Ultra Clean Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ:UCTT)
Old Forum Content for UCTTMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- issues: Off IBD 50: $ADBE $AMAT $AMD $BMY $CBRE $CDW $DHI $EPRT $FNV $FISV $FTNT $GOOGL $GPN $HQY $ICHR $JBL $LULU $MA $MSFT $SRC $PLNT $STNE $TROW $TRU $UCTT $VEEV $WEX
- issues: @Herb The following stocks were taken off the IBD 50 and replaced with the ones below: $ADBE $AMAT $AMD $BMY $CBRE $CDW $DHI $EPRT $FNV $FISV $FTNT $GOOGL $GPN $HQY $ICHR $JBL $LULU $MA $MSFT $SRC $PLNT $STNE $TROW $TRU $UCTT $VEEV $WEX
- Herb: @issues $ADBE $AMAT $AMD $BMY $CBRE $CDW $DHI $EPRT $FNV $FISV $FTNT $GOOGL $GPN $HQY $ICHR $JBL $LULU $MA $MSFT $SRC $PLNT $STNE $TROW $TRU $UCTT $VEEV $WEX Thanks.
- woodman: $UCTT - watch it here on this pullback to the 50 day after having broken out and a big pop on its report. It beat across the board on 2/19, but is back to the 50d. Ultra Clean (UCTT) reported 4th Quarter December 2019 earnings of $0.33 per share on revenue of $286.4 million. The consensus earnings estimate was $0.25 per share on revenue of $270.2 million. The Earnings Whisper number was $0.28 per share. Revenue grew 11.3% on a year-over-year basis. The company said it expects first quarter earnings of $0.40 to $0.52 per share on revenue of $290.0 million to $320.0 million. The current consensus earnings estimate is $0.37 per share on revenue of $279.1 million for the quarter ending March 31, 2020.
- woodman: $UCTT - I've taking a shot here.
- scottrades: $UCTT Coming out of a Squeeze. Watch above 26.10
- woodman: $UCTT - on watch for phase 3 move higher.
- scottrades: $UCTT Trying to move out of a #Squeeze. Watch above 25.80
- issues: I just had to sell $ACMR. Nothing can go up forever. Nice profit. I bought $UCTT and $ASYS. Holding $ENTG and $TER over earnings tonight. ALso holding $ADAP $APLT $AVDL $APTO. Biotech has fallen to IBD industry group 2. Anybody know what's group 1?
- bknpdx: @issues $ACMR $UCTT $ASYS $ENTG $TER $ADAP $APLT $AVDL $APTO Hi @issues - Biotech is still ranked #1 of the IBD industry Groups. #2 is Auto Mfg.; #3 is Wholesale Electronics.
- woodman: $UCTT - pennant following initial move out of 2.5 month consolidation into rising 50 day. Looks like it wants to go higher.
- woodman: $UCTT move out of consolidation.
- woodman: $UCTT looks poised for move up and out of consolidation since beginning of Nov.
- scottrades: My Notes for today: $SPY Low Volume, sideways day. Trend is in tact. $QQQ Going sideways, not a bad thing. $GDX Nice move today, support at the 50 Day $BA Still below the major moving averages. $TSLA Continues to light up... the shorts. $GLOB Day 3. Watch for a test for an entry. $LK Bluesky! $INMD Holding at the 50 Day $TXG Still in an hourly Uptrend. $AMD Riding the Top BB $TSM Holding at the 8EMA...better entry here. $UCTT Watch above 24 on volume. $STX Watch above 61 $TREX Holding at the 50 Day $TSN Good China News helping to push it higher. $APPS Good close. Watch this one for continuation. $SITM *LOW FLOAT* Alert at 22 On Volume.
- woodman: $UCTT - weekly flag.
- scottrades: My #Swing Notes: $SSO Reaching the top of the channel. Be diligent now. $QLD Top of the channel as well. Don’t be afraid to raise cash if you’re up a lot in some stocks. $UBER New position for me today. Great volume. Stop below the 50 day. $LSCC Still working. Phase 3? $UCTT Tight Price action. Watch above 23.70 $CWEN Trying to pop out of a #Squeeze on a pickup in volume. $SMG Solid close today and good volume. $PFSI 7% Yield and tight BBands. $LW Coming out of a #Squeeze $TRMB NIce Triangle. Watch for a backtest. $YETI Still working. Let it work. $CPB Not super right, but trending higher. $VZ Breaking out of a long base.
- champ: @scottrades $SSO $QLD $UBER $LSCC $UCTT $CWEN $SMG $PFSI $LW $TRMB $YETI $CPB $VZ #Swing #Squeeze #Squeeze --- Yes, always be diligent, but I'm hoping to add on Day-Trades next week, to my core $SSO position and other ETF's, now that Quadruple-Witching-risk, is now out of the way. .....My guess is, this Huge expiration day, that-risk exposer today, was holding investors back today...big-time....but traders will see what happens next week....however this move today was positive, IMO.
- scottrades: Tight BBands on $UCTT. Alert at 23.41
- scottrades: Tight Bollinger Bands on $UCTT and 8 Days of Short Interest. Watch above 22.75
- scottrades: My #Swing Notes today: $SSO Inside Day. Consolidating short term. $QLD Sideways in an hourly range, but look at the red. $GDX Still Grinding Around $KL Nice move today, good volume. Still want to see it tighten up. $UCTT Congrats if you’re still holding this. Watch the declining volume. $C Sold into this today. $BAC Hit a 52 Week High, holding up well. $LCI Earnings Tomorrow, it’s either going to work or not. $CORT Earnings coming up, Watch above 15 $APPS Nice bounce today, but hoped for a stronger close. $SNBR Building a base, still on watch. $AUDC Smaller base, no trigger yet. $FLY Creeping closer, watch above 21.50 $CRM Posted about this earlier in the day. Support at 154. $ACB Earnings Next week 10 Days of Short Interest. $VFF Nice volume today, looking for it to continue tomorrow.
- scottrades: Moved my stop up on my $UCTT momo trade.
- scottrades: Taking some $UCTT off the table here. It may keep going but I want to lock in some gains going into the weekend.
- champ: @scottrades $UCTT,.... #real-nice trade Scott, and it is still working, but off a little off of HOD, trailing.
- scottrades: @champ $UCTT #real-nice Yeah! It's holding up better than I thought.
$UCTT Closed out my Momo Swing on this today. Nice Trade, next please!
$C Banks are looking good. I bought some of this today.
$JPM Trend is in tact.
$FHN A Little loose right now, but watch above 16.50 if $XLF keeps going.
$SYF An IBD 50 Stock, ...
- scottrades: Watch for $UCTT to close strong today. This isn't my typical #Swing trade, but I took a small position with a tight stop just a few mins ago. 10 Days Of Short Interest.
- bknpdx: @scottrades $UCTT #Swing Hi Scott, I'll take this ride with you! With 1.8M shares traded today (avg. daily = 500k) - and 10 days of Short Interest, how do you use this Short Interest? Can I roughly assume that 4 days of short covering flushed through today with another 6 to clear out the shorts - bottom line, the short covering alone will provide healthy demand?
- scottrades: @bknpdx $UCTT #Swing Yes, my thesis is that if we get a strong close today and a pop up tomorrow, I'll look to sell into that if we start to fall. I'm looking for not only the shorts to cover but also momentum traders (you and me) to help propel us higher. Like I said this isn't my typical trade but I saw the huge volume spikes and think this might go.
- bknpdx: @scottrades $UCTT #Swing Thanks Scott! I like your plan.
$UCTT Swinging some momo into tomorrow.
- woodman: $UCTT - not everyone's kind of trade but in terms of tradable patterns, this is bouncing/repelling between the 50 day floor and 200 day ceiling. It's back to the 50 day floor now and bouncing. 200 day is about 16% higher.
- woodman: #Semiconductors - still working. I had been holding $SOXL (which I sold this morning) and continue to hold individual tickers: $MU $VECO $STM $UCTT $LASR. Most of them continue to run.
- bRobert: @woodman $SOXL $MU $VECO $STM $UCTT $LASR #Semiconductors Those chips can be a bit greasy. Make sure you wash your hands No double dipping.
- woodman: #Semiconductor equipment and materials still going: $LRCX $AMAT $UCTT $VECO $ACLS $NANO, for example.
- woodman: $LRCX $AMAT $UCTT $VECO $ACLS $NANO #Semiconductor - some report soon, so keep that in mind.
- coldevinc: @woodman $LRCX $AMAT $UCTT $VECO $ACLS $NANO #Semiconductor $VECO 2-11 and UCTT 2 - 20
- woodman: $UCTT continues to climb. Been adding in small amounts.
- woodman: #Semiconductor equipment/material stocks too: $LRCX $AMAT $UCTT $NANO $VECO $ACLS
- woodman: #Semiconductor equipment and material - $UCTT $NANO $VECO $IPGP. I may have mentioned $ACLS last week, but it's too far gone now if I did.
- woodman: $UCTT running.
- bRobert: @woodman $UCTT to 13. Hope it's not carrying scissors
- etmagic: upgrade on $UCTT any thoughts?
- spmeyers: @etmagic $UCTT sloppy chart; wouldn't buy it here; maybe on pullback but there are better charts
- etmagic: $UCTT joining S&P small cap 600 up 2.5%
- Geewhiz: @etmagic $UCTT @DAN had brought this to our attention on 12/4. I bought then and have now placed a tight stop on this 10% gainer in less than a month. Thank you @DAN
- DrScience: $UCTT, the red-headed stepchild of $LRCX got an upgrade to "Buy" at Stifel this morning. Sitting on the 200 DMA, the stock has room up to the 50 DMA, which coincidentally is near Stifel's target of $27.
- DrScience: $UCTT nice month-long, rounded bottom after investors dumped the stock on earnings. Testing the resolve of those who shorted the stock.
- bRobert: @DrScience $UCTT Been patient bottom fisher waiting for catchup
- bRobert: $UCTT starter. Bargain bin
- issues: Bought or added to the following $BIDU $ECHO $CC $AEIS $YY $UCTT. Thinking of doing what Dan suggested and selling some $PAYC...since it reports tonight.
- woodman: @issues $BIDU $ECHO $CC $AEIS $YY $UCTT $PAYC - interesting list. Thanks. Fyi, $CC reports 11/2 amc (I will hold mine through).
- issues: @bRobert $UCTT bought a starter in the bargain basement! Thanks Rob!
- issues: @Ottawagreg $UCTT UCTT already reported on10/25! You're in the clear!
- issues: $UCTT already reported on10/25! You're in the clear!
- champ: @issues $UCTT --- I don't have a position on $UCTT, at this time but I'm watching it because I still have more research to do on that stock but I like it.....Thanks!
- bRobert: @issues $UCTT Place a stop. OK to be wrong. Low risk, high reward potential.
- Ottawagreg: $UCTT ER is this afternoon after the bell. Given the $AMD situation just yesterday, and repeated mentoring by DAN not to hold into earnings I realize that it is safest to sell before EOD. I am holding 100 shares at pretty much break even. It was at a high $34.59 last Thursday and trading now at $32.66. Would it be crazy to hold 50 shares into ER? I realize it is a gamble, but curious about the thoughts of others on the risk/reward of this idea. THANKS!
- bsafriet: @Ottawagreg $UCTT $AMD In General, I think this is a good strategy if you have gains to protect (@bridget uses this strategy and passed it on to me) Given current market conditions (see my post below), I think a better choice is to sell all 100 shar ...
- Ottawagreg: @bsafriet $UCTT Thanks for the input. I went ahead dumped the whole load. I knew that is what I should do, but I am behind in my goals and I wanted to hit a double of the wall in right center. A home run would be holding all into ER but that is to ...
- woodman: @Ottawagreg $UCTT $AAOI - Congrats on your sell of $UCTT - down 9.5% in the after.
- bRobert: $SMH . $LRCX . $UCTT SMH UCTT LRCX nh . LRCX . UCTT . Core HOLDING stocks . in this industry.
- Vehid: $UCTT still moving up, blue sky
- gmj: @Vehid $UCTT one of my biggest positions, took profits half off at 31.34.
- Vehid: @gmj $UCTT Though the volume is dropping but still higher than average. So, I will keep it around for now. Hopefully not going to regret tomorrow!
- gmj: $UCTT added to my pos on this recent b/o; looking for an earnings run to 10/23, what's not to like, strong fundamentals, phase three, sector working, etc. love the weekly chart.
- Ottawagreg: $UCTT looks like a possible breakout. I traded this once before but closed out with no profit. Does anyone like this stock or have any thoughts?
- Vehid: @Ottawagreg $UCTT I have a small position that I am very happy with it today!
- bRobert: $UCTT $LRCX $AMAT $KLAC The production tool side of semiconductors works . Positive retests of breakout VECO my dark horse trade, Will add when proven Renaissance Technology holder.
- woodman: @bRobert $UCTT $LRCX $AMAT $KLAC - $ICHR making a nice come back too.
- Vehid: $UCTT continues flying in the blue sky. A few days ago that I was opening a position, tried to "guestimate" how it will continue. Looks like it was better than my imagination so far. So Mensa days are back @Dan!
- Vehid: $UCTT beakout on high volume
- Vehid: @Vehid $UCTT #ATH
- bRobert: $SMH $UCTT $LRCX Perky . top of range, flirting with breakout UCTT LRCX AMAT STM
- bRobert: $UCTT $AMAT nice moves to top of range. Stops raised on partial position. These will follow SMH. nh but ADX still under 20. (NO strong trend).
- bRobert: $UCTT $LRCX Uctt Squeezing down. LRCX nh
- mopick: $UCTT, bought yesterday, looking good here for a bounce above $21. Company had sterling earnings, 75% revenue growth, guided up. Beaten up after the release.
- mharps: $UCTT-maybe extended but at an all time high-anyone in it ?
- spmeyers: $UCTT rocked higher post-earnings, without me alas; kicking myself for not just selling half of my position
- spmeyers: $UCTT confirming breakout today
- spmeyers: $UCTT looks pretty good here
- efrain007: $UCTT another possible gap run/gap crap on earnings. It's in a squeeze too.
- numbers: TWNK - all time high, small position , in $EXTN ,$MB, $UCTT, $SQ
- tina: Good Morning! Notable Earnings After the Bell on Monday $BRO, $BXS, $CCK, $CDNS, $CMG, $CNI, $CROX, $CYS, $ELS, $GLF, $HLX, $HSTM, $HXL, $NFLX, $PKG, $POL, $RCII, $RMBS, $SANM, $STLD, $TXN, $UCTT, $WCN, $WWD, $ZION
- cmac: $UCTT back in January I flagged this semi stock coming out of a potential vol #squeeze. It continues to work, and has held up the best of any stock I own during this little selloff.
- cmac: $UCTT yesterday it broke out on huge volume. I can't say it was a volatility #squeeze, but it definitely broke above 10.50 resistance. I've taken a small nibble and will add if it comes down some more.
New 52 week lows include: $ACW, $ADM, $ADVS, $AEIS, $AF, $AFAM, $AFL, $AGII, $AGO, $AIG, $AKAM, $AKS, $ALL, $ALNY, $ALR, $AMCC, $AMED, $AMKR, $AMSC, $ANAD, $ANR, $ANW, $AOL, $ARAY, $ARC, $ARI, $ARRY, $ART, $ASEI, $ASIA, $ATHX, ATPG, $AUO, $AUXL, $AV ...
Russ: $CMI, $MED, $VALE, $TCK, $TX, $NUE, $TIE, $SWC, $ANN, $RBCN, APKT, $VCI, $FORR, $DSW, $UCTT, $SNDK, $ESL, $PII, DBRN, YSI, $CAT, $EMR, $OZM, $PNC
This is my watch list for tomorrow morning and the week. No recommendations, but they have some or m ...
- Russ: Shopping list These stocks are very near or above their 50dma and may be candidates for lower entries in the days to come. $CMI, $UPS, $NUE, $MED, $SHOO, $AAWW, $ANN, $TKR, $RBCN, APKT, $VCI, $FORR, $TEL, $DSW, $UCTT, $SNDK, $FWRD, $ESL, PII. Several of these have given strong guidance for the next quarter. I'd be interested in more suggestions, esp for uptrending stocks around the 50dma that have already reported earnings in this round and that have acceptable fundamentals. Good weekend to all. Russ
- dwmnr: 52 week highs - Wed Feb 17 2010 11:46:12 AM - 12:01:06 PM EST Stocks hitting a new 52-week high for NASDAQ, NYSE, and AMEX Today's New 52 Week High Stocks Symbol New High Prev 52wk High Last Volume Today's Change PEG-B 103.50 76.25 $103.50 410 30.07 (40.95%) HSWID 2.78 0.68 $2.77 3,902 0.4699 (20.43%) HEK^ 12.26 10.40 $12.20 2,300 1.95 (19.02%) $PERY 19.69 19.30 $19.34 228,483 2.94 (17.93%) $UCTT 8.19 7.81 $8.02 438,785 0.9699 (13.76%) $LIOX 3.52 3.26 $3.52 246,817 0.38 (12.10%) CAGC 21.84 19.88 $21.34 1,629,152 1.94 (9.98%) HOVNP 6.21 6.15 $5.90 10,400 0.52 (9.67%) $HUSA 11.02 8.52 $10.87 287,034 0.86 (8.59%) $PFBI 8.24 7.75 $8.19 8,921 0.5755 (7.56%)
It was also quite surprising how many of the best performing stocks were mentioned at some time or another right here in this Forum or that @Dan mentioned early in their advance in his videos. Stocks like FEED, $SPAR, $GROW, $BOLT, TRU, $NVDA, $DWS ...
- BBortner: tradamom, still in Rimm since 50. Although I think it has gotten ahead of itself as its becoming pretty expensive. Two tech names that I have been in for awhile look like they might finally be getting ready to make some moves if they can break through resistance. They are pretty heavily hated/shorted but I believe offer attractive valuations based on my DCFs. DivX and $UCTT
- HorseTrading: tradamom: I had an average in on $AAPL at $130, sold 1/2 at the open the other day at $146 before it took its 5% plunge. I immediately placed a GTC buy for that half at $134, got hit today. We'll see if it holds the 50. RIMM, I'm in as well, but not quite as successful as AAPL. Ben makes a good point about $UCTT and DIVX. DIVX will be a strong buy on a move through $14.50 and $UCTT on a breakout of the triangle it's currently trapped in.
- BBortner: wow, $UCTT and $HAL have me up nicely today. Surprising, I'm now 1% from my account high from before this correction and have remained fully invested this whole time. Own strong stocks at attractive valuations with decent charts and don't focus on the day to day noise has been working well for me.
- BBortner: $UCTT made a nice little move today. Nice to be up quite a bit on a day like today. :) I've got a decent amount of cash I'm looking to put back to work again soon. I like the looks of DivX a lot. Glad to see a sell off like today so I can put some of my money back to work in some of my favorite names.
My $UCTT finally popped today and I think it has bottomed but we'll see. $UCTT does not make semi's, it supplies and manufactures the equipment to make semiconductors. So the strong quarter for semis should really have boosted UCTT's quarter and the ...
- BBortner: $UCTT trying to double bottom here at support IMO. VSEA moving off of support today on the weekly.
Re: $AMD specifically, I have a small position I opened off the uptrend base, around $13.50. It's been holding $14, so I've thought about adding, but have yet to do so. I am totally overloaded tech right now, with positions in $AMD, $UCTT, RACK, a ...
- BBortner: Sold about 40% of my RIMM today at $215. I was up about 40% on the trade and it appears overvalued even when using some pretty aggressive growth rates. It also looks pretty extended on the charts. I will wait for some sort of consolidation or pull back toward the 20sma to even think about adding it back. Watching @silver, 12.60 looks like resistance on the charts and is acting as such. $SLW is still my fav (and Ocean's) there. It is acting strongly but the volume is poor.. I am still expecting a pullback. Besides that, only thing that looks real interesting to me is the semis. I still like $UCTT, we'll see if it can take out the 50sma tomorrow. It appears strong and is setting up a pretty good volatility #squeeze. Still letting my 50% position in $TNH ride.
- BBortner: I bought some $UCTT today close to the low. I like the semis. I agree with Bill, look for some window dressing next week by funds.
|Stock Price||$USD 23.20|
Ultra Clean Holdings, Inc., develops and supplies critical subsystems for the semiconductor capital equipment industry.Request Video of UCTT
Already a member? Sign in here.
- July 29th, 2020 - 2020 Q2 Earnings
- $USD 56.49 490.16%
- $USD 85.15 43.07%
- $USD 6.79 23.09%
- $USD 60.65 -17.27%
- $USD 45.21 -15.73%
- $USD 14.87 -15.71%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 30 day trial membership for just $7.77. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 71,800 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (71,800) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 30 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!