Took a starter position just now. Moving up.
- grcjr: #NASDAQ100 new highs (52+weeks): $INTU $AAL $EXPE $REGN $EA $AMAT $CHTR $HAS $CMCSA $CTSH $MAR $FISV $HSIC $TSLS $VRTX $SBUX. Big list today. Can't figure out where to be? Could try $SMH. Perhaps $SOXL
- issues: @bwcarnation1 $TTWO Cramer featured it along with $EA & $ATVI
- debeers: $EA-up 7% pre on earnings beat.
- success: @debeers $EA sold 75% pre earnings but bought May 96.50 options just in case of a beat . . working out though . .
- tejas7: $EA Day trade. In at 105.70
- tejas7: $EA added more at 107.40
- tejas7: $EA #daytrade Going higher on slowing volume. Not adding more, and raising the stop to 107.75 for entire position.
- tejas7: @tejas7 $EA #daytrade Out now. Good trade. It is still going but volume is drying up. 59 min almost over
- tejas7: $EA Too bad I left home and this trade. It looks like t is going to its 112 target in just one day.
$YELP - broken stock. Might get oversold bounce but lots of overhead resistance above $32.
$NVDA - gap and run to new all time high
$EA- also up on earnings, $ATVI and $BYD- also up in response
$CALA - nice breakout after earnings
$CP - upped divide ...
- bsafriet: $EA $MOMO $EA Out, stop hit this morning. Did not buy the bounce. Looks like the SMA(20) is support. Want a "green" candle before jumping back in. $MOMO In today before the close. Liked the rally into the close on volume. Stop set below EMA(8).
- ascutia833sunset: Dan what do you think about $EA yesterday it dropped looks like a bearish engulfing patten
- gmj: @ascutia833sunset $EA Two down days concerned me after I bought the b/o on the 13th. Dbl my small pos on the bounce this morning which is a basic bounce off the 50ma and set a tight stop at 88.85. Waiting to see what it looks like at the end of the day.
- grcjr: $ATVI $EA - both have been resting or pulling back a bit the past few days. $EA touched the 20dma and then pushed back up today. Both still in uptrend. I believe this is good and may give an opportunity to add. Swing trade $ATVI.
|Stock Price||$USD 105.88|
Electronic Arts, Inc. develops, markets, publishes and distributes video game software and content that could be played by consumers on a variety of platforms.Request Video of EA
Already a member? Sign in here.
- October 30th, 2018 - 2019 Q2 Earnings
- $USD 38.39 19.24%
- $USD 55.35 15.42%
- $USD 9.93 10.61%
- $USD 5.80 -45.59%
- $USD 40.27 -44.45%
- $USD 25.31 -37.57%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 58,600 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (58,600) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!