Overstock.com Inc. (NASDAQ:OSTK)
Old Forum Content for OSTKMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- GOOSE: TRADES: $OSTK STO 7/26/19 18.5 CALLS @.50 $GOOS STO 7/26/19 46.0 ITM PUT 1.55 $BYND STO 7/26/19 177.5 PUT @3.95 $BYND STO 7/26/19 172.5 PUT @2.40 A BuPS
- GOOSE: TRADES: $NUGT Got filled on the Iron Condor @.93 $OSTK STO 7/26/19 18.5 CALLS @.75 COVERED
- bRobert: @GOOSE $NUGT $OSTK $24 flag trigger target
- shoredriver: @bRobert $NUGT $OSTK ....$OSTK...have been trading around this as well as selling weeklies for some time now...happy camper.....@GOOSE
- bRobert: @shoredriver $NUGT $OSTK Very good trading on your part . Capturing premium smart play
- GOOSE: TRADES: $OSTK STO 7/19/19 20.0 CALLS @.40 $OSTK STO 7/26/29 21.5 CALLS @.48
- shoredriver: $OSTK...closing near highs of the day....still selling weeklies...earnings in a few weeks....
- GOOSE: A TRADE: An experiment. $OSTK STO 7/19/19 18.0 CALLS @.85. Will wait for the stock to get to 18.85'ish before covering.
- GOOSE: $GOOS, $OSTK Both of these came alive today, and I am caught with short CALLS, so I am pretty busy figuring out my PLAN. So if I don't get back to the Forum before the bell rings, HAVE A SAFE AND GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE. ;>)
- bwcarnation1: @GOOSE $GOOS $OSTK same to you...hope your plan works out!
- GOOSE: @bwcarnation1 $GOOS $OSTK Yah, I just kept it simple, I rolled out and up, and sold some OTM puts to make up a small deficit. Have a great weekend. GOOSE
- GOOSE: A TRADE: Continuing my assault on this........ $OSTK STO 7/12/19 18.0 CALLS @.70
- bRobert: $PYPL 20d bounce Great chart $OSTK $19 target acquired Short squeeze. Long
- GOOSE: Done for the day. DFTD ;>) $OSTK ATM 7/18/19 18.0 CALLS @.90 At the money.
- shoredriver: ..$OSTK.....perky today....
- bRobert: @shoredriver $OSTK Could easily hit $19 and beyond. Technical trade fueled by bitcoin
- issues: @shoredriver $OSTK forming a nice right side to a cup. Thank you Mr Shoredriver!
- jaganjohn: @DAN Is $OSTK a good buy now?
- DAN: @jaganjohn $OSTK No. I don't think so. Big breakout yesterday on massive volume. (Not sure why though. Haven't checked the news). But today's test of $15 failed and the stock looks dangerous to buy right now. I would certainly watch it, though. Looks to me like $10 is support and the stock's probably gonna move higher. I just think today isn't the day to commit capital to it.
- GOOSE: TRADES: $OSTK STO 3/22/19 20.0 PUTS @.50 Expires tomorrow. $SYNA STO 3/22/19 33.5 PUTS @.45 Want to own the stock, a little cheaper. Expires tomorrow. A new one for me. A falling knife.
- GOOSE: TRADES: Slow day. $OSTK STO 3/22/19 PUTS @.45 $OSTK STO 3/22/29 CALLS @.50
- bnnybklyn: $OSTK strong
- bRobert: @bnnybklyn $OSTK Huge short squeeze potential short 64% LONG for a while.
- GOOSE: TRADES: $OSTK STO 3/8/19 21.0 CALLS @.70 $OSTK STO 3/8/19 19.5 PUTS @.79
- bRobert: @GOOSE $OSTK Again HUGE short interest. Momentum north + 65% short = $$$$$$$$$. Scale in small , adding with confirmation on pb/b
- CraigReynolds: @GOOSE $OSTK Hope they close as you want them to do. Good trading
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $OSTK STO 3/1/19 20.0 PUTS @.60 Will accept stock if put to me @19.40 Expires @4:00 PM today.
- infocus: $OSTK BTC Mar 1 2019 (Weekly) 23 Calls @.05 (STO @.60) The other half of the trade, Short Mar 1 2019 17.5 Puts expecting to expire worthless in around 2 hours.
- bRobert: @infocus $OSTK Love the WEEKLY reversal with $30 potential with a little momentum
- infocus: @bRobert $OSTK You think the stock is a buy here, around 20.80, or would look for a deeper pullback?
- CraigReynolds: @GOOSE $HIIQ $OSTK Ditto
- GOOSE: @CraigReynolds $HIIQ $OSTK Good luck on the trades. Have a great day.
- GOOSE: Thank you @DAN for a great trading session. ;>) TRADES: $HIIQ STO 3/15/19 41.0 CALLS @2.60 Delta.44 Will cover if necessary EDITED: CALLS NOT PUTS $OSTK STO 3/1/19 18.0 PUTS @.50 Delta .26 Less than 2 days to expiration.
- CraigReynolds: @GOOSE $HIIQ $OSTK I follow your trading style. Interest and may try. I assume this way is going you good. Wish best and Good Trading.
- bRobert: $OSTK WEEKLY reversal pattern $27+ Short squeeze potential Shorts 64%
- GOOSE: @CraigReynolds $HIIQ $OSTK @Craig, I just edited the trade. The $HIIQ TRADE IS CALLS NOT PUTS. Sorry about that.
- infocus: @GOOSE $HIIQ $OSTK I'm short the Mar 15 30 puts and 45 calls. Are you planning on holding over earnings? TOS shows the earnings as 3/6/19
- GOOSE: @infocus $HIIQ $OSTK As per my post after reading yours. I thought HIIQ earnings were 2/27 as per TOS. The stock cratered 5 points after what I thought were earnings. Now TOS says earnings are 3/6. I'm heavy into HIIQ now, but yes if earnings are 3/6 I will be flat. I got rid of all HIIQ before 2/27 too.
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $OSTK STO 3/8/19 21.5 CALLS @.95
- GOOSE: LAST ONE: $OSTK STO 3/1/19 18.50 PUTS @.65 Will accept a "put to". Expires tomorrow.
- GOOSE: THE REALLY LAST TRADE: ;>) $OSTK STO 2/1/19 21.0 CALLS @.70 Expires tomorrow.
- traderbren: $OSTK - edging back above the 20d on good volume.
- bRobert: @traderbren $OSTK Another short squeeze portfolio holding . Partial after profits Looking to fill up
- GOOSE: TRADES: $OSTK STO 3/1/19 18.0 PUTS @.65 Just for the premium in 2.5 day's. Covered $HIIQ STO 3/15/19 40.0 PUTS NTM @4.50 Bit risky.
- GOOSE: TRADES: $OSTK BTO STOCK @21.19 $OSTK STO 3/1/19 21.0 CALLS @1.40 Expires Friday.
- Motorman: @GOOSE $OSTR $OSTK I went with STO 3/1 call @ 1.55 and BTO stock at 20.25...cost basis for ownership 18.7.
- GOOSE: @Motorman $OSTR $OSTK Good luck with the trade What was the strike?
- bRobert: $OSTK Getting back what I spent this weekend on their site. Short squeeze potential. $27 mm reversal target 60% short
- bRobert: $OSTK 11% move on nearly 2x volume Short squeeze possibility with a little momentum 60% of float is short. Long for a bit and adding with follow through
- bRobert: $OSTK up 12% on almost 3x vol. Short squeeze Long added earlier
- bRobert: @scottrades $IRBT #ShortSqueeze $CLF $PYX $HEAR $CGC $OSTK $GH $AMRS $PLSE $MDGL Here are a few more with claustrophobic shorts.
- bRobert: Participating in a number of short squeezes or possibilities of . $PYX $HEAR $CGC $OSTK $GH $AMRS $PLSE $MDGL A record for me Watching for follow through.
- bRobert: $OSTK Watching with a partial from below. Continues to rise in a well defined channel . Loose stop 20d $27 mm target. 60% short. Earnings March
- Reif99: @bRobert $OSTK Got shaken out on the fakeout
- bRobert: $OSTK short squeeze still in play 60% short.
- bRobert: @rverkamp $IRBT $UAA I follow many that have exceptional upside but not the high short interest. $PYX . is an active short squeeze spec . $OSTK . may run with a move >20 . . $SHW $ORLY . . $BA $LMT $LEA others are the cream of quality and upside.
- bRobert: $OSTK added Short squeeze $27+ measured move Others Cute c&h on right. Big reversal pattern. Phase 3
- bRobert: $OSTK . 56% short Looking for phase 3 follow through to $27+ . Long
- bRobert: $OSTK . along with $W . $RH . 2x normal volume $27.50 . measured move target Neckline $20 Short interest is 56% . 10d to cover
- Sher: $SFIX, $CRON, $DBX, $IQ, $SGMS, $ADNT, $OSTK, $CLVS, $KEM - 9:05 AM... "Upside movement in several underlying call options indicates further near-term gains ahead" (SSE news post)
- champ: @DAN --- Have you been following the CEO of $OSTK, Patrick Byrne...he wants to sell his retail business unit and buy even more after this drop...this news was just reported by the WSJ, on 11/23.
- champ: $OSTK @ $28.50 ---- I'm still waiting for positive News on this #Bounce-Trade...this could be spring-loaded
- champ: $OSTK @ $27.45 ----- I'm still waiting on this #bounce-trade....and the YTDH was around $90, in January and the low was $24.75...and that was around my entry...at $25.85....this could be spring-loaded..but there is know way to know that....but this might work.
- mrmike: @champ $OSTK #bounce-trade I got on around 26.00. Still 47% short int.
- champ: $OSTK @ $26.50....could move off the low, in the coming days, as long as the markets stay positive.
- champ: $OSTK @ $25.50 ---- They had a huge upgrade today by Maxim Group...a buy, with a target of $75.....stock bounced but fell back...now what is it going to do...I have no clue on direction.
- kt4000: Sold $BABA, $OSTK - Looking to take a bigger position in $BJ but will wait tomorrow after morning earnings - Also $RDFN took a small position. Still hoping my $CRON
- kt4000: Adding to $OSTK, $CRON, $BABA, $OAS
- SAMHUNTER09: $OSTK day 2 moving up.
- kt4000: $OSTK started a position after the major drop.
- phgruver: $OSTK is up 22% after reporting disappointing earnings ($-2.04 vs consensus -$0.82). No idea why, but this could be another one to watch ....
- Henry: @phgruver $OSTK Good morning. Varney on Fox just reported a Hong Kong hedge fund took a big position in the stock
- Brian_M: @phgruver $OSTK Also to note about 46% of the float is currently short
- efrain007: $OSTK $CORT $RDFN watching for a trade
- CHOFF: @Henry $OSTK - GSR Asian VC invested 250m in Overstock's tZero bitcoin venture.
- mrmike: $OSTK Where can I find how much of short position was covered today?
- bRobert: @mrmike $OSTK i believe they are required to report 2x month. Just trade the chart. Short interest could be higher than before. The stock gapped up to the high and traded down from the 200d ceiling. This was a better short than a long TODAY. Cover stop >200d
- mrmike: @bRobert $OSTK Thanks, Have a good weekend.
$OSTK – reminiscent of $STMP...only in reverse. 46% of float is short.
$CASI – breakout on volume. Earnings Monday.
$ACN – request. “Seems about to bounce.” Not really oversold.
- ATX17: $ostk setting up nicely for earnings after the bell. Considering a small position into close or after hours trade into tomorrow morning.
- ATX17: @champ $TTD $AVLR TTD 12% moving well and $ostk 20%
- bRobert: $OSTK Was a good risk reward trade. Options were relatively inexpensive . Completing measured move to $50 area (inv h&s pattern) in AH trading. Kudos to those who were involved.
$OSTK – 43% of float is short. Alert $48.40
$YELP – at very consistent resistance here. Good trade…is over.
$NVEE – good gap and reverse.
$STMP – obvious bounce off 200-day MA. Good profits for many members today.
- stairm01: $OSTK moving nicely with volume starting around 1:00. Long stock.
- champ: $OSTK @ $39.50 ....working nice move....I'm holding a position.
- traderbren: $OSTK -- getting a bid although volume is light.
- champ: @traderbren $OSTK ---- It is almost at the daily average and that is 1.087M and volume is at 850k and is climbing...faster than average.
- DAN: @traderbren $OSTK REALLY high short interest in OSTK. Short squeeze in the making, IMHO.
- traderbren: @DAN $OSTK - nice! Love riding the wave of a short squeeze.
- justinp: @traderbren $OSTK Took a starter but stopped out, no follow through so far.
- debeers: $OSTK-They sent their shareholders to the vomitorium hours. The idea of them making their own furniture? stock down 4.77% ah.Puhleeeze. NP
- champ: $OSTK @ $39.80 ....Bounce $2 off todays low ...this stock wants to move - up ...I had a post on info... on this position. This is a zig-zagger that wants to move up the ladder.
- TraderJim: @champ $OSTK In with you champ Thanks for all your great work!
- champ: @TraderJim $OSTK --- YW...but be careful because this stock is a crazy zig-zagger...but look what it did in December. Their will be a Supreme Court decision, that is expected to confirm a ruling that a state, can-not require a business to collect sates tax on a business, if it is not in their state....this decision is expected in early June. This is the reason why this stock could bounce and the reason why this stock dropped, on that Sales-Tax news, the WH team, wants this decision overturned but its not going to happen, is my guess. If they don't overturn that 1992 Supreme Court ruling, this would be really positive for this stock.
- stairm01: $OSTK Covered Call canidate. Stock trading in channel. Buy stock here at $38 and sell this weeks 39 strike for $0.75. Around 4.6% if stock closes this week above $39. Or 2% if it doesn't move.
- shoredriver: @stairm01 $OSTK Been doing that for years with other stocks....think you will be amazed with your % returns over a 6 and 12 month timeframe...way better than all the daily/hourly in and out jazz.....Don't know why@Dan does not feature that like yieldhogs...maybe he does on OMM...not paying extra for that because I don't care about doing flying inverse bivalve butterflies or whatever...
- stairm01: @shoredriver $OSTK Yes, I've been doing the weekly CC on $X and $LABU with excellent returns for a long time as well. It has boosted my portfolio. On Friday I hit an all time new high, and I'm real happy making money this way.
- champ: $OSTK @ $39 ---- Really hard to know, if this is going back to $60 and then $80. On the chart, you can see that last leg...last year, that zig-zag higher ...will it repeat..??
- stairm01: @shoredriver $OSTK Do you have any specific stocks you do CC on all the time?
- champ: $OSTK....bloom
|Stock Price||$USD 11.07|
Overstock.com, Inc. is an online retailer offering closeout and discount brand and non-brand name merchandise, including bed-and-bath goods, home d?cor, kitchenware, watches, jewelry, electronics and computers, apparel, and designer accessories.Request Video of OSTK
Already a member? Sign in here.
- November 7th, 2019 - 2019 Q3 Earnings
- $USD 5.94 29.11%
- $USD 19.92 28.90%
- $USD 22.05 27.43%
- $USD 10.82 -36.33%
- $USD 7.49 -23.67%
- $USD 5.79 -23.17%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 65,300 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (65,300) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!