Roku Inc. (NASDAQ:ROKU)
Old Forum Content for ROKUMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- kt4000: $ROKU $APPL $ALGN $WIT added more to small positions this morning - all on the move.
- PJMR11: $ROKU Seeing a little buying interest
- kt4000: $ROKU looking strong - with volume - bought some the other day added this morning and adding more now.
- PJMR11: $ROKU Added to my small position
- BocaRick: $Lite 7% bounce, now below 40, $Roku minor bounce,
- Brian_M: $ROKU been waiting on this a while but if it can stay around $42.50 into the close it may give a pop tomorrow morning for any bounce traders.
$ROKU – note the difference. The steeper and longer the drop, the weaker the pop. Like a rubber band getting and staying stretched out long enough to take the elastic out of the band.
$DVMT – sloppy pattern, but up at new highs on twice ...
- Brian_M: $ROKU showing some life it broke through the VWAP to the upside earlier today and recently tested it and is now moving higher. This is a bounce trade so I'm not looking for a return to the glory days by any stretch. (Long Dec $40 calls)
$ROKU – watch this for same dynamic. It will rebound…we just don’t know when, and how much. This is NOT a buy recommendation. Just a “watch” recommendation.
$LITE – guided lower. This hurts $AAPL too. Provide ...
- PJMR11: $ROKU Continuing to go down. Off my screen for today.
- Wykeman: $ROKU appears to be turning..
- Reif99: If $ROKU gets below LOD at $42.71, watch out below
- Brian_M: $ROKU just checked back in on the price and ouch is all I can say. Eventually, I am looking to go long just waiting for the stock to give an all clear. Maybe Monday but who knows looks pretty ugly.
- PJMR11: @Brian_M $ROKU I am thinking of taking a small position at the EOD
- Brian_M: @PJMR11 $ROKU I have it on my radar to check this as well before the close. I’d like to see it firm up a bit before I pull the trigger on anything or there might be more selling Monday.
- kt4000: bought a small position in $ROKU, added to $ALGN on the dip more $BXMT, $DUK, $UNH... Hope everyone has a good weekend!
- Brian_M: @PJMR11 $ROKU Bought some it looks like it firmed up enough for me to swing it to Monday.
- PJMR11: @Brian_M $ROKU I have a bid in at $44
- PJMR11: @Brian_M $ROKU My bid went off.
- MtChet: @Gary $AMZN $SPX $DJI $MDY $IWM $NDX $DXCM $OLLI $TNDM $LFVN $ULTA $MCD $ROST $ESRX $UNH $HUM $PFE $NHC $VICI $KMG $HCKT $ROKU $MED $Z $ALRM $WTW #NOTES @Gary- Where is the link to the webinar?
- woodman: $ROKU - well, if you wanted in, you are probably safe buying it now. But yikes, the report didn't seem all that bad. Very high expectations with for a stock that already has a high valuation, I guess.
- 1winkie: @woodman $ROKU Wedbush Securities maintained it as Outperform with a $65 target price, noting there may still be upside to its price target despite narrower guidance.
- GOOSE: A TRADE: Gunslingers only. $ROKU STO 11/9/18 47.0 PUTS @1.00 Expires tomorrow.
- Henry: @GOOSE $ROKU wow, tomorrow could be day 2. Say hello to Miss Kitty and (edit) Festus in the saloon. Fester is in the Adams house
- infocus: @GOOSE $ROKU Hope your guns are loaded, pardner. ;>)
- GOOSE: @Henry $ROKU ;>)
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $ROKU BTO STOCK 47.92 Small, & a stop @47.75
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $ROKU STC STOCK 48.11 Started to go down rapidly, so decided to bail with .11 profit. Really flat, .10 for commission.
- baronp0329: @champ $GVA $VMC $MLM $USCR $URI $HRI $ULTA #positive-News-flow #everywhere #News Think ULTA was traded but I wasn't in that one. I traded $ETSY $MNST on the long side and $ROKU short side.
- efrain007: $ROKU anyone think buying some at close is a good gamble for a bounce tomorrow?
- efrain007: @BocaRick $ROKU I'd rather see it close as close to the low as possible with high volume to shake more holders out but that's just my opinion.
- efrain007: @BocaRick $ROKU I'm going to hold off and watch after hours, maybe I can get lower price then.
- PhilHarmonic: @efrain007 $ROKU I do.
8. $ROKU – Don’t buy the falling knife.
9. $Z – still going. Tomorrow might be the reversal. Gunslingers can buy the close today. Not likely to gap down at the open.
- woodman: $INSP - for me yesterday was a buy FOR earnings. Testing my luck again today with $ROKU which reports after the bell. Also have some $SQ that I am holding through. Earnings Roulette.
Others will pop up.
$ROKU - raised to Outperform from Neutral at Wedbush Securities, but the firm lowered its target price to $65 from $73 after taking a more conservative approach to valuation. Shares closed at $55.60 ahead of this call. The consensus target price wa ...
- bsafriet: @1winkie $AEO $BBL $FB $HLNE $NTRI $PFE $ROKU $SEAS $VLO $WD $WEX Thanks for posting! Good stuff, appreciate the info. Keep it coming.
- GOOSE: TRADES: $ROKU STC STOCK @53.0 Assigned to me over the weekend @52.0 $AMD STO 11/2/18 19.0 CALLS @.20 Delta .23 $TWLO STO 11/2/18 62.0 PUTS @.60 Delta .16 $TWLO STO 11/2/18 71.0 CALLS @1.00 Delta .31
- GOOSE: OPTION EXPIRATION 10/26/18 $ROKU 10/26/18 51.0 PUTS EXPIRED $ROKU 10/26/18 52.0 PUTS Assigned I'm now the proud owner of $ROKU Stock $ROKU 10/26/18 57.0 CALLS EXPIRED My fat fingered double digit STO, worked out. ;>) $ROKU 10/26/18 54.0 CALLS EXPIRED $TWLO 10/26/18 68.50 CALLS EXPIRED $TWLO 10/26/18 66.50 CALLS EXPIRED $TWLO 10/26/18 71.50 CALL EXPIRED $TWLO 10/26/18 68.5 PUT Rolled out $AMD 10/26/18 20.0 CALLS EXPIRED $AMD 10/26/18 19.0 PUTS Rolled out $AMZN 10/26/18 1580/1600 BuPS EXPIRED Have a great and safe weekend everybody. ;>)
- WWWilly: @GOOSE $ROKU ? date
- jmat2413: @GOOSE $ROKU Time Machine?
- GOOSE: @jmat2413 $ROKU Hey guy, you're right. Expiration is 10/26/18. I'll change the post. Thank you.
- GOOSE: @WWWilly $ROKU Ha, Ha, you're right. Thank you. I'll edit the post.
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $ROKU STO 10/26/18 54.0 CALLS @1.17 EDITED DATE
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $ROKU STO 10/26/18 58.0 CALLS @.85
- GOOSE: TRADES: Some from earlier. $ROKU STO 10/26/18 58.0 CALLS @.85 $ROKU STO 10/26/18 51.0 PUTS @.63 $ROKU STO 10/26/18 57.0 CALLS @1.01 Usually I do 1-3 contracts on $ROKU, fat fingered this one, now have double digits of this contract ;>) $TWLO STO 10/26/18 71.50 CALLS @1.10 $ROKU STO 10/26/18 52.0 PUTS @.91
- fishing777: $ROKU..set up a BeCs after upgrade today and subsequent sell-off...love time decay
- bsafriet: $ROKU $NOW $ROKU close just above the 50% retracement level from the 4/4 - 10/1/18 move, a 167% move. NP $NOW Looks intent to test the SMA(200) again, currently about $174. Holding a very small position with a stop below the SMA(200).
$ROKU – the short entry was on Wednesday...or perhaps Thursday morning.
$NOW – under distribution.
$NVDA – key breakdown
$ABMD – short this? Earnings 10/25. Very toppy, with a lot of resistance overhead.
$LGND – anoth ...
$ROKU – frailed at 50-day MA. $50 is certainly in play.
$TLRY – watch this...but it’s a newsie thing at this point.
- Robert1965: $ROKU any one in this from yesterday
- GOOSE: @Robert1965 $ROKU Yah, I am. Sold half this morning at a nice profit. Other half encumbered with short calls.
- GOOSE: LAST TRADE: $ROKU 10/19/18 STO 60.0 PUTS @.68 3 Day trade.
- traderbren: $ROKU - nearing the 50d overhead. Let's see if it can clear it. NP as yet, but its had a nice bounce.
- GOOSE: This is the REAL LAST TRADE: $ROKU BTO STOCK 63.49
- GOOSE: $ROKU Flying AH
- traderbren: @GOOSE $ROKU - yep, on the coattails of $NFLX earnings.
- Robert1965: $rOKU $amzn $tqqq All up AH after $nflx report
- GOOSE: TRADES: $ROKU BTO STOCK 61.5
$ROKU – this is what the entire market is doing. Break of trend…looking for a new one. A “bend in the trend.”
$ETSY – same thing. Maxim of trading momentum stocks: When the trend bends, the consolidation ca ...
- GOOSE: TRADES: $ROKU BTC 10/12/18 69.0 & 70.0 CALLS @.05 $SFIX BTC 10/12/18 29.0, 29.5, & 30.5 CALLS @.02 & .03
- DAN: $NOW -- rebounding off $180. This is one of our growth stocks. These stocks are struggling in this market, and I'm looking at them as "trading" stocks now, rather than "holding" stocks. $SPLK -- also rebounding a bit. Off the 200-day moving average. Not sure how much juice the buyers have. $ROKU -- also rebounding off 50-day moving average. Just commenting on a few stocks that I see as making notable stands at support.
- bsafriet: $ROKU Down today, but bouncing after testing SMA(50). I was stopped out when it blew through last Friday’s low and kept going. Waiting for price to settle before re-entering. Maybe after a second successful test of the SMA(50).
- spmeyers: @bsafriet $ROKU I like it for a starter
- bwcarnation1: $ROKU nice bounce up 3%. cramer said this a.m. it's the key to the market being the best growth stock this year...If it sells off not good for market. fwiw!
$ROKU – Needing lots of consolidation here. Trapped bulls. Still in trend.
$DNR – working well. Be patient.
$NOW – needs to hold at this level.
$RP – holding at 50-day MA...but under distrib.
$SPLK – has fil ...
- michaelH: $ROKU I have a full pos in ROKU and with todays price have an average gain of 21%; time to close it down? or sell 1/2. Unfortunately I have fallen in love with this stock (was up 30%) which has clouded my judgement.( I have taken a few shares off as it moved up)
- Cheezit: @michaelH $ROKU If you love it set it free. It will come back to you if its meant to be..lol OK seriously now, I would think about maybe selling 1/2 and set a stop on the rest back at your original buy point, or some logical stop point around it. That way you have a nice profit in the bank with some shares still in the game.
- cmaxwel1: @michaelH $ROKU (SOld it), will buy another day. Thanks for the Green
- etmagic: bought a small position in $ROKU
- bsafriet: $ROKU. Just re-entered at $66.74, 1/4 position. Trade rationale to follow.
- bsafriet: @bsafriet $ROKU Trade Analysis: SMA(50). $61.64 SMA(100). $52.14 SMA(200) $45.85 Fib Analysis: 23.6% $66.10 38.2%. $59.05 50.0%. $53.24 61.8%. $47.65 We’ve already hit the 23.6% retracement level today and tested it 3 times successfully. I entered after the last test bounced and broke above the trading range it had been in from approx 12;30 -2:00 PM. $ROKU continues to move higher RHRN. This is a day/swing trade with the potential for multi-week or longer hold - depends on the chart. I would not be surprised if we see a test of the SMA(50), currently at $61.64. My stop is at $65.90. The Fib levels are used for guidance for entries and exits and must be given a little wiggle room, a small band about each level depending on volatility. Best wishes.
- bsafriet: $ROKU. See last post/reply for trade rationale. $ROKU now at $67.39, long 1/4 position
$ROKU – removed.
$ALGN – NOW I would sell it if I owned it.
$PRAH – I would sell.
$ETSY – I would sell.
$ALGN – If $350 doesn’t hold, I would sell.
- debeers: $ROKU-Why it fell yesterday: LONG FORM:Streaming video platform Roku (ROKU) has shown the viability of advertiser-supported video-on-demand services with its Roku Channel. But soon it will have competition in the space from e-commerce giant Amazon.com (AMZN). Roku stock fell on the news. Amazon subsidiary IMDb this week is expected to announce a free, ad-supported video service for Amazon Fire TV device users, CNBC reported late Monday. Like the Roku Channel, it will feature a selection of catalog movies and TV shows. The new Amazon channel will be available to all viewers, not just Amazon Prime subscribers. NP SHORT FORM: Good morning, Roku---you've been Amazoned
- mrmike: @debeers $ROKU Everyone seems to think $ROKU is a take over target, rather than trying to build what Roku has already spent 10 years doing. Analyst keep raising price targets for the stock. But I haven't heard anyone mention a takeover price. What's your take on that. Thank you for all your contributions to the forum. I value your work here.
- debeers: @mrmike $ROKU -if Roku charges for what Amazon gives away for free , that should tell you what you need to know. BUT that has yet to be established that the offering will be comparable. Why do you need to do something RHRN on this one?
- Bob E: @debeers $ROKU One of the reasons I have $ROKU and subscribe to Prime is because there are no advertisements that interrupts programing. IMHO advertiser supported programing is not free, the cost in aggravation and time can be expensive!
- mrmike: @debeers $ROKU I'm out right now. I'm just trying to follow it closely. Thanks
- Ajax4Hire: @debeers $ROKU Add Hulu and PlutoTV and you have a good range of Broadcast and On-Demand TV. I subscribe to the $12/month-no-advertisement Hulu. Getting ready to pay the $6/month for Hallmark Channel thru the winter (mostly for the endless steam of Christmas movies). Time is the one resource you can never buy more of. Sometimes the cost of free is too expensive. But, the cost of freedom is always worthwhile. Ajax4Hire
- phgruver: Just ditched the rest of my $ROKU. I still had a decent profit, so I'm out, waiting for stability....
- DAN: @phgruver $ROKU That's a good move, phgruver.
- Bob E: $ROKU @Dan Question: I have a third of a position in $ROKU I bought on 10-01, not the best entry but how many good entries are there? Typically, I would add on a pullback which the stock has done. However, I have noticed that you are "yellow flag" cautions on the overall market. The question is should I add or wait for more clarity on the overall market?
- michaelH: $ROKU looks like a pull back bounce here at the 20 DMA; going to add small to my existing pos.
- DAN: @Bob E $ROKU No. Don't add. Bad entry, Bob. (I've made that same type of entry many times, so don't feel alone. It happens). But the stock could fall clear back to $60 and still be in a solid trend. That's too much room to give the stock. Definitely don't add here -- and I'd still stick with that suggestion even if the stock runs to $80 tomorrow. I don't think you should ever add to losers. Only winners -- because the stock is telling you that you are correct. You might consider putting a tight stop on your current position -- even just a bit below $71. If the entry was bad, don't make the exit bad too. That's insult to injury. ;-) Capiche? Dan
- Bob E: @DAN $ROKU Thanks Dan
$ROKU – Trying to reverse recent PB with hammer candlestick – Back above 20-day & VWAP – Went back to the well one too many times, on this one, and current Oct. $75 call position is looking rather ill – If gains hold, wil ...
- DAN: @Sher $BX $UTX $CSX $VEEV $ROKU $ENDP $CTL Nice trading, Sher. 8-) Dan
- Sher: @DAN $BX $UTX $CSX $VEEV $ROKU $ENDP $CTL - Thank you...
- johnny: $ROKU So I'm noticing in my software (ETP) there's a large call volume for the Jan19 $60 price (12k+). Does that qualify as "unusual call activity" and does it infer anything?
- bsafriet: $ROKU Took profits today. Plan to re-enter if todays reversal from the opening selling carries over and uptrend resumes.
- Bob E: $ROKU Moving closer to support at the 20 SMA!
- mrmike: @Dan At what point would you be looking to get into $ROKU? I got stopped out @ 73.00
- DAN: @mrmike $ROKU Oh, I think it needs to "reset." I sold too soon -- wish I still held the stock. But I wouldn't buy it now. I'd need to see it consolidate for a while. It's too extended to buy, and is also down bigly today, so that marks some distribution.
- phgruver: @issues $SPY $TQQQ $UPRO $QLD $SSO $ABMD $ALGN $HIIQ $WCG $ANTM $CNC $ILMN $TMO $XLI $BA $LMT $GD $AVAV $CAT $URI $XLK $ROKU $NFLX $GOOGL $AAPL $AMZN $IBM $CSCO $TWLO $ACIA $NVDA $QCOM $MSFT $CRM $NOW $TTD $XRT $ULTA $EL $HELE $LULU $W $TSCO $IRBT $W ...
- shoredriver: $ROKU....Needham up pt to $85.......bold.......
7. $ROKU – still working higher....
8. $CTL – back at 50-day moving average. Good entry for yield hogs. But as a swing trade – probably not much there.
9. $CHEF – consolidating in Phase 2. But I like this stock. Stop would ...
- Wykeman: @bRobert $SPY $TQQQ $UPRO $QLD $SSO $ABMD $ALGN $HIIQ $WCG $ANTM $CNC $ILMN $TMO $XLI $BA $LMT $GD $AVAV $CAT $URI $XLK $ROKU $NFLX $GOOGL $AAPL $AMZN $IBM $CSCO $TWLO $ACIA $NVDA $QCOM $MSFT $CRM $NOW $TTD $XRT $ULTA $EL $HELE $LULU $W $TSCO $IRBT $WTW $AAN $ROST $TGT $COST $LOW $HD $MCD $DPZ $DIN $XME $CF $CLF $HACK $FTNT $PANW $FDX $UAL $UNP $NSC $ODFL $XPO $XLF $BX $KKR $FLT $SQ $C $JPM $DIS $DISCA $SNE $TTWO $MTCH ? My eyes are wide open. And I do have positions in other sectors. I choose not to publish every position, or trade I have in this forum. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
- bRobert: @Wykeman $SPY $TQQQ $UPRO $QLD $SSO $ABMD $ALGN $HIIQ $WCG $ANTM $CNC $ILMN $TMO $XLI $BA $LMT $GD $AVAV $CAT $URI $XLK $ROKU $NFLX $GOOGL $AAPL $AMZN $IBM $CSCO $TWLO $ACIA $NVDA $QCOM $MSFT $CRM $NOW $TTD $XRT $ULTA $EL $HELE $LULU $W $TSCO $IRBT $WTW $AAN $ROST $TGT $COST $LOW $HD $MCD $DPZ $DIN $XME $CF $CLF $HACK $FTNT $PANW $FDX $UAL $UNP $NSC $ODFL $XPO $XLF $BX $KKR $FLT $SQ $C $JPM $DIS $DISCA $SNE $TTWO $MTCH Neither do I. But when I hear other influential members take an overly cautious attitude and say there's nothing to invest in RHRN , I feel a bit obliged .
|Stock Price||$USD 52.08|
Roku Inc operates TV streaming platform in the United States. Its TV streaming platform allows users to discover and access a variety of movies and TV episodes, as well as live sports, music, news and more.Request Video of ROKU
Already a member? Sign in here.
- February 20th, 2019 - 2018 Q4 Earnings
- February 21st, 2019 - 2018 Q4 Earnings
- $USD 50.97 25.52%
- $USD 30.00 20.95%
- $USD 21.43 17.50%
- $USD 12.78 -22.28%
- $USD 14.69 -6.97%
- $USD 17.94 -6.06%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 60,600 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (60,600) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!