Walmart Inc. (NYSE:WMT)
Old Forum Content for WMTMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- bRobert: $TGT . small retest /flag . $WMT at a better valuation. $85 . mm target
- bRobert: $TGT squeeze out mm target $85 Retail pinball action from $WMT .earnings MM target $115
- Reif99: $MDT and $WMT report before the bell
....... Need $WMT, to report positive earnings in the morning or the markets could take a much needed rest and could even see, some take profits. The Holiday, really slowed everything down...momentum was halted.
- Lou: Watching a few positions for a breakout from Volatility Squeeze. I have positions to which I would like to add on confirmation of breakout - $CAKE $CELG $CVS $MSFT $V $WMT
$WMT was raised to Overweight from Equal Weight with a $110 target price at Morgan Stanley,
Tuesday’s top analyst calls included Altria, Electronic Arts, Embraer, Gap, Kinder Morgan, Netflix, Take-Two Interactive Software, Under Armour and ma ...
- bRobert: $CVS and $WMT . have made up after marriage counseling. Long $CVS
- champ: $ROKU...positive #News...that $WMT, is abandoning plans for #Video-Streaming-Service..
- Forexpro: @champ $ROKU $WMT #News #Video-Streaming-Service Thanks, Champ, There are a couple of heavier hitters on the way ($DIS, $AAPL, etc.). Dunno that $WMT was the biggest challenge looming out there. At least some of the buying enthusiasm seems to be due to $ROKU's announcement that it is removing Infowars from the platform. It had already been banned by $FB, $GOOGL (YouTube), $AAPL and $TWTR. A public relations nightmare prevented is a lot of Dollars cured. Hope you're doing well; all the best!
- champ: @Forexpro $ROKU $WMT $DIS $AAPL $FB $GOOGL $TWTR #News #Video-Streaming-Service --- That news about $WMT, was just posted...by CNBC...with Article...take a look. I'm still holding my investment position....and I get all the #News-Alert-post. I'm just posting the news for others...I'm holding a investment position because I believe this stock will #stream-up, at some point...that is my opinion. Take Care!
- debeers: $WMT/$AMZN-Sun Tzu once is reported to have said,"the enemy of my enemy is my friend." Part of his Art of War is that you team up with a traditional opponent against a common enemy. So it has now occurred with Walmart and Amazon against Ind ...
- traderbren: @debeers $WMT $AMZN - nice musings, especially the puppeteer reference of Liesman which is right on the money! ;-)
$WMT – big reversal
$GS – rebound.
$JPM – rebound
MDY – average volume. Given the short week, this is actually heavy volume.
$IWM – higher than average volume.
$DJT – big reversal.
$NDX – big reversal.
- vfr777: $WMT could Walmart be a buy at this point? 20day
- grcjr: @bigbartabs - for me I've got lots to look at following a 4 day weekend where I did not look at stocks. Maybe big movers ?? $AMZN, $WMT, $M, $TGT, $INTU, $NVDA, $CLF, $UTX, $WBA, $UNH, $AMD Hope you had a great weekend. Thanks for the posts.
- Kasey: $WMT, Why in the world isn't $WMT doing better today? Do you think it will one day soon?
- champ: @Kasey $WMT --- The news flow is negative and inside selling...and also because $TJX and $TGT both just guided lower ...is some of the news that I read.This has always been a slow mover...investors are waiting for positive news, on the stock before taking positions....and there are just too many other targets, to look at.
- Kasey: @champ $WMT $TJX $TGT Thank you @champ
- champ: @mopick $GOOS #News #Emerging-Growth-Stock-list #5th #Chinese-market #OnLine #OutDoor-and-Industrial-footwear--- I like #Ugly, the uglier it is, the better it is, for entries, it is all about #entry-timing. It is a stock-pickers market but all entrie ...
- DrScience: $XRT being dragged down by $JCP (1.25 above support) and $WMT (even though they beat most estimates). Hmmm.... starting to see a pattern?
- issues: Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway's $BRKB latest 13-F filing, showed a bigger stake in Apple $AAPL and purchased the following: $BAC $GS $DAL $TRV $JPM $STNE $GM (really Warren?? GM?) $USB ORCL. He sold $PSX $WFC $CHTR $AAL $LUV $WMT $SNY Apple Is Now 26% Of The Portfolio https://www.investors.com/news/warren-buffett-stocks-berkshire-hathway-q3-13f/
- champ: $XRT ...Retail Sales numbers will be released in the morning, for the month of October, along with $WMT earnings....these numbers will really move the sector. Place your bets, long or short....I'm holding a few long positions.
- issues: @champ $XRT $WMT Did you see Cramer's piece last night on how during the past 33 years if you buy retail $XRT or any other, on the 5th day before Thanksgiving (Thurs) and hold it for 10 days (with a stop $5 below where you buy it) you make money 33% of the time? He mentioned even $HD, $COST, $TGT, $KSS, etc. We hold $GOOS and $FL.
- bigbartabs: @issues $XRT $WMT $HD $COST $TGT $KSS $GOOS $FL ... Cramer... did you send him an email, asking how you are supposed to buy XRT on Saturday?
- champ: @debeers $LULU @ $138.50 and the $XRT is @ $48.00---- This looks positive to me, after that nice drop, that the stock had. $M reports ER tomorrow, in the AM. Also on Thursday morning,11/15... the U.S. Retail Sales numbers will be released for the mon ...
- grcjr: $WMT out just after 10:00AM EST. I'm not trusting much.
- champ: @grcjr $WMT ----- Know reason to ....watch $AAPL for market direction, we will see if the markets can hold this level.
- DrScience: @grcjr $WMT I think what @champ is trying to say is "No reason to trust the market." I'm short $IWM with DEC 156/161 BeCS from Friday, looking to add when this bounce fails, maybe around $153 VWAP. If we get some upward momentum, then 154.50 would be next resistance.
- bRobert: $DG . retail on the cheap . fave along with $BURL . $WMT (extended reports tomorrow) $ROST $TGT Great WEEKLY . with higher upside. Look for pullback/bounces closer to the 20/50d
$WMT – not buyable here...but running into earnings on 11/15
$ALRM – great short. Never thought it would fall this far...but most of the money was made by noon Thursday.
$TCMD – one of fastest growing companies. Great ...
- woodman: #Consumer Defensive/Cyclical stocks working again today, e.g. $OLLI $DLTR $M $DSW $ROST $DG $KSS $BOOT $SCVL $LB $PLCE $ULTA $MCD $WMT $TSCO $JWN ... you get the picture.
$WMT – running into earnings in 10 days.
$HCKT – Earnings tomorrow. I took profits on Friday. Maybe too soon, but I’m very risk averse now.
$PBYI – DCB trade...like WTW.
$MRK – Wouldn’t buy it here...but wouldn&rs ...
- alfred1939: $PG and $WMT (owned both of them for over 10 years) are strong and will continue to go up even if they end in the re today IMHO. Of course I don't know for certain.
$WMT – working well after a pause yesterday.
$ROST – Not a solid breakout. Supply at $100.
$CMG – coming out of a squeeze on decent volume over the past few days. But still generally rangebound.
$CRY – one ...
- JustJoe: $WMT a few pennys past resistance. :) I've got a full swing trade on.
- champ: @mopick $DJI #Traders-are-at-Work #3 On #Higher-Cost-Intrest rates and Inflation ---- #Inflation and #Cost always rise when the economy is growing...#always because wages are now just starting to climb because of the very positive jobs market, busin ...
- greenpatrol: $WMT triggered an inside week and up, yesterday, at $97.65.
- Reif99: $XRT (Retail) holding up. $OLLI $WMT $SCVL $JWN
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $WMT Walmart Inc.. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=WMT&clip=106862
$WMT – actually looks promising...but I would not be in it here. Alert $99
$ROKU – the short entry was on Wednesday...or perhaps Thursday morning.
$NOW – under distribution.
$NVDA – key breakdown
$ABMD – short this? E ...
- champ: $WMT --- HOD....reported positive news at a Investor Conference
- baronp0329: @champ $WMT Yes, WMT looks good. I got some Nov 95 calls this morning (mentioned by Bridget on OMM yesterday).
- baronp0329: @champ $DJI Already took profits on my $SPY Calls, $TNA, $FAS, $MSFT Calls, $WMT Calls. Hope the gains hold up though, better trading in upwards market. Good luck with your trades.
- JJT1: $WMT $PBH $ADTN $MOS $CF $BSX Looking for stocks that are consolidating with 50 day SMA rising through BB $WMT $PBH or have been in uptrend and pulled back to 50 day for support $BSX $CF $MOS $ADTN
- champ: $DJI @ 26,773 ---- The #Retail-Sector looks like a bomb was dropped on it today...but the markets look positive (the $DJI) but small-caps are getting kill also....and the Retail stocks ($XRT) are shell shocked....and to think... that I was really pos ...
- bRobert: @champ $DJI $XRT $SFIX $AMZN $WMT $TGT $CopyCat #Retail-Sector I don't anything is so wrong with retail. There are many explanations being offered by the pundits but probably just rotation and profit taking . Many names have had tremendous runs. With some near term headwinds, it's very reasonable to ring the register and shift into other areas which have more upside and offer better values.
- champ: @riskmanager $GOOS $LULU $DLTH $PVH $TGT #Retail-Sector-Holiday-Shopping-Season...and the #economy-is-extremly-storng --- I really like $TGT and it is finally starting to move, started in July. It is a large retailer and they have food supplies also ...
- mopick: $WMT, any thoughts on this chart? Longer-term chart, looks like a cup n handle. $94 looks to be support from previous gap up.
- grcjr: @Wykeman $AMZN ... upgrade by Wells Fargo. Forecasts $AMZN will become the top US apparel seller. Was second largest in 2017 behind $WMT. Down a bit at this time. Looks to be testing support at the 20dma.
- traderbren: $WMT and $NKE - looking constructive given the tape today.
- DrScience: $WMT hitting a new low for the day, about to eclipse Friday's low. Stay short... Another 3 bucks to retest the breakout, and after a blowout quarterly report, price targets in the 105/115 range, the 200 DMA would be a nice place to start a long position. Wait for the bounce, though, as $85ish is much better support, and $81ish would be as low as I'd like the stock to go before taking a Long Call position into the MAR 2019 expiration.
- CraigReynolds: @bRobert $ZUO $FB $CRM $WMT Your advice is a great help to along with all your posts. Would love to see your set-ups, how you stay on top of so many. I follow about a dozen stocks and the ETF for all stocks and can't even keep up with moves and so on. Trying to reduce to on a few I'm trading but miss so many others that are better than what I'm watching. Thank you again, your a great SMM member for four helps.
- bRobert: @CraigReynolds $ZUO $FB $CRM $WMT My pleasure. I do post many/most of my set ups. I follow many stocks but have most of my capital concentrated in a few. The best of the best. I post quite a few, but am unable to participate in many of them d ...
- bRobert: $ZUO Always easier if you have decent profits coasting into earnings .after a big run into earnings. After big run most/all of the good news has been baked in eg . $FB $CRM breaking out into earnings. Not as clear with $ZUO. Reduce exposure. Take some profits. Hedge . Convert stock to call spreads. Pulls out profits and defines risk. Collars. Buy put/put spread and sell upside calls to finance. I did this with $FB along with rolling up calls to higher call spreads and reducing the number of open positions. Reduces catastrophic risk. $FB puts were very cheap and really ramped up post earnings. Option market estimates move partially based on historical data. Big upside/downside surprises , short interest, market conditions can seriously amplify the move . eg $WMT
- DrScience: $WMT Otto working like he should... BTC SEP 100/105 BeCS @ .70. Sold for 1.53 on the 16th. Adding here to long SEP 95 Puts @ 1.10, Initial position was at .86, now up 25%. Looking for some support in the 93-95 area, and noting the 200 DMA at 91.50ish.
- bRobert: $WMT . I don't think many saw this coming. Today's earnings move was well above the options implied volatility . Long leap calls
- bwcarnation1: @bRobert $WMT Cramer had Tim Collins (chartist) on 8/6 & he was bullish on $WMT. Said above $90.5 will fill gap to 103
- CraigReynolds: @bRobert $WMT One of these day's, I would like you to explain how they project the +/- option moves in stocks before earnings. I believe you understand this process. Thank you
- captron: $CGC $WMT Two mornings in a row I get a gift from Wall street. I could get used to this if I didn't know better. What's next?
- champ: $XRT $WMT ---- I thought this sector was somewhat safe for a overnight swing trades and I have been swinging my positions for months. But today I was #Wrong and I posted that the markets needed $M to carry the sector forward and that didn't happen.....and now I have #new concerns about $WMT, they will be report earnings in the morning....and because of that reason...I'm out of all my #retail-positions....#All....I sold 1/2 yesterday and on the open this morning I took profits on 1/4 more of my 2 positions and today I took profits on all even $DLTH...because I can always buy them back. I don't like swinging risk and I also don't like losing profits.
- spmeyers: @champ $XRT $WMT $M $DLTH #Wrong #new #retail-positions #All test of 50-day coming for XRT; I think it rises from there but we'll see
- champ: @spmeyers $XRT $WMT $M $DLTH #Wrong #new #retail-positions #All --- I'm talking about tomorrow only and I believe the retail sector could bounce also but for that to happen...$WMT has to have a nice beat and guide even higher.... or this reversal wil ...
- champ: $DLTH @ 26.00 #Duluth...a growth retail company ------ HOD and a new 52 week high this morning....always low volume...but the volume is mostly all buyers ....should keep zig-zagging higher....earnings are not until around 9/4.....I'm still holding this position and $ROST and $KSS.....and #now... $M will report in the morning and $WMT, on Thursday 8/16...NP on these 2....but I'm expecting beats and if they do .....the retail sector could bounce even more and continue this move....off of positive numbers and guidance. The retail sector continues to work.....could be the best sector for now...we will see how it plays out in the morning...off on $M.
- cmaxwel1: @champ $DLTH $ROST $KSS $M $WMT #Duluth #now ($DLTH) added small bit. Thanks
- champ: @cmaxwel1 $DLTH $ROST $KSS $M $WMT #Duluth #now ---- I added a little also today...now it is up to $M, to keep this sector moving...in the morning and then $WMT on Thursday.....Good Luck!
- captron: $WMT - Trying to break out the top of the BB today. Needs a little more volume.
4. $NFLX – big breakdown. This could fall to $290. Think it can’t? It was there in April. WMT is now competing.
5. $WMT – watch this stock. No momentum, but showing promise.
6. $GOOGL – can fall at least another $20 buck ...
- DrScience: $COF Capital One gets Walmart's ($WMT) credit card business from Synchrony Financial ($SYF). Doesn't seem like anyone's happy with the news.
- SusanW: @bRobert $ROST $TGT Do you like $TGT better than $WMT? Both charts art going up.
- traderbren: $WMT - seeing interest this AM.
- champ: $ELF @ $16 now ---- This is a #Bounce-Trade...for sure ---- They did have a decent earnings report on 5/9.... and #Oppenheimer came out with a #OutPerform on 5/23 at a even higher price...when the stock was at $19.50. This is a nice #low-risk-entry ...
- DrScience: $BJ rejoined the public market today in an IPO priced at $17. The excitement of competing with $COST and $WMT has buyers paying a 22% premium to IPO price.
- mgoodw: @DrScience $BJ $COST $WMT all of the article I see about $BJ are not positive. Saying this IPO is to pay off debt and this lags behind Costco performance wise.
- mlgold99: @DrScience $BJ $COST $WMT $BJ - speaking of IPOs - I know it's mid-week but here is a quick list of some IPOs that have started trading this week: https://seekingalpha.com/article/4183798-ipos-week-6-25-18
- DrScience: @BobbyG $TGT $XRT reflecting the moves in retail. $WMT going along for the ride.
- traderbren: $WMT - continues to see interest.
- DrScience: $WMT eclipsing yesterdays high, but still needs another three bucks to regain the 200 DMA.
- DrScience: @traderbren $WMT You hit send while I was debating whether to include analysis of VS breakout, retest, and move higher note in my post. But, Walmart trades in a volatility squeeze most of the time, at least, until the fireworks begin! (Hey! July 4th is just around the corner. :-) )
- champ: $WMT $TSCO $ROST ...my retail swing positions are really working this morning....but $DLTH is lagging...many others are also working.
- champ: $WMT ----OUT .....I took the $$$$ on this swing...out for now....near the high.
- judysteiner: $WMT, $TSLA. Out nice 59 min trades... trailed out of some AMZN. profitable..I trade that one almost daily.
- traderbren: @DrScience $WMT - hey, early Happy 4th to you!
- grcjr: @DrScience $WMT - looking for a spread, perhaps a BeCS.
- DrScience: @grcjr $WMT Premium isn't juicy enough RHRN and risk is that stock could find buyers when the next tariff tweet drops in the Twitter-verse. Folks love domestic-oriented stocks on those occasions. Save money. Live better.
- rck89: @DrScience $WMT Mmm? $WMT will still be the low cost retail seller to all of us. So do you really think that tariffs - if they really imposed by China - will hurt their biz? I own some leap calls (Jan 2019). Your thoughts, please...thanks.
- champ: $WMT ----OUT.....took profits today
- champ: $WMT @ $85.75 ---- Still working.......off of of the $AMZN News and now there is more news about the House passing the farm bill ...with food stamps...still holding and I added on Friday...might add again...first tgt $90.
- champ: $WMT....I added 33%...
- JustJoe: @champ $WMT I'll be starting a position at $86.2
- champ: @JustJoe $WMT --- Hard to buy today... but this is really strong...if the markets turn-up...this should move up even more....but that is only a guess. There are others that are working also today but this looks like, it has legs and there are more larger buyers from .....institutions and larger players in this stock and holders also...for sure....and they are better holders...they should also add. However, this is only a educated guess, off of what has happened in the past. The larger type stocks, always attract the larger players on...positive news. This is the #1 box retailer in the U.S....for food stamps and other items.
- captron: $WMT @ champ Good call. I followed you in. There are buyers down here.
- champ: @captron $WMT ---- Great...I posted last week is when I got in...I added Friday and this morning.
- sierramp: @champ $WMT Good call, I like this BO pattern. I'm in too.
- champ: $WMT ...was a buy off the sale tax news....
- baronp0329: @champ $WMT $TGT could also be a buy off the sales tax news. NP on both.
- champ: @baronp0329 $WMT $TGT ---- I have a position in $WMT ...but I didn't think about $TGT.
- singlemalt: @otnancy at first glance, it would be bad news. Not having a sales tax made $AMZN because you could save that 8% +/- on your purchase. They have become so much more now, not to mention "free" shipping, and the ease of shopping online with suggestions and reviews. Now music and video. May not make much of a difference to them, it's down only 1% and holding so far. $W got hit hard early, but has reversed. $TGT and $WMT may well benefit long term, as there's no incentive to save the sales tax buying online, and you can have your item just as soon as you can go get it. It's bad news for me, as I did a lot of purchases to save the sales tax fee.
- Forexpro: @singlemalt $AMZN $W $TGT $WMT Thanks, Singlemalt, Amazon has been collecting sales tax in all 45 states that have one since Apr 2017; the impact will be felt by its many third-party vendors, as in the past $AMZN did not collect the taxes on their behalf. Even though I'd prefer not to be charged 6.25 percent, it hasn't disadvantaged Amazon as far as my own buying habits are concerned. If I want a book/CD/DVD, I can almost always find it on Amazon, and good luck wandering by the local Barnes & Noble, where any given item that is on the shelves will in all likelihood still be more expensive. The stock seems to be recovering. Hope your day is going well; all the best!
- rck89: @Forexpro $AMZN $W $TGT $WMT Agree....$AMZN will probably make out like a bandit - and deservedly so!
singlemalt: @Forexpro $AMZN $W $TGT $WMT And thank you Forexpro! Always enjoy your posts.
Yes, if there was a physical store, they had to collect sales tax. May have been more reasons too. Didn't want to get too deep in the tax weeds with that post, and I'm no ...
|Stock Price||$USD 102.67|
Wal-Mart Stores Inc operates retail stores in various formats under 69 banners. Its operations comprise three reportable business segments: Walmart U.S., Walmart International and Sam's Club.Request Video of WMT
Already a member? Sign in here.
- $USD 580.67 17.75%
- $USD 8.25 5.87%
- $USD 29.99 3.25%
- $USD 34.74 -87.42%
- $USD 51.15 -35.91%
- $USD 27.16 -33.21%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 62,600 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (62,600) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!