Roku Inc. (NASDAQ:ROKU)
Old Forum Content for ROKUMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- gwenzee: $ROKU Had a limit order in @ $43.30. Filled yesterday. So far, so good.
- Robert1965: @DAN $ROKU$ KEM any thoughts on these would like to get back in
- DAN: @Robert1965 $ROKU You could buy ROKU here, with a stop below Friday's intraday low. KEM isn't at a good entry, though it should be held if you own it.
- gwenzee: $ROKU Trying to get back into the upward channel. Back above the 8EMA. Bullish Harami on today's chart. What's not to like?
- Bob E: @gwenzee $ROKU You are right on every point, the only problem I see is lack of volume.
$ROKU – worrisome pullback – steep. But probably holding at $40.
$IQ – very volatile. I have a covered strangle on it. Not for the faint of heart.
$TRXC – institutional buying here.
$NFLX – likely to drift.
$NVDA &nd ...
- bsnceo: any ideas about $Roku?
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $ROKU STO 45.0 CALLS @.60 Will buy to cover if necessary. EDIT, EDIT $ROKU, Not $IQ Fat thumb or brain. ;>)
- GOOSE: @Junior1 $ROKU NOT IQ, $ROKU 6/29/18 Expiration
- antfarm: $ROKU Stopped out of my ROKU at 42.73. Sold June 29th 41 Put @ .55 as a possible re-entry.
- petros06: Stopped out of $ROKU and $OLLI today. nice profit on $OLLI, long term hold. Red Sea day. sitting out the rest of the day.
- sierramp: $ROKU holding up well into the close. I don't know if this is a cup and handle formation but it is off today's low.
- mopick: $ROKU, awfully silent today. Anybody still left in this stock??
- issues: @mopick $ROKU yes little ol' me. Hangin' in there. Sold before only to see it come back to life. Plan on holding a while longer as Dan suggests. The SPX range looks to be between 2871 and 2551. We are still in a upward market. No need to panic. Dan will be back from Hawaii soon and everything will be back to normal up trending market.
- champ: @mopick $ROKU --- I'm holding it...there is Rotation going on... into the energy sector today, is all...it will be back in focus.
- woodman: @mopick $ROKU - I am.
- gwenzee: @mopick $ROKU Still waiting for my pullback price. Hard to be patient.
- greenpatrol: @mopick $ROKU I added some today.
- justinp: @mopick $ROKU Stopped out but may re-enter. Dust needs to settle here.
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $ROKU BTO STOCK @44.46 We'll see. Trying to out wait $IQ , want to pick up a little again.
- Kjksm1: Any recommendations for getting in $roku? Thanks in advance
- sierramp: @Kjksm1 $roku I am watching to get back in as well. It remains to be seen whether it will continue the cup formation or whether this is the beginning of the handle part of the cup and handle. I am waiting until it's obvious one way or the other. The handle pullback would be a very good signal for getting back in after it turns decidedly positive. Either way, I'll be using tight stops to limit downside.
- infocus: @mopick $ROKU Not me. Got out yesterday with a small profit. I've given up on it until the short sellers start getting squeezed.
- sierramp: Yesterday $ROKU seemed to bottom around 9:45 a.m. This morning it may be doing the same thing. Probably not too risky so I added a couple of minutes ago.
- Henry: @sierramp $ROKU seemed is the operative word. The market is taking most things down.
- sierramp: @Henry $ROKU You are absolutely right. I should have stepped away from the computer. Maybe it's not too late to do that now.
- GOOSE: TRADES: $ROKU STC STOCK @46.0 & 45.65 OUT Waiting for another opp.
- otnancy: $ROKU - out.
- infocus: $APC $ROKU Stopped out. This volatility is driving me crazy. Yesterday I made good money (Is there any bad money?) and today most of it is gone! I'm on the verge of throwing in the proverbial towel.
- sierramp: @infocus $APC $ROKU The last few days have been frustrating. Like you I've been up nicely one day and down the next but following @Dan's philosophy to keep losers on a very short stop, the losses haven't been bad. I'm out of both of my $ROKU positions for small profit, out of $CGC now, was out of $IQ yesterday thankfully. $EVIO and $T are my biggest winners today which isn't saying much.
- Sher: @infocus $APC $ROKU - Ditto!
- gwenzee: @norcal98 $ROKU Yesterday I said that I was waiting for the pullback. Placed a limit order in to buy @ $43.30. May or may not get that low.
- puttz: @gwenzee $ROKU Pulled right back to the 8 dma which worked before
- gwenzee: @puttz $ROKU Yes it did on more than one occasion.
- cb: $ROKU added RHRN
- norcal98: @gwenzee $ROKU Appreciate the thoughts and it seems to be lower now. Based on the current price action, is something in the low 43 range still an option like you were originally aiming? or is this high 44 dollar range what you were referring too? I'm terrible at entries and trying not to jump in early.
- puttz: @gwenzee $ROKU I just added to my pos.
- gwenzee: @norcal98 $ROKU Did you read my post today? Limit order @ $43.30.
- GOOSE: A TRADE: Even with my sunglasses on it was still a shiny objet d'art. $ROKU BTO STOCK 45.10 Hit my bid before I had time to cancel. Just a starter.
- norcal98: @gwenzee $ROKU Thanks. I just responded to yesterdays post asking your thoughts, but see you already were ahead of me. Thanks for keeping me in mind. I was really tempted in the 44.75 range, but I think I will wait along with you. See what happens today and if maybe Friday brings a few sellers closing out ahead of the weekend. Of course I'm so inexperienced that it will probably be the opposite of what I think.
- gwenzee: @norcal98 $ROKU PLEASE don't follow me or anyone else. Remember this is "free" advice and is probably worth what you paid for it. Always do your own research and make your own decisions. No one knows your risk tolerance or size of your portfolio better than you do.
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $ROKU BTO STOCK @45.27 Hey! How about everybody who buy's and sells stuff, post the prices and strikes as I do, so people following you can determine if it's to late to follow. Hmmmm.
- norcal98: @gwenzee $ROKU I did. I fired off the above reply and then saw you were already one step ahead. Must have been reading my mind. No idea why my post was a 3x repeat. Just the same, thanks again. Even if the buy point isn't hit, I'm finding its better to be frustrated about not getting the desired entry then frustrated over buying early and let the account pay for it.
- petros06: Added to position, $SRI @35.94@GOOSE $ROKU
- norcal98: @gwenzee $ROKU Understood. Just need to force myself to stick to a plan and sometimes be reminded of it.
- cb: @GOOSE $ROKU added @ 44.85 should be a short wait till $50 plus
- JBed: $ROKU, $ETSY, $BZUN, $KRE Added - actually got back into $ROKU after being stopped out for a profit.
- GuitarGuy: $ROKU...looks like that gap level from February around the 45.70ish level is significant. Last 5 of 6 trading days it has hugged in and around that level.
- cb: $ROKU WOW amazing strong bounce RHRN Hourly chart showing a base@ 45
- cb: $ROKU vwap fight @ 45.81 the last 30 min gained .85 was like watching a race horse with alot of Heart! Coming from the back of the field
- CoyoteDuster: @GOOSE $ROKU I usually do this for the reason stated. I have no pride.
- gwenzee: @cb $ROKU Looks like it decided to go back to the barn.
- woodman: @gwenzee $ROKU - despair not ... at least not until it fails to hold the 8dEMA.
- GOOSE: @CoyoteDuster $ROKU I wanted to reply, but I don't know what your reply was in reference to. GOOSE
- gwenzee: @woodman $ROKU Remember I don't own this. Waiting for more of a pullback. Not despairing, just being patient.
- issues: @cb $ROKU Want to see an amazing bounce look at $W!! W for WOW!!
- woodman: @gwenzee $ROKU - Ahhh. I misinterpreted.
- woodman: @issues $ROKU $W - and check out $EYE for multiple long bounces. Pretty obvious where support is for EYE.
- GOOSE: $ROKU Yay! 8/10ths position.
- gwenzee: @GOOSE $ROKU Kept waiting for a good pullback so I could get in. Still waiting but not as patiently. Grrrrrrr!!!
- GOOSE: @gwenzee $ROKU Sorry gwen, but the race belongs to the bold, or the bald, as the case may be. ;>))
- gwenzee: @GOOSE $ROKU Thought the race belonged to the swift. I guess I'm the tortoise in this race.
- infocus: $ROKU On a tear. Up 4.5% Long.
- norcal98: @gwenzee $ROKU If you don't mind, what range are you looking for? I would like to get in as well, but not sure when and where the entry should be?
- gwenzee: @norcal98 $ROKU Wanted to get in at $43.30. Didn't happen. If you look at the daily chart you will see that it goes up 2-3 days and then has a little pullback. Will wait for that pullback which will probably be higher than $43.30. Resistance is about $46.20. Would rather buy when resistance becomes support.
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $ROKU BTO STOCK 47.10 An add. 9/10ths. position.
- sierramp: $ROKU sure is a beautiful cup. Question is whether it will go to Dec high before forming the handle. It's hard for me to add here.
- PJMR11: @sierramp $ROKU All this name has done for me is cost me money. Guess I am not patient enough
- Reif99: @sierramp $ROKU The high from February is still 10% from here. And there's no guarantee that's where it stops.
- sierramp: @PJMR11 $ROKU I understand, that was me with $IQ. I need to be more disciplined I suppose.
- infocus: @GOOSE $ROKU I added to 1/2 position this a.m. @46.16 ;>)
- Kristine: $ROKU - Okay enough watching the shiny object....BTO July 20th $40 strike.
- stairm01: @sierramp $ROKU This might help you guys as a way to get into ROKU. I bought stock two days ago around 45 and sold next weeks 47 strike call for $1.15. I then added again yesterday at $45 and sold the 47 strike against those shares for 1.25. Today it took off more, which is fine, but by selling calls against my stock, it helps me in case of a pullback. If it does pullback before next weeks expiration, I may be able to buy those calls back for 10% or less of what I sold them for and I'll still have the stock.
- GOOSE: @sierramp $ROKU Just close your eyes, and hit the "BUY" button. ;>)
- GOOSE: @infocus $ROKU You lucky slinger you. ;>)
- cb: @GOOSE $ROKU I did just that on 6/14. currently up 2.3% Strong Stock. Headed to $50 and then beyond.
- Sluggo: @sierramp $ROKU It is indeed. My history on the pattern works well for a move higher. I do own some. IBD classic pattern.
- sierramp: @GOOSE $ROKU That's funny but it might just work. I might bite the bullet and use a tight stop. Thanks.
- sierramp: @Sluggo $ROKU I can't remember the last time I saw such a beautiful, obvious, clean cup. I hope we all do well with it. Thanks.
- Henry: $ROKU has risen to the top of my sea of red
- woodman: @Henry $ROKU - yup. Liking this here/still.
- cb: $ROKU new position
- PJMR11: $ROKU new position too
- PJMR11: $ROKU Full position with tight stop
- PJMR11: $ROKU $DOCU Stopped out
- PJMR11: @petros06 $DOCU $ROKU Stops saved me some money too
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $ROKU BTO STOCK @45.35
- gwenzee: $SPLK $ROKU Rebought today @ $115.20. Would like to see it fill the gap. Waiting for ROKU to pullback to my buy area.
- bsafriet: @gwenzee $SPLK $ROKU Admire your courage. I am waiting for an upside confirmation before adding. See too much tetesterone and chest thumping going on to be buying today except for BTC the short calls on my covered call writes and diagonal spreads. Best wishes!
- gwenzee: @bsafriet $SPLK $ROKU Bought it for less than I had previously sold it. Don't know if that was courageous or not.
- champ: $ROKU @ $45 ...up about a $1 off the low now....
- sierramp: New position in $ROKU @ 44.30
- petros06: I'm there with you. got in at 43.54@sierramp $ROKU
- sierramp: @petros06 $ROKU Thanks for the validation.
- woodman: Bought some $CRSP and added to $ROKU this morning.
- sierramp: New position in $HUYA. Looks good on this down day along with $IQ $FB $ROKU
- GOOSE: $ROKU Up on a down day. 6/10ths position.
- Junior1: @GOOSE $ROKU Were you able to get out of the short Calls on $GOOS?
- GOOSE: @Junior1 $ROKU $GOOS Yah! As per my post that day, I took a haircut of about, too lazy to look it up, of about $200. It's still going. ;>(
- petros06: @sierramp $ROKU I'm enjoying the $ROKU ride today
|Stock Price||$USD 73.07|
Roku Inc operates TV streaming platform in the United States. Its TV streaming platform allows users to discover and access a variety of movies and TV episodes, as well as live sports, music, news and more.Request Video of ROKU
Already a member? Sign in here.
- November 7th, 2018 - 2018 Q3 Earnings
- $USD 15.15 19.47%
- $USD 5.29 17.97%
- $USD 21.77 17.42%
- $USD 5.18 -9.21%
- $USD 8.00 -6.65%
- $USD 9.39 -5.69%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 58,200 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (58,200) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!