Groupon Inc. (NASDAQ:GRPN)
Old Forum Content for GRPNMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- Ava: $GRPN moving well so far
- Ava: $CELH $GRPN $TRUP all looking good today
- Ava: $GRPN good rel strength
- Ava: $GRPN just got my alert on potential BO
- Ava: $GRPN nice consolidation over 200ema
- Yuls: $GRPN strong today
- Yuls: $GRPN good rel strength today after good ER
- Henry: #Winners $GRPM $RSG $TRUE $RSG might be interesting in the am increasing their divy $GRPN up big in ah $TRUE $4.2 to $5.8 in ah
- vatradergreg: Starting a short position on $GRPN @22.20. Late to the party on this one. Stop at 28.32
- vatradergreg: Added a bunch of short $GRPN in the last 10. We'll see
- JoeT: $GRPN what the heck is going on with $GRPN?
- Henry: @JoeT $GRPN 1:20 reverse spllit
- JoeT: @Henry $GRPN ahh that makes sense. I see the news now. thanks
- cb: $GRPN would this be a good place to cover short position???
- cb: $GRPN imgonna say yes as it is reversing sharply to the UPSIDE
- shoredriver: $GRPN....20/1 reverse split...np....
- Ajax4Hire: @shoredriver $GRPN $GRPN - Groupon Reverse Split, that is never a good sign. Use your groupons while you still can. I have a BYOB paint class groupon, always a good date nite; A gun range groupon, going with friends on double date nite and Ocoee Whitewater rafting groupon but we camp/raft the Ocoee in August. Worried Groupon will not be stable by August. Groupon not paid to vendor till after event.
- brett_anderson: $GRPN might be something to watch here. it's been hitting resistance just around a buck, and has breached that barrier. looking for a close over $1 on strong volume. i don't typically like to trade dollar stocks, but i'm watching this one.
- JoeT: @brett_anderson $GRPN looks pretty similar to $CPG... not typically a $1 stock but tanked through Feb/Mar and starting to show more green bars again with a slight uptrend and some sideways consolidation. BB's are getting tight. Getting ready for a breakout? What do you think @scottrades?
- scottrades: $GRPN Gaping down 24% this morning. Watch for a snapback trade.
- DrScience: $GRPN gonna open down 26% after earnings miss. I guess passing out those discount coupons like they're candy works on the stock, too. Watch for bounce, but don't hold your breath.
- scottrades: $GRPN not bouncing yet.
- DrScience: @scottrades $GRPN I think that the original 2011 investors @ $15-30 have thrown in the towel. Stock isn't even HTB, so there aren't any shorts to squeeze.
- DrScience: $GRPN Intra-day trading volume is 1270% of the 14-day average. By any measure, there's a lot of stock changing hands. At $1.72, stock is 2 cents off the LOD. So, there's your bogie, but realize the stock could go lower.
- bogiedog1: $GRPN Looks like rebound may be getting started
- bogiedog1: @Scottrades $GRPN Update; So, started a position @ $1.76 once it cleared above the AVWAP. It is now up to $1.85 where the VWAP is currently. So using the AVWAP allowed me to get in 5% earlier. Now looking for a bounce above the VWAP. Thanks Scott!!!
- scottrades: @bogiedog1 $GRPN BOOM! Nice trading. Glad to see the Webinar is already paying the bills!
- DrScience: @bogiedog1 $GRPN He-He... Buy low, sell high. Maybe the company has started its share buyback program!
- bogiedog1: @scottrades $GRPN Out now. Interesting. the VWAP acted as the ceiling. The spread between the two made me 4.5% on this stock.
- gotoguy: @bogiedog1 $GRPN Where did you anchor the VWAP?
- bogiedog1: @gotoguy $GRPN The AVWAP on the TOS platform is not as flexible as the one Scott was using in the Webinar, I cannot identify the anchor point (or, I don't know how to adjust it, which is entirely possible). The TOS AVWAP sets two points, a high point, and a low point (for this stock is was $1.71 and $1.81). It was right when the lines from these two points merged @ $1.72 the stock popped. Could be totally random that it worked that way today. Will continue to play with it. (sorry for the long post...)
- shoredriver: $GRPN....misses...halted...np
- shoredriver: $GRPN...down 22%....np...
- Wolf: #EARNINGS AMC. VERIFY AS NEWS CAN CHANGE. Ticker Volume M % change Revenue earnings Guidance THOUGHTS $SHAK 0.9 -18 MISS BEAT POSITIVE $AAN 0.8 -5 MISS MISS OK $BKD 1 -5 MISS BIG MISS GOOD $CCXI 0.4 41 BEAT BEAT BIO NEWS Q4 $CPE 18 3 BEAT MISS $CHGG 1.7 10 BEAT BEAT GOOD $FPAY .12 LOW 20 BIG BEAT BIG BEAT UPDATING $FRPT 0.4 1 BEAT BEAT POSITIVE $THC 1.5 5 BEAT BEAT GOOD $UBER 10 -7 MISS IPO $GRPN 5 -10 MISS MISS REITERATE $MDR 18 -15 BIG MISS PIPELINE REMAINS Ok $MYGN 1.2 -30 MISS MISS BAD $MOS 4.8 -5 BAD BAD BAD DIP AND BOUNCE $TNDM 1.2 -10 BEAT BEAT OK BOUNCE $APPS 2 -5 BEAT BEAT STRONG DEMAND RUN UP? $EVER .25 LOW 20 BEAT BEAT GOOD LOW VOLUME $EVBG 0.54 10 BEAT BEAT OK $FRPT 0.4 MISS REAFFIRM BIG MOVER $HTZ 3.4 2 BEAT inline $SNCR 0.45 -15 MISS MISS BOUNCE, SHORT? $RNG 7 BIG BEAT BIG BEAT GOOD RUN UP? $REAL #IPO 1.5 3 BIG BEAT BEAT GOOD RUN UP? #DIOD .44 -10 SLIGHT MISS BEAT BOUNCE
- Tango: @Wolf $SHAK $AAN $BKD $CCXI $CPE $CHGG $FPAY $FRPT $THC $UBER $GRPN $MDR $MYGN $MOS $TNDM $APPS $EVER $EVBG $HTZ $SNCR $RNG $REAL #EARNINGS #IPO #DIOD Thanks!
- greenpatrol: @Wolf $SHAK $AAN $BKD $CCXI $CPE $CHGG $FPAY $FRPT $THC $UBER $GRPN $MDR $MYGN $MOS $TNDM $APPS $EVER $EVBG $HTZ $SNCR $RNG $REAL #EARNINGS #IPO $DIOD Thanks @Wolf!
- otnancy: $GRPN - Any thoughts on the GRPN potential sale? Worth a shot?
- grcjr: $GRPN up 9% in premarket
- gwenzee: @grcjr $GRPN They're looking for a buyer
- grcjr: @gwenzee $GRPN - moving up after the open. No clear signal at this point. Was looking for a 59 min opportunity.
- Zxy42: $GRPN Gave back half it's pop from this morning. Is it a hold or sell at $4.55?
- Zxy42: $GRPN Anyone trading Groupon on Today's news?
- Bridget: $GRPN is breaking this downtrend on the daily chart.
- spmeyers: $GRPN pullback to 50-day m.a.
2. $GRPN – reliable uptrend. Would hold this stock here, but I wouldn’t buy it now. Growth is not impressive, so this is a chart trade.
- efrain007: $GRPN new high
- efrain007: $GRPN strong
- efrain007: $GRPN hammer
- Bridget: Earnings after close: $EA $X $DDD Earnings tomorrow before open: $GRPN
- Bridget: #Notes: Earnings moves today: AAOI GPRO ATVI YELP WTW TRVG ANET PI ETSY Banks saw a bump this morning but then stalled. I like $KRE, $MS $BAC, and $JPM $PNC. Also, $ZION Internet stocks working: $W $ZAGG $YELP $GRUB $GRPN $XRT - retail recovering some $TGT $FIVE $PVH $DKS $FL $FOSL $TJX $HD $TECK - bought this today, nice uptrend $KBR - breakout, inside day, now moving higher. Target of $18 Currencies $UUP up and $FXE down $ESNT breaking out $AL - weekly breakout on earnings $HCC #ipo new all time high after earnings $GME - coming out of squeeze with earnings coming up $SAGE - break out $CRI - breakout short set-up $FNSR - this short is working $EW $ILG
- bigbartabs: @DAN $YELP ... I sort of look at Yelp as another Groupon $GRPN. Hard to see long term how they will be different, and box out competition.
- efrain007: $GRPN nice bounce off 10dma. If it holds I may look to add to my position next week.
- efrain007: $GRPN strong
- champ: @efrain007 $GRPN --- Yes, it is and it has been working....I added a little more this morning...
- efrain007: @champ $GRPN I bought some the day of the gap. Was hoping it would consolidate a few bars so I could add on another breakout but too extended for me to add.
- champ: @efrain007 $GRPN ---- Good work and I hear you....but the great news flow is taking this stock higher...not the chart but if you look at the chart you will see that this stock has plenty of room...now it's moving because of great results and moves that the CEO has made....the hope trade is over....now this trade is the real deal going forward....but I will be taking another look at the $5.50 level.
- efrain007: @champ $GRPN You're probably right, but I can't bring myself to add to a profitable position and risk profit shrinkage on an already good trade. I may add depending on how the next week or two go but can't do it now. I figure a good place to take profits around the 5.20 area as that's where it would fill the gap from October. I also have size on this so will also take some off on a trailing stop of previous day low.
- issues: @efrain007 $GRPN I like your advice. I have seen too many good profits shrink because I bought more at a higher price. That's an excellent reason for buying below your cost after you see it move up. Good points! Gold star for you today!!!
- efrain007: @issues $GRPN Thanks. Just have to make sure I take my own advice on a more consistent basis ;) I still like flips and take risks more often than I should, but $GRPN is not one of them.
- Bridget: Notes: IPOs at or new all time highs - $IRTC, $BL, $TTD, $ASIX, $TRVG, $BATS, $TWNK, $INVH, $TUSK, $SUPV Many stocks coming out of high bases - $CC $GRPN $AMGN $OCLR $XLP - some safety stocks way up $CLX $KMB $CL $PG Storage up - $CUBE $PSA $EXR Garbage collection up - $WM $WCN $RSG Solar Strong and coming off a base- $TAN $JASO $JKS $CSIQ Sin stocks: PM MO - moving higher Also with $BUD $STZ and $TAP $BWA - nice cup pattern, at 52 week high $XLNX - also working on cup and handle pattern $CHRW - nice cup and handle on weekly Breakouts $DVA , $SWKS, Squeezing: $KR, $TWX, $JNK, $COR, $ALXN
- efrain007: $GRPN testing yesterdays high off of earnings.
$GRPN - breakout before earnings
$AGX - failed at the 50MA
$SQ - failing at the 50MA
- bsafriet: @Bridget $TUSK $SND $BGNE $LITE $TTD $ATH $RACE $LW $DVMT $ARNC $PTHN $OCLR $BEAT $GT $FCAU $AET $MRK $GPK $TMUS $SINA $CBI $SLCA $HCLP $XRT $KATE $TJX $GRPN $FLIR $AGX $SQ Txs for the synopsis Bridget. Appreciate your hard work and communication skills. Makes it easier for all of us. Hope we can return the favor one day! Bruce
- TunaHelper: $POT coming out of the squeeze and doing a prairie dog-peek over the 200dma on earnings. $VMW looks interesting as well. Coming out of a 31 day squeeze to the upside on earnings. Also watching $GRPN and $TSLA.
- TunaHelper: @Aragorn Here's the list, with $ done by using the above method: $ABC $AEGR $AFL $AGIO $AMAT $AMIC $AMP $ANGI $ATVI $BAC $BK $BRCD $BRKB $CA $CAT $CGEN $COG $COH $CRTO $CUBE $DATA $EBAY $EMR $EXC $FBIO $FEYE $FFIV $GNC $GRPN $HHC $IFF $JACK $JPM $KORS $LKQ $LOCO $MET $MGM $MHK $MS $NNN $NXPI $OHI $PAY $PLAY $PRU $PVH $RAS $RCL $RH $SPLK $SWKS $TMUS $TRN $TSLA $TTOO $UA $VA $VTR $WB $WTW $WYN $WYNN $XLB $XLF $XRT $YY Hope that is helpful. Thanks for all that you do to help folks here! I for one appreciate it greatly! :) Tuna
- issues: @Aragorn $ABC $AEGR $AFL $AGIO $AMAT $AMIC $AMP $ANGI $ATVI $BAC $BK $BRCD $BRKB $CA $CAT $CGEN $COG $COH $CRTO $CUBE $DATA $EBAY $EMR $EXC $FBIO $FEYE $FFIV $GNC $GRPN $HHC IFF JACK $JPM $KORS $LKQ $LOCO $MET$ MGM $MHK $MS $NNN $NXPI $OHI $PAY $PLAY $PRU PVH $RAS $RCL $RH $SPLK $SWKS $TMUS $TRN $TSLA $TTOO $UA VA $$VA $$VW $$WTW WYN$ WYNN XLB XLF XRT YY
- Bridget: $YELP also breaking out. Will this follow $GRPN and $GRUB?
$YELP - breaking out today, will it follow the movement of $GRPN and $GRUB
$TAP - big reversal, sin stocks back up today
$PTHN - ipo new high
- Bridget: $GRPN making another run for $5, ER on 4/28
- Bridget: $GRPN moving higher. Cheap stock with good volume coming out of a flag pattern. ER on 4/28. This stock is finally working and I think it will continue to rise into earnings. Or wait to see if it can break through resistance at $5.
- Bridget: $GRPN have an alert set at $4.5 for the next breakout. 50MA has not crossed above the 200MA and this squeeze looks ready to pop soon.
- Bridget: $GRPN up on big volume today. Was there news?
- Forexpro: @Bridget $GRPN Hi, Bridget, Yeah, the venture capital arm of $CMCSA (Atarios) is kindly providing $250 mio, and apparently $GRPN mentioned the possibility of a partnership with Comcast, although I haven't seen anything suggesting what the parameters might be. All the best!
Forexpro: Re: Markets, $GRPN
Since we're well into Lent, I did an Examination of Conscience after reading your post. I think that I'm basically in compliance via acquisition of partial positions rather than deep dives into the unknown. If stocks ...
- Hackberry: @Forexpro $GRPN I read an article out this morning that IBM is suing them for patent infringement. May or may not affect stock today.
- Ilovegolf: @prockow $GRPN $SYN HI, i see you are following $SYN love to discuss, been in and out , had a good word a few months ago. big news coming, may be case of right stock wrong timing back then, but its moving big time of a low of a dollar.
- prockow: $GRPN $SYN- having a good day , still upside ahead
- prockow: $GRPN- I dont think it is too late , jumped in today . Anybody still holding TRXC ?
- lostsheep: $GRPN- Looking for another higher low and possible resolution of this 2 day consolidation. Set to open above yesterday's high and take a run at Wednesday's high of 4.24.
- lostsheep: $GRPN- ready to break to new highs. $BABA takeover news nothing new.
- janner0814: From @ginny: Early premarket gappers: Gapping up: $CALI 38.8%, $WIN 12%, $SSRI 11.1%, $VALE 3.5%, $GRPN 3.2%, $SDRL 2.6%, $RIO 2.4%, $CBK 2.4%, $SFUN 2%, $MNST 1.7%, $VOD 1.3%, $GSK 1.1%, $NGG 1%, $BP 0.9%, $CSCO 0.9%, $SYT 0.8% Gapping down: $LACO -49.5%, $FXCM -12.6%, $NBG -9.5%, $FTR -7.7%, $GFI -4.9%, $CHK -4.6%, $TNK -4.3%, $CRM -3%, $MGIC -1.9%, $STO -1.8%, $UN -1.6%, $SAN -1.4%, $QGEN -1.4%, $ERIC -1.1%, $TOT -1.1%, $BBRY -1.1% Notable earnings after Monday's close $AMBC, $APEI, $ARCW, $ARNA, $ASEI, $ATHX, $BDE, $CALL, $CHMI, $CLNE, $CYTX, $DEPO, $DRYS, $DTSI, $EAC, $ELON, $FF, $FMC, $FMI, $FTEK, $FXEN, $GBDC, $GTY, $HALO, $HI, $IPAR, $IPXL, $JUNO, $LPSN, $MBI, $MCC, $MDR, $MNTX, $MODN, $MR, $MTZ, $MVNR, $OME, $OMER, $ONTY, $OPK, $ORIG, $PAAS, $PEIX, $PINC, $PVA, $RAX, $REN, $SCLN, $SF, $SFXE, $TCRD, $TEP, $TRQ, $TTEC, $UNXL, $VRTU, $XON, $YY, $ZGNX thanks ginny!
- Forexpro: $GRPN Hi, Friends, I'm not in this, but $GRPN is selling its stake in TicketMonster to $KKR and Anchor Equity for $360 mio, and using $300 mio of the proceeds to buy back shares. The stock price appears to be responding nicely. All the best!
- lostsheep: $GRPN- behaved well amidst yesterdays selloff bouncing off the 50 and closing slightly higher than the open. exec at deutsche media conference said they see sales up 20% by 2017 and spending per user up 15%. again i question the business model but took a little on a risk/reward basis using the 7.39 low on earnings release as a reference for stops.
- zguy1: $GRPN - Anyone trading this or have a position in it?
- Bridget: @zguy1 $GRPN I got in at $8 after earnings looking to ride this up to $9. Stop set at 50MA. Will probably rise slowly until the 50MA catches up to it.
- lostsheep: @zguy14-$GRPN- bought pre market on day of earnings based on north american data and technical setup. took profits and would like to get back in on a weak day, if their ever is one in this market, around 7.81 area or a beak above 8.5. looks like 8 is descent support as we stand today. all the best!
- zguy1: @Bridget - $GRPN - I am bullish on this as well. I took a position slightly below your entry. Time will tell.
- lostsheep: $GRPN- quietly pushing on highs from earnings move. a move above 8.43 level could take this back to 10. probably one more pullback prior to that push but looking constructive.
$GRPN (Weekly) Feb 13 2015 9.5 Calls (Covered)
$HAL (Weekly) Feb 13 2015 45 Calls (Covered)
$NUGT (Weekly) Feb 13 2015 21 Calls (Covered)
$PCLN (Weekly) Feb 13 2015 1140 Calls
$PXD (Weekly) Feb 13 2015 180 Calls
$RIG (Weekly) Feb 13 2015 21.5 Calls ...
- lostsheep: $GRPN- grabbed some pm for a trade at 7.35. thought the data was quite positive especially north america. we'll see how it plays out.
- lostsheep: $GRPN- about to engulf yesterdays selloff. resistance here but a nice move
- futr: Hi: I am a lurker, however , does anybody have an opinion on $grpn?. looks like breaking through resistance although on low volume
- Forexpro: @futr, $GRPN Hi, Futr, Yes, it's trying, although it doesn't seem to be quite there, as yet. It is showing up as quite overbought on the stochastics, although strong stocks can and do remain in that status for extended periods. I don't know that I'd be looking to buy on the break, but a pullback to 7.80 or so would be interesting. Here's hoping that you're doing well; all the best.
- zguy1: $GRPN - Big move today. The weekly chart looks promising assuming the market doesn't go off the rails. I will be looking to buy this back on any weakness.
- bullmoose: Grabbed some $GRPN earlier this morning. Bouncing off the 50-day.
$GRPN (Weekly) Nov 07 2014 8.5 Calls (Covered)
$NUGT (Weekly) Nov 07 2014 9.5 Puts
$NUGT (Weekly) Nov 07 2014 15 Calls (Covered)
$SVXY (Weekly) Nov 07 2014 58 Puts
$SVXY (Weekly) Nov 07 2014 59 Puts
$SVXY (Weekly) Nov 07 2014 59.5 Puts
$SVXY (Weekly ...
- DrChucky: $GRPN - hey even $GRPN is moving up. on its earning win, up 4.7% overnight.
$GRPN (Weekly) Oct 31 2014 7.5 Calls (Covered)
$NUGT (Weekly) Oct 31 2014 27.5 Calls (Covered)
$RIG (Weekly) Oct 31 2014 32.5 Calls (Covered)
$SVXY (Weekly) Oct 31 2014 52 Puts
$SVXY (Weekly) Oct 31 2014 56 Puts
$SVXY (Weekly) Oct 31 2014 57 Put ...
- Iceman: Notable earnings after Thursday’s close • ADNC, ADUS, AEGR, AFFX, AHS, AHT, AIV, ALJ, ATEN, ATRC, AXTI, BCOV, BEAT, BYD, BYI, CCI, CHE, CODE, COLM, CPSI, CPT, CSLT, CTRL, CUBE, DCT, DGI, DGII, EGN, EGO, EHTH, ELGX, ELLI, ELX, EMN, EPAY, ESIO, ESS, $EXPE, FLDM, $FLR, FLT, FRT, GB, GDOT, GMED, GNMK, $GPRO, $GRPN, HIL, HME, IMMR, IMPV, INT, ISBC, KEG, LNKD, LRE, LYV, MCHP, MELI, MHK, MOH, $MTZ, MXL, MYL, NATI, $NEM, NR, NSR, NUVA, OIS, OMCL, ONNN, OPLK, OUTR, PKI, PSA, PXLW, QNST, RAIL, RSG, SAM, $SBUX, SEM, SGEN, SGMS, SIMG, SPF, SREV, STAA, STAG, SYNC, TCO, TEP, THRX, TNAV, TPX, TRMB, TSO, TSRA, TSYS, TUES, VCRA, WU, YRCW, ZEN
|Stock Price||$USD 33.45|
Groupon Inc provides a local e-commerce marketplace that connects merchants to consumers by offering goods and services at a discount. The company features a daily deal on the best stuff to do, see, eat, and buy.Request Video of GRPN
Already a member? Sign in here.
- February 16th, 2021 - 2020 Q4 Earnings
- $USD 123.88 40.22%
- $USD 26.02 32.29%
- $USD 251.91 26.57%
- $USD 122.18 -16.88%
- $USD 32.92 -15.37%
- $USD 47.12 -14.18%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 30 day trial membership for just $7.77. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 77,100 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (77,100) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 30 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!