Walmart Inc. (NYSE:WMT)
Old Forum Content for WMTMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- scottrades: Volume coming into $WMT. They say their stores have seen large increases in sales and traffic, etc.
- just4mo: @scottrades $WMT moves are so fast and steep... by the time you look you are like.. well that would have been great but where is my entry now ??
- scottrades: @just4mo $WMT You could take a small piece here with a stop at 116.70
- scottrades: Hey all you cool cats and kittens...here's my video notes: $SPXL 3X Fun on the way up. $SPXS 3X Fun on the way down. $USO Looking for $7 next week. $KR Nice Weekly chart. $LK Buyer Beware. $NVAX Grinding up the 8EMA $WMT Working. $CATS 2 Strong Weeks in a row. Meow. $AUDC Watch for this to keep working but keep it tight.
- traderbren: $WMT - back above the 50 & 200 dma.
- Bridget: $KR getting some love along with $COST and $WMT
- JBed: $WMT holding up well.
debeers: $WMT-Now taking the temp of their associoates in the hot spot areaas to protect them and installing plexiglas shields on the registers.Hours reduced and, given the uproar yesterday about $AMZN, decided that
they donm't want to be part of their ee di ...
- wijimmy: @Forexpro $HD $LOW .. Add.. $COST, $BJ, $WMT, $TGT, $KR, $CVS, $WBA to list that are open also...
- traderbren: $WMT - pushing higher and trying to clear the 50 dma
I have no view, apart from a surmise that if our lawmakers manage to reassemble in DC and vote, we'll see some relief reflected in prices. If there is a delay, well, vice versa. I ventured out yesterday; Stop 'n Shop was completely out of, shall we ...
- DAN: @Forexpro $ADRNY $WMT Long Road Out of Eden. Not on my music rotation. Meh.
- Margi1983: @Forexpro $ADRNY $WMT iSince I believe you are in the Boston area, try going to MarketBasket early in the morning. I went to their store in Rowley, MA 2 days ago at 6:30 AM with our fellow +60 folks and the store had everything in abundance. All the best to you today!
- Wykeman: @Margi1983 $ADRNY $WMT there is more than an abundance of food if people didnt hoard. The fat just getting fatter. Imo. Also, if/when covid-19 slows, stops or a cure is found. The market will go nuts. Have some exposure.
- Forexpro: @Margi1983 $ADRNY $WMT Thanks, Margi1983, Much appreciated. I see that there are stores in Ashland and Hudson, both of which are reasonably proximate to Southborough. I'll give ore or t'other a whirl. Hope that all is well at your end; cheers!
- Cheezit: @Forexpro $ADRNY $WMT Yup I'm up near Lowell and hit the market basket early tuesday mornings and catch the stocking up of veggies and meats.
- grcjr: Before the open: I do not trust it although I will note that $AAPL $AMD $AMT $AMZN $NVDA $MU $MSFT $DIS $WMT $SPXL and more are all about to open a smidge above yesterday's close.
- debeers: @grcjr $AAPL $AMD $AMT $AMZN $NVDA $MU $MSFT $DIS $WMT $SPXL -these need to conserve not expand now
- wijimmy: $WMT .. No Love here ...hitting LOD.. couple of downgrades today and Walmart said that they won't collect rent from some tenants within there Walmart and Sam's stores for the month of April
- wijimmy: $WMT, $BJ, $COST, $TGT .. Looked strong last week.. Now all out of favor past couple days...??? I been to all 4 of these stores the past 2 weeks, they are with in 5-10 miles of each other by my house in New York.... ALL 4 have lines to get in due to the Virus.. But, once I get inside the shelves are EMPTY !!! all paper goods, canned food, frozen food, water.. etc....etc... My question is.. Can the suppliers refill the shelves at the regular scheduled time ? .. if so... They should CRUSH 1Q earnings and outlook... RIGHT ?? Looking and Watching...
- wyseguy: @wijimmy $WMT $BJ $COST $TGT I was wondering about this as well. Add $KR to the list. Is this money distribution? Traders were using these vehicles to trade on positive charts and are now moving money to other names with more upside potential as the market turns up in the long term?
- champ: @wijimmy $WMT $BJ $COST $TGT --- Sure, pretty soon everybody will have everything that they need and supplies will be stacked-up... everywhere. ......Traders...Work the Markets and they don't let the markets #Chop-them-up.
- wijimmy: @wyseguy $WMT $BJ $COST $TGT $KR .. No $KR in New York... so the spike in sales might not be as big.. Im sure the spike in sales in California is big also..
- debeers: @wijimmy $WMT $BJ $COST $TGT - i was at the supermarkets and though the stores were cutting hours due to Corona---trucks lined up! Some of these guys will report very nice earnings in my opinion.
- Hokie54: $WMT..$cost What is wrong with both? long Wmt and thinking aout Cost
- michaelH: @Hokie54 $WMT $cost I think they are both Doom and Gloom trades; when the market rolls over they will probably resume their uptrend
- wijimmy: @debeers $WMT $BJ $COST $TGT .. Thanks for the reply ... I agree... and Just waiting for entry...
- jnvest: @michaelH $WMT $cost COST seems to have decent support around 280
- cb: $WMT $COST $DG Wild 1 min pin action retailers
- BocaRick: @champ #OT $WMT just send a email, Tuesdays 6AM - 7AM is seniors days and we can run and play for an hour each week on our own without the youngsters getting in the way.
- champ: @BocaRick $WMT #OT ---Thanks, thats nice to know.
- Henry: $COST $WMT Has anyone been in a Sams or Costco this week? I was wondering if people are avoiding them. Lots of people are off work and walking in my neighborhood. They cross the street to avoid passing you.
- phgruver: @Henry $COST $WMT I'm avoiding them, but my wife drove by a WMT on the way home, and the parking lot was as full as if it was Christmas!
- cb: @Henry $COST $WMT packed out mad house
- traderbren: $GILD and $WMT - both working
- jr3345: @cb $COST $WMT -- Went to BJ store last night. Well stocked. Was busy but not packed in Boynton Beach, FL. Gas under $2.00
- debeers: @Henry $COST $WMT -$WMT for now the folks getting tested for Corona might as well pick up the essentials.
- bwcarnation1: @Henry $COST $WMT $WMT has a good online business too
- Henry: $COST $WMT Thanks everyone. Bought a little $COST
- Hokie54: $WMT moving nicely....long
- debeers: @Hokie54 $WMT -How brilliant was it for Walmart to volunteer parkin g lot space to testing?? As long as you're there..........BTW, in Northern Cali, you can pay the PG&E bills there as well.
- champ: $AMZN $WMT $COST $KR $BJ $PG...all are working, these are a few common-sense trades, and all are zig-zagging with the market.
- agiaccag: @champ $AMZN $WMT $COST $KR $BJ $PG Ok @champ , So what's your secret , if I may ask ? Scanning, watchlist with custom alerts or just watching charts. I use TC2000 but new to its capabilities. Just a newbie trying to learn. Thanks.
- champ: @agiaccag $AMZN $WMT $COST $KR $BJ $PG ---- No real secret,...the public is stocking-up with supplies, as we all know, so certain stocks are in play, plus others.
- traderbren: $WMT - looks to be a bearish close on $WMT given the pop it had today.
- wijimmy: $BJ, $COST, $WMT ,$TGT, $OLLI .. I was just at my local Costco's and BJ's this morning. with in 1 mile of each other.. They both had workers at the entrance stopping shoppers from entering due to they couldn't handle the volume of shoppers... It was like waiting on a line to get into a Bar, Disco, or Club with Bouncers... 10 people left and they let 5 people in ... As I'm waiting to get in.. another worker is yelling we are SOLD OUT of Lysol, All Disinfected wipes, bleach, all Fresh and frozen Chickens, paper towels, bottled water, and my FAVORITE.. TOILET PAPER.. People are Crazy ..... .. I just needed Contacts ..
- scottrades: My notes for my video tonight: A lot of charts are looking the same, but I’m all about The Base. $SPY Push into the close. $QQQ The Volatility continues $GDX / $NUGT / $JNUG Getting crushed. $GLD Strong U.S. Dollar pushing this down $HMI Still one to watch. $APRE Back above the 50 Day. $GOOGL Mentioned a few times during the Trump presser. Watch for some follow through. $AMD Watching for this to build a base around the 200 Day. $WMT Watch for more on this next week. $COST Back above the 200 Day.
- greenpatrol: $WMT just triggered an inside week and up at 117.91
- sierramp: $WMT working for a day trade anyway... so far.
- vfr777: $WMT @sierramp interesting that it's at the junction of 8-50-200 day
- sierramp: @vfr777 $WMT I was trading only on the 1 minute chart but you're right. Still positive on it for the day, keep moving up my stop though and don't expect to hold it much longer.
- Bridget: $WMT is up on the day
- Herb: $WMT up.
- Sher: $COCP - Took profits just prior to mid-day PB - Out of all stock @ $2.15 (currently trading @ $1.44) - Back below VWAP... $WMT - Initiated long call position (April $120s) - People are stockpiling like crazy!
- champ: @Sher $COCP $WMT --- I also took profits on $INO, @ $19, this morning. Same at $COST.
- Herb: @champ $COCP $WMT $INO $COST Nice trade $INO.
- champ: @Herb $COCP $WMT $INO $COST ---- #Thanks....I posted new swings trades, on the close on Friday, 3/6...in $INO and $MRNA, for the open this morning, worked out, got lucky, took profits on both this morning.
$ROST -- gap and reverse. Likely to move higher on Monday.
$ENDP -- Lesson. When 50-day MA fails as established support, take action.
$MASI -- Needs to hold the 50-day MA.
- Ajax4Hire: Rather than invest in individual stocks, I chose the $XLP - Consumer Staples Select Sector SPDR Fund Yes, less gain but less volatile AND, I don't have to be "a specific stock right" just sector/direction right. $XLP - Consumer Staples Select Sector SPDR Fund; (top 15, % of asset) 16.0% $PG Procter & Gamble Co 11.7% $KO Coca-Cola Co 10.2% $PEP PepsiCo Inc 8.57% $WMT Walmart Inc 4.95% $MDLZ Mondelez International Inc 4.89% $COST Costco Wholesale Corp 4.66% $PM Philip Morris International Inc 3.90% $MO Altria Group Inc 3.82% $CL Colgate-Palmolive Co 3.01% $KMB Kimberly-Clark Corp 2.55% $EL Estee Lauder Companies Inc 2.16% $WBA Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc 2.13% $SYY Sysco Corp 1.94% $GIS General Mills Inc 1.85% $STZ Constellation Brands Inc
- shoredriver: @Herb $COST $AMZN ....$WMT........Been a memb/owner $COST forever....
- Herb: @shoredriver $COST $AMZN $WMT Nice move. I'm a fairly new convert. Does $WMT put your tires on for you?
- shoredriver: @Herb $COST $AMZN $WMT ..don't know.....I was referring to $COST....you asked who else does all that for you...WMT ....also read that they are coming after COST harder with a new next day no fee delivery or some such......
- shoredriver: @shoredriver $AMZN ...which also brings up a point I don't get...If the supply chain is broken for some time ...wouldn't that be detrimental to $AMZN and $WMT/$TGT...Also with all the home deliveries, if we are under some form of quarantine....wouldn't people be concerned about their deliveries being infected by multiple handlers? No real way to completely sanitize boxes/letters and if it lives 9 days on surfaces, just leave it in a controlled drop zone in your house for over a week??....I digress......
- stairm01: $WMT Just an observation. I was in our local Walmart yesterday to pickup some IBPROFIN and the shelves were empty of all pain relievers such as aspirin, Tylenol, IBPROFIN, ETC. What the heck? People are stocking up on everything. Any trades here?
- PhilHarmonic: @stairm01 $WMT Looks like Crowd Behavior is in PANIC MODE!!!!!
- Bilbo: @stairm01 $WMT Also I hear that there are supply chain issues for some drugs - raw materials come from China.
- phgruver: @Bilbo $WMT ...nearly everything in $WMT comes from China! Just sayin'....
- Ajax4Hire: @stairm01 $WMT Reminds me of Kosh, Babylon 5; The avalanche has already started, it is too late for the pebbles to vote. And Men at Work, "Underground": The signs were there, you should have bought connections before. I'm going to tweet that.
- scottrades: $WMT Working
- scottrades: $COST and $WMT strong. Let em work.
- scottrades: @humble $COST Well trading a stock like $COST or $WMT or $PG, etc is a defensive play on the current market conditions, so I'm keeping an eye on VWAP mostly because they are new entries. If a stock I hold is closes above VWAP, I will look to swing it to the next day, a close below, I won't. I'm trying not to get consumed with noise or thoughts of potential traps. I think it's right to be protective because the $SPY is under the moving averages. I think it's ok not to trade at all right now and just wait till bases develop. It all depends on your trading style. I'm just trading what I see and will adjust as needed.
- debeers: @scottrades $COST $WMT $PG $SPY --the S&Pdrop below 3000 with everyone panicking was the best day ever because you knew the techniocal snap had to come.
- DAN: "Good afternoon. We had a pretty good trading session this morning, though there were just a couple of stocks that seemed to work well -- staple stocks such as $WMT, $COST, $PG, etc. I urge you to watch this morning's session because I did tal ...
- coldevinc: @DAN $WMT $COST $PG $MSFT $AMZN $FB Thanks Dan. especially the "steep and deep" paragarph.
$WMT Another live session winner.
$PG Monster Move today. Don’t let this turn into a loss.
$CLX Close to the highs.
$RAD Nice move off the 50 Day
$ADBE Off the 50 Day on Good volume. Watch above 364
$STNE Didn’t give us much at first ...
- debeers: @scottrades $SPY $QQQ $GDX $COST $WMT $PG $CLX $RAD $ADBE $STNE $DOCU $V $MSFT ---347 Billion dollars changed hands today. I figure we get 1 more up day before thefade so we'll see. Looking forward to your ss tonight. Thanks in advance.
- antfarm: $WMT Dan mentioned this in the weekend. It is holding up nicely. NP yet order placed for long April calls but not filled.
- Mikev200: $WMT above 50dma, for now
- scottrades: $WMT Holding at the 50 Day
- Mikev200: $WMT held 50dma on volume. ER Tuesday before open.
- champ: @efrain007 $SDC @ $15-00 --- Yes that $WMT news was also the trigger for me on 1/6, that News turned this trade into an #investment-position. Not that long ago, it has only been 27 trading days....and one could say that this is a long term position but only because of that News. Earnings on 2/25/after/confirmed, I expect #Positive-Guidance because of that $WMT-News, this slow earnings move should continue, before and after earnings, many are guessing.
- champ: @efrain007 $SDC ---- #Common-Sense ----Talking about the #Shorts, I really do believe that most all the shorts, will #Cover before earnings, I doubt that they will risk $$$'s, going into that $WMT-earnings-News, I really don't think the short holders are that dumb, they know all about that #WMT-News, most should move-off.
- efrain007: @champ $SDC $WMT #Common-Sense #Shorts #Cover #WMT-News Hopefully you're right and it runs into earnings, I'll be out before they announce too.
- champ: @efrain007 $SDC $WMT #Common-Sense #Shorts #Cover #WMT-News...I'm looking for a Nice-Bounce, the high was $21.10....and I have been building on these #Zag-Zags, because I'm guessing, that I understand what the News is going to do to this stock. I'm a Happy Holder,...#OT at Clear Lake, Ca., I used to buy my fishing tackle, at the Happy Hooker, tackle shop.
- teacher5: @champ $SDC $WMT #Common-Sense #Shorts #Cover #WMT-News #Zag-Zags #OT Are you long $SDC?
- champ: @teacher5 $SDC $WMT #Common-Sense #Shorts #Cover #WMT-News #Zag-Zags #OT --- On 1/6, see all the posts, just click on $SDC.
- teacher5: @champ $SDC $WMT #Common-Sense #Shorts #Cover #WMT-News #Zag-Zags #OT Thanks. Just started a position.
- champ: @teacher5 $SDC $WMT #Common-Sense #Shorts --- As long as you know...that this stock has been Zig-Zagging.
- teacher5: @champ $SDC $WMT #Common-Sense #Shorts Thanks I will remember that. Should stop be at LOD or lower? Thanks in advance.
- champ: @Reif99 $SDC ---- I have a nice size Investment position, this is not a trading stock for me. Broke thur $15.00 but always expect zig-zags, I'm in from below. Real nice $WMT news.
- mercury6s: $WMT appears in a squeeze with the MAs converged, any thoughts ?
- champ: @Pcdentist $SDC @ $14.00 --- I'm still holding because the News is positive and one of the main reasons is about $WMT, they will be pushing their sales numbers much higher. This does zig-zag...and this should or could be much higher, by the end of the year. Earnings are on 2/25/after/confirmed. .
- captron: $WMT - Bouncing off the 200. a Low risk entry with a stop just below the 200
- champ: $MDY in the Mid-Cap sector....$SDC, is the #2, performer today, still holding. The news-flow is all positive, plus they are also moving into $WMT, was the news from a few days ago. that I posted.
- Mikev200: $WMT slight bounce off yesterday 150ma, watching for tomorrow, maybe?
- champ: $SDC...HOD, still smiling, I added this morning. Still working off of that great $WMT, news.
- champ: @bRobert $SDC --- #Day-1...Investment position...because of this new News, with $WMT.
- woodman: @champ $JD $WMT - I didn't know that. Thanks for the info.
- champ: @woodman $JD --- $WMT, has a large position and they have been adding, #However...I haven't looked to see when the last time that they added.
- Ajax4Hire: Closing long-term holdings now and moving everything to cash. I can always buy it back(at the beginning of the new year). Forces me to re-evaluate my reasons for a position. Closing out the 2nd decade of the 21st century. Happy New Year to everyone. See you Thursday, January 2nd, 2020. Sold: $AMZN at a heafty gain, whoo-hoo; $BP at a mild gain, almost all thru Dividend payouts, meh; $DIS at a good gain, yeah! $EDU at a miniscule gain, meh; $GNRC at a mild gain, yeah; $MSFT at a heafty gain, whoo-hoo, shoulda bought more! $SHW at a mild gain, yeah; $WMT at a small loss, ugh. I sold $DIS-Disney, ahhh, but kept my WDW-Disney World Annual Pass. New Year's Resolution: go to WDW once a month.
|Stock Price||$USD 119.21|
Wal-Mart Stores Inc operates retail stores in various formats under 69 banners. Its operations comprise three reportable business segments: Walmart U.S., Walmart International and Sam's Club.Request Video of WMT
Already a member? Sign in here.
- August 18th, 2020 - 2021 Q2 Earnings
- $USD 21.89 210.77%
- $USD 33.43 45.78%
- $USD 6.85 40.25%
- $USD 24.41 -33.25%
- $USD 36.46 -30.37%
- $USD 10.60 -29.80%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 30 day trial membership for just $7.77. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 71,800 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (71,800) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 30 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!