TripAdvisor Inc. (NASDAQ:TRIP)
Old Forum Content for TRIPMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- william.j: $TRIP came up in one of my scans. High volume reversal to the upside today. Coming out of a squeeze on the hourly and 15 min chart. In small at 19.50
- que_chimba: @william.j $TRIP t.y.
- Cokeman1959: @william.j $TRIP great trade if you got in at the 20 day. Pushing at the upper band now.
- tnt: Watching the strategy session by @Dan yesterday and $GRUB. I see a similar setup with $TRIP that can be bought right here and now. I am a buyer of $TRIP here. I don't see $TRIP as a name that is going away anytime soon. TripAdvisor has a loyal following.
- CraigReynolds: @tnt $GRUB $TRIP Believe yesterday, Najarian pointed out over 5k Dec 29 C bought in $TRIP.
- tnt: I am really liking the risk/reward for a long trade on $TRIP. Stock has been crushed and yet $TRIP is the leader in travel reviews & info. $TRIP needs to figure out how to monetize this & fast. At these levels I can see an activist moving in or $YHOO or $GOOG outright purchasing them on this temporary weakness. Why wouldn't they? I am buying stock in $TRIP today.
- shoredriver: @tnt $TRIP $YHOO $GOOG ...If they haven't figured it out in about 10 years...don't think they are going too...It is down big for a reason....not sure what the reward is to the risk....
- Kid2old: @JeffyJ $EXPE Also $TRIP, $BKNG
$TRIP - shares put in another lower high on the retest of the declining 50-day EMA. Look for a retest of current support down at $44 in the near-term. Earnings are due out on 8/7.
$XLE - the energy sector ETF rallied the five previous trading days ...
- Herb: $TWOU $TRIP $ALB down
- traderbren: #Earning_reports: Looks like food & drink continues to be the order of the day following $BYND listing: - $SHAK - popping AH - $MNST - also up AH. Nice chaser after a Shack burger - $PLNT - down AH; obviously folks doing more eating & drinking than working out. - $EXPE - down AH; apparently HomeAway's revenue light. Might affect others in the space tomorrow or provide an opportunity - $BKNG, $TRIP, $TRVG, $CTRP - $OLED - nice pop AH. Looks like we'll see some short covering as I noticed greater volume of Puts going into ER. All said, things can change in the badlands - AH.
Mitchell $HCA $LLL $LMT $PFE $TLT $TRIP $YY $ABG $AJG $ARNC $CLR $CNK $DLB $DWDP $ENB $GD $HRS $MTDR $RGA $SAH
06:33 PM 04/14/2019 Daily Chart List
$HCA - closed below the 200-day SMA
$LLL $LMT - continuation after aerospace & defense br ...
$TRIP - bearish reversal at the 200-day SMA (earnings out on 5/6)
$YY - bounce off of the 20-day SMA
Bollinger Band Scan
$ABG - watch for a breakout above the $77.50 (long-term resistance)
$AJG - watch for move above $81
$ARNC - cleared about t ...
- traderbren: $TRIP - offering a bounce trade as it clears the 50d.
- champ: @sierramp $TREX --- 2 1/2 days left....might hold something, don't really know. I'm watching $WB $IQ and $TRIP...now...they report today...after.
- shoredriver: @champ $TREX $WB $IQ $TRIP ....$TWLO also....
- champ: @shoredriver $TREX $WB $IQ $TRIP......#Thanks... $TWLO
- champ: $TRIP....going into earnings....I will be holding a gambling position.
- champ: $WB $IQ $TRIP....a few stocks to watch....earnings on these 3 stocks ...tomorrow...2/12/after/confirmed ....$TRIP might be in play because $EXPE, had a great beat on 2/7.
- efrain007: $TRIP popping out of a bb squeeze w volume.
- Forexpro: Re: $TRIP Hi, Friends, It's been a while since I've looked at this, but it came up in a scan and unlike many stocks that hit and bounced, it appears to have put in something that could conceivably resemble a base. No position, but going to keep an eye on it for a bit. If it's serious about going higher, 55.25 should hold now, with 60 the next upside test, as I read the daily chart. StockRover shows Feb 13 for earnings. All the best!
- traderbren: $TRIP - bounce from yesterday's puke fest continues.
- gwenzee: $TRIP Breaking news. TRIP just fired their Owl. His travel expenses were over the top. Was staying at Wynn Resorts.
- Wykeman: $TRIP beat eanings up big AH...19% short, could run tomorrow
- singlemalt: $TRIP perking up. NP, yet. Has been holding uptrending 50d.
- Danzguy: @singlemalt $TRIP I read on Stockcharts.com, this w.e., there is an upside potential for 46. A symmetrical triangle has formed and there are continuation patterns which would suggest an upside breakout from the triangle (which may be starting today). NP, but really interested! Cheers!
- Forexpro: Re: $TRIP Hi, Friends, Well, there went the bell, so moot to some extent, but I was just glancing at the travel and leisure subgroup, which is outperforming on the day. This isn't the worst chart I've ever seen. No dividend, earnings May 9, high octane (beta of 1.95). All the best!
- traderbren: @Forexpro $TRIP - thanks for pointing out $TRIP. I had a good day in $EXPE.
- DAN: Good morning. Futures are pointing to yet another higher open, with the Dow set to open nearly 220 points higher than yesterday's close. The S&P 500 is similarly strong. So it looks like the Nasdaq is going to have company above its 50-day mo ...
COTD: $TRIP – from this morning’s MMT. Gapped to $46. Took until nearly 10:00 before rolling. Good short entry with a stop above $47.
$SPX – very odd market. What’s probably happening is that big money went out...and is ...
- DrScience: $TRIP the 200 DMA has been resistance for the past two years, and the stock seems to rise to test that level just before an earnings release. The next move tends to be lower. But, this time may be different... traders liking the stock today ahead of earning report on Valentine's Day.
- Franky: $TRIP bounce of the 50 ma last Friday, is it a buy on this pull back today ?
- kprestonsharp: @bRobert $PHM $RMD $HON $HBAN $HRS $TRIP Probably taking RMD to the prom, but I'll take the others out on dates. Thanks for the comments, and thanks for all of your inputs in the forum. As a beginner, I find them very helpful, especially on the throwbacks.
- bRobert: @kprestonsharp $PHM $RMD $HON $HBAN $HRS $TRIP Thanks for your kind words. Throwback is an important concept. It is a healthy retest of a breakout. Sometimes people are scared off by the pullback of a newly acquired stock and bail. (don't buy break ...
- kprestonsharp: A couple of squeezes I found in my scanner that I thought looked pretty good. On the verge of breaking out... $PHM $RMD $HON $HBAN In squeeze... $HRS $TRIP
- bRobert: @kprestonsharp $PHM $RMD $HON $HBAN $HRS $TRIP Actually 3 couples. Good work. Which one are you taking to the prom? not just good charts but very good companies except for TRIP HBAN just breaking out of weekly high base. Solid regional bank. HON just hold it. Set it and forget it. EXPE similar dynamic to TRIP but better weekly. and better growth RMD solid growth in niche medical area PHM Consolidated major move. Prepped for next leg. HRS Solid company. niche defense applications
- Iceman: $TRIP #ShortPuts – Bought to close TRIP Jan 19 2018 29.0 Puts @ 0.05 Originally sold on 05/26/17 @ 1.15 as a #FallingKnife trade
- Iceman: $TRIP #ShortPuts #FallingKnife - Sold 1 TRIP Jan 19 2018 28.0 Put @ 1.40
- 1993dean: $TRIP worth a look
- PhilHarmonic: @1993dean $TRIP I find their site hard to navigate an I can get cheaper hotel rates by going directly to the Hotel to book a room. Chart is still in a downtrend.
- Iceman: #OptionsExpiration #Weeklys #Sep22 - a light week this week, and a light week next week as well. Added a bit to my long $DUST stock position and exited the last of my $TRIP stock. -- Expirations -- AZO (Weekly) Sep 22 2017 660 Calls DUST (Weekly) Sep 22 2017 20 Puts DUST (Weekly) Sep 22 2017 25 Calls (Covered) SVXY (Weekly) Sep 22 2017 30 Puts SVXY (Weekly) Sep 22 2017 35 Puts SVXY (Weekly) Sep 22 2017 40 Puts SVXY (Weekly) Sep 22 2017 55 Puts SVXY (Weekly) Sep 22 2017 60 Puts SVXY (Weekly) Sep 22 2017 72 Puts SVXY (Weekly) Sep 22 2017 90 Calls (Covered) UVXY (Weekly) Sep 22 2017 55 Calls UVXY (Weekly) Sep 22 2017 64 Calls -- Assignments -- DUST (Weekly) Sep 22 2017 31 Puts DUST (Weekly) Sep 22 2017 34 Puts TRIP (Weekly) Sep 22 2017 40 Calls
- traderbren: $TRIP -- getting a bid. Cleared the 200dma.
- Iceman: $TRIP #ShortPuts – Bought to close TRIP Sep 15 2017 35.0 Puts @ 0.05. It won’t trade any lower. Originally sold 2/23/17 at 1.40
$ANF $AZO $CMG $HP $M $TRIP with a couple of profitable assignments.
Of course volatility trades dominated the action as almost all Puts and Calls expired worthless in $SVXY and all the calls in $UVXY expired.
-- Expired --
AZO (Weekly) Aug 25 2017 ...
- Iceman: $TRIP #ShortCalls #Earnings - Bought to close TRIP AUG 11 2017 41.0 Calls @ 0.05 to avoid possible assignment tonight. The stock was over 41 just yesterday. Originally sold before earnings at 1.10.
- Iceman: $TRIP #CoveredCalls - Sold TRIP Sep 22 2017 40.0 Calls @ 1.12
- Iceman: $TRIP #ShortPuts #Earnings - Turned my earlier sale of 44.0 Calls into a #Strangle by selling the TRIP Aug 11 2017 33.0 Puts @ 0.25 right at the closing bell.
- Iceman: $TRIP #ShortStrangles #Earnings - sold some of these. Trying for better prices. Sold TRIP Aug 11 2017 35.0 Puts/44.5 Calls @ 1.00. Earnings after the close tomorrow and these expire Friday.
- Iceman: $TRIP #CoveredCalls #Rollout #Earnings Bought to close 1 TRIP AUG 4 2017 40.5 Call @ 0.01 Sold to Open 1 TRIP AUG 11 2017 42.0 Call @ 1.06
- Iceman: $TRIP #CoveredCalls - Sold TRIP Aug 4 2017 40.5 Calls @ 0.30. Expires Friday
- Iceman: #OptionsExpiration #Weeklys #Jul28 - A few earnings plays $CMG $AMZN, some old volatility positions $SVXY $UVXY, and some covered calls $TRIP $UAA, are all expiring. My $NFLX covered puts are being assigned, taking me out of the remainder of the short stock position from last week at a nice gain. -- Expirations -- AMZN Weekly Jul 28 2017 940 Puts AMZN Weekly Jul 28 2017 1090 Calls CMG Weekly Jul 28 2017 300 Puts DUST Weekly Jul 28 2017 26 Puts DUST Weekly Jul 28 2017 27 Puts DUST Weekly Jul 28 2017 45 Calls NUGT Weekly Jul 28 2017 24 Puts NUGT Weekly Jul 28 2017 26 Puts SVXY Weekly Jul 28 2017 40 Puts SVXY Weekly Jul 28 2017 42.5 Puts SVXY Weekly Jul 28 2017 45 Puts SVXY Weekly Jul 28 2017 47.5 Puts TSLA Weekly Jul 28 2017 245 Puts TRIP Weekly Jul 28 2017 40 Calls (Covered) UAA Weekly Jul 28 2017 25 Calls (Covered) UVXY 25/100 Weekly Jul 28 2017 11 Calls (Covered) UVXY 25/100 Weekly Jul 28 2017 12 Calls (Covered) UVXY 25/100 Weekly Jul 28 2017 20 Calls -- Assignments -- NFLX Weekly Jul 28 2017 185 Puts (Covered) - eliminates a short stock position
- Iceman: $TRIP #ShortPuts #FallingKnife - Bought to close 1 TRIP Jul 21 2017 38.0 Put @ 0.05 to avoid possible assignment tomorrow. The stock is falling hard today. Originally sold on 05/26/2017 at 1.35.
- Iceman: $TRIP #CoveredCalls - Sold 1 TRIP Aug 11 2017 41.0 Call @ 1.10 with the stock at 36.92. 30 days until expiration.
- Iceman: $TRIP #CoveredCalls - Sold TRIP JUL 7 2017 40.0 Calls @ 0.40. Seven trading days until expiration with a short trading week next week.
- Iceman: $TRIP #CoveredCalls – Sold TRIP Jun 30 2017 40.0 Calls @ 0.15. These expire Friday and I would welcome assignment.
- Iceman: $TRIP #ShortPuts #FallingKnife – Bought to close TRIP Jun 16 2017 38.0 Puts @ 0.45 to avoid assignment tonight. Originally sold at 1.10 so still made over 50% of the premium
- Iceman: $TRIP #ShortPuts #FallingKnife - Sold 1 TRIP Jan 16 2018 30.0 Put @ 1.25 with the stock at 39.84
- Iceman: $TRIP #ShortPuts #FallingKnife - Sold 1 TRIP JAN 19 2018 30.0 Put @ 1.15
- Iceman: $TRIP #ShortPuts – Bought to close 1 TRIP Jun 16 2017 36.0 Put @ 0.05. It won’t trade any lower. A former #FallingKnife trade sold on 02/27/17 @ 1.15. Closed out a month early.
- Motorman: @Iceman $TRIP #ShortPuts #FallingKnife Thanks
- Iceman: $TRIP #ShortCalls - Bought to close TRIP Jun 16 2017 55.0 Calls @ 0.05. They won't trade any lower and I'm out a month early. Sold on 05/08/2017 at 0.60 just prior to #Earnings
- Iceman: $TRIP #ShortPuts - Bought to close 1 TRIP JUN 16 2017 38.0 Put @ 0.05. It won't trade any lower and I'm out a month early. Sold on 02/23/17 at 1.15 as a #FallingKnife trade.
- Iceman: #OptionsExpiration #Weeklys #May12 – Volatility is staying stubbornly low so plenty of expiring options this week. It is getting harder and riskier to replace $SVXY and $UVXY options with new positions. Some more $DUST puts expired that had been sold for big premiums so that is good. Good results with $APA and $TRIP too. No assignments. — Expirations — APA (Weekly) May 12 2017 48.5 Puts DUST (Weekly) May 12 2017 28 Puts NUGT 25/100 (Weekly) May 12 2017 13.5 Calls (Covered) NUGT 25/100 (Weekly) May 12 2017 14 Calls (Covered) SVXY (Weekly) May 12 2017 65 Puts SVXY (Weekly) May 12 2017 70 Puts SVXY (Weekly) May 12 2017 75 Puts SVXY (Weekly) May 12 2017 80 Puts SVXY (Weekly) May 12 2017 85 Puts SVXY (Weekly) May 12 2017 90 Puts TRIP (Weekly) May 12 2017 50.5 Calls UVXY (Weekly) May 12 2017 13 Calls (Covered) UVXY (Weekly) May 12 2017 13.5 Calls (Covered) UVXY (Weekly) May 12 2017 14 Calls (Covered) UVXY (Weekly) May 12 2017 27.5 Calls UVXY (Weekly) May 12 2017 30 Calls UVXY (Weekly) May 12 2017 40 Calls UVXY (Weekly) May 12 2017 42 Calls
- Iceman: $TRIP #ShortCalls #Earning – Bought to close TRIP May 19 2017 52.5 Calls @ 0.05. They won’t trade any lower.
- DAN: $TRIP -- I haven't covered this recently (I've been aware of it...it just hasn't made the cut), but it's starting to come out of a base. Kind of a steady mover, and doesn't report earnings until May 9th. (No position)
- Iceman: $TRIP #ShortCalls – Sold TRIP May 19 2017 52.5 Calls @ 0.35 with the stock at 45.15. These are paired off against old #FallingKnife Puts from 40 down to 35. This creates a strangle position. Only 3 weeks to the call option expiration
- jpmd349: $TRIP - looks like on verge on breaking out of squeeze on daily
- spmeyers: @jpmd349 $TRIP yeah, but why bottom feed with so many good charts to choose from?
- DrScience: $TRIP dumpster diving with APR 45 Calls @ 1.00
- Iceman: $TRIP - nice bounce today
- Iceman: $TRIP #ShortPuts #FallingKnife #OptionLadder - sold these this morning Sold 1 TRIP SEP 15 2017 35.0 Put @ 1.30 Sold 1 TRIP JUN 16 2017 40.0 Put @ 1.60
- TunaHelper: $TRIP, which closed right at 4SD lower BB yesterday, continues to chug along to the downside today. It's now within the 4SD BB, but that seems to be more of a function of BB expansion than anything else. It's now sitting just at the 3SD lower BB. Given its performance today, it really seems too toxic - even for a potential bounce trade. Too much work; easier trades out there.
- tejas7: $TRIP Small daytrade started at 53.67, tight stop
- tejas7: @tejas7 $TRIP stopped out
- TunaHelper: $TRIP just a hair outside the 4SD BBs. This stock has a major case of the ouchies!
- TunaHelper: @TunaHelper $TRIP Seems to be trickling up now ...
- JJT1: $MEOH $TRIP Couple stocks to watch. $MEOH not really a VS but after 3 days above upper BB then back to EMA, today up 5%, all three SMA 50, 100, 200 in same vincinity. $TRIP 3rd green candle 1st to 50 day SMA, second day bounce off 50 to 100 day, today bounce off 100 day to just above 200 day.
- rah: @Tr8dr $NVDA - TOS does have a Pattern recognition tool and it seems it can used in a scan (see Scan tab, Study; Custom). I am not sure how to do it, but think you would probably have to add multiple, custom study, pattern searches; one for each type desired if available. Just did a quick test and see $AMZN, $LNKD, $SMCI, $TRIP have an "Inside 3 up" candle pattern (should probably check if that is equivalent to one you need to scan for) triggered on yesterdays daily candle. (EDIT - I see the team already has this covered. You guys and gals are the greatest !!) rah
- Bridget: $TRIP is breaking out today. 200MA is still overhead so I would wait to buy this on a pullback.
- issues: @Bridget $TRIP Brig how did you get so knowledgeable on stocks/charts etc. Aren't you a gymnast?
- Bridget: @issues $TRIP I studied math and physics in college. I've been an athlete my whole life. I like to train the body as well as the mind. I got into stocks and technical analysis about 5 years ago, right before I got out of the Air Force :) I've always been good at pattern recognition.
- tnt: $TRIP chart https://www.tradingview.com/x/hF9Ft6Yr/ $TRIP entry here at support. Last earnings were strong & traded in the $80s with $PCLN partnership in October. A think a steal here at $62. Wouldn't surprise me to see $GOOG or $PCLN step up and just by $TRIP at these depressed levels. Long
- bigbartabs: @DAN ... per your comment about $TRIP (I think it was) over the weekend... being almost unusable. Boy howdy. I've noticed that more and more websites that depend on user clicks, etc... are completely encapsulating users with pop ups, ads based on ...
- MrPotato: @bigbartabs $TRIP If you're tired of ads i would recommend, adblocker plus. it's completely free and blocks most ads but just be aware that if you really like a site or a blog, the owner of that site will not collect any revenue from you viewing the site.
- Trixie: @bigbartabs $TRIP the ads on sites are one thing.. However I find those that make bad text/background choices also frustrating.. For example the busy background with the grey text.. Was I really supposed to be able to read that?.. Or why did you bother putting this out for me to read?...
- DrScience: @bigbartabs $TRIP You know what they say about advice, and getting what you pay for... What really bothers me is when you opt-out of targeted ads, turn off preference tracking, etc., the sites just substitute ads for the same types of e-mail spam you just got through blocking!
- michaelH: @MrPotato $FB $GOOG $TRIP Big article in NY Times Sunday about how ad blockers are taking off. What doe this do to FB and GOOG?
- MrPotato: @michaelH $FB $GOOG $TRIP I would think it would hurt them but we'll see; Zuckerberg is a genius. I'll have a hard time ever betting against $FB (except for a small trade) as long as he's the CEO.
- bigbartabs: @TunaHelper $TRIP ... bing.com is not a problem... that's just where I typically click on a research link. It is the site (ie answers.com) that is the problem. And if they are trying to do the open file links after opening the site page, for performance reasons... they are severely failing. Some of those sites grind to a halt. And then once it comes back... paging down on the site kicks it off again. Very stupid design if they are trying to be non-offensive.
- Bridget: $EXPE $PCLN $TRIP all having a nice up day. The question is, buy or sell into this strength?
- grcjr: @Bridget $EXPE $PCLN $TRIP - same question on stocks that are down this morning. I believe we are not done wrestling with Europe, China, Oil, The Fed, etc. so my bias is generally down.
- Hackberry: @Bridget $EXPE $PCLN $TRIP As you said earlier on $tsla, a trailing stop is a great thing when one can't decide and want to stay out of trouble.
- geothrills: $TRIP Started building a meaningful position in this in December, primarily via June $80 calls, expecting a breakout after the long consolidation above all of its moving averages. Ditched most of the trade Monday, and the last of it on Tuesday. Volatility expansion to the downside with all key moving averages tightly bound. Could be a decent short opportunity on a throwback.
- Aragorn: $TRIP about a 6% VS about to breakout
- grcjr: @Aragorn $TRIP - looks very interesting. Would like to see some volume to ease my concern regarding the Fed, LA schools, San Bernardino, etc. Got alerts set. Might prefer to see this settle back then move again.
- GreenGhost: @Aragorn $TRIP Thx $EYES how R U feeling ?
- Aragorn: @grcjr $TRIP I have no position yet let us all know if you see it fire off. Another pair of eyes always good. DAn a good one for you to follow. Alerts - I put in my first stock coverage request to Dan yesterday on $ABC and I love that they send you an email with the clip covered. What a great feature DAN - Nicely done. GG Nice on $EYES
- Aragorn: @GreenGhost $TRIP $EYES Something is not right with me so making an appointment with Doc. I am worried about my Dog more than me he is all limping now I am carrying him up and down the stairs. 56 pounds of loveable Border collie. He is not fat just a very large dog. Thanks for asking here is a picture if interested
- grcjr: $TRIP testing again ... now above the upper BB. Took a half nibble.
|Stock Price||$USD 20.36|
TripAdvisor, Inc. is an online travel company, empowering users to plan and have the perfect trip.Request Video of TRIP
Already a member? Sign in here.
- A look at TripAdvisor Inc. -- A Five Star ChartBy Dan October 31st, 2013
- August 5th, 2020 - 2020 Q2 Earnings
- August 6th, 2020 - 2020 Q2 Earnings
- $USD 22.97 88.29%
- $USD 8.62 74.80%
- $USD 14.68 51.29%
- $USD 6.27 -21.45%
- $USD 15.35 -15.76%
- $USD 21.10 -12.21%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 30 day trial membership for just $7.77. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 72,600 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (72,600) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 30 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!