Walmart Inc. (NYSE:WMT)
Old Forum Content for WMTMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- bRobert: $UAL nh Extended Partials $AL following this pb for tag of bottom of channel High growth Cheap but don't fight the tape $SAVE sideways consolidation at top of range. Partial profits on Swing trade from low. Watching for range breakout $KKR retest of breakout. Watching for bounce $XRT $RTH pullback as expected $RTH was parabolic Look for the good merchandise to come in to a more favorable buy zone eg $HD $TJX $BURL $COST $WMT $TGT sideways consolidation allowing 50d to catch up prior to next level move
- bRobert: $ROST $125 WEEKLY target Look for pb/bounces $COST $300+ $DG $145 $WMT $BURL $210 Most hard to buy. Easy to hold. Watch for opportunities $RTH flag Very extended/overbought. parabolic move. It has to come in for a rest soon
- BocaRick: @champ $HD $Barron's article today on HD and $LOW. Also, PM Cramer on CNBC came up with "WATCH" a new stock list for $WMT $AMZN $TGT $COST $HD.
- debeers: @BocaRick $HD $Barron $LOW $WMT $AMZN $TGT $COST In my opinion -It would be really helpful if Cramer were more precise and less concerned with being "cute." He is addicted to the limelight for which there is presently no cure and is desperate to regain the notoriety accorded him when the anagram "FANG" caught on.
- bRobert: $RTH nh WEEKLY breakout Many good names extended eg $COST $DG $WMT $BURL Long term holds Raised stops if trading around a core
- champ: $ELF @ $15 ---- Volume spike on a nice upgrade by $JPM today and $MS also upgraded back on 6/5. New business plan, they #closed their retail stores, earlier this year. There sales are now climbing, with less overhead because other large box retail stores like ...$WMT $AMZN....$TGT $ULTA and many others...$CVS used to be another one, are selling their beauty products. Investment position, not really about today, this is about the future....and this holiday season, #sales are climbing. Priced IPO, back in September 2016, at $17. Looks like they #finally have all the bugs worked out of their systems, this appears to be a restart. A lot of positive News on this stock....take a look.
- kt4000: $WMT making its move - buying back the $LABU I sold yesterday on the dip..... adding $AKAM, more $BXMT, $D, watching the $WORK I bought yesterday w/ tight stop
- kt4000: $WMT hit my sell stop of $112 great gain
- bRobert: @kt4000 $WMT Great play. Goosed with cheap calls
- bRobert: @tkcoretrader $ULTA Many quality retailers are printing nh's or close . eg $COST $DG . $WMT $TGT . $HD This will also. One of the best .
- tkcoretrader: @bRobert $ULTA $COST $DG $WMT $TGT $HD My kind of swing day with watching this stock.
- kt4000: added $MGI spec trade.... added more $IFRX, waiting for $WMT to top 110.00 then will add more added more $FB earlier, wished I would have quit thinking and bought $BABA yesterday
- billfumick: When I'm #long $WMT & $MCD calls? You know this market blows! lol
- bRobert: $UAL $90 swing trade target / partial profit/tight stop zone $COST nh $300 target Look for pb/bounce Quality retail has been working . ($WMT $TGT $ULTA $BURL $DG)
- bRobert: $COST $DG $WMT $TGT Retail strength. Not fancy. They just work.
- traderbren: $WMT -- looks like it needs a congestion / digestion period of this move. Sitting above the upper BB. Setting alerts at the 8 ema and 20d to check back later.
- Vhuante: @traderbren $WMT I was thinking the same. Im looking for a retest and bounce from the top of the channel it broke out of around $104. Looking at the weekly chart, this looks like a break out from a long term triangle formation.
- kt4000: added $WMT
- bRobert: @kt4000 $WMT $DG $COST nh's Quality retail doing very well
champ: @Mitchell $AXP $C $CMG $CVX $DHR $DNKN $FIVE $GLD $HCA $MSFT $NEE $PNW $PYPL $WMT $SPX ----
.......You keep #Predicting market direction but should be leaning to the positive side by now, not negative. You should be able to see that the markets have ...
- bRobert: @Mitchell $AXP $C $CMG $CVX $DHR $DNKN $FIVE $GLD $HCA $MSFT $NEE $PNW $PYPL $WMT $SPX A pullback/bounce in the $SPY would create a safe entry and construct a small reversal pattern with nh targets. Since that would benefit a large number of underweight investors, I would not be surprised if we continued to rally, frustrating the crowd. RSI has printed a higher high off the double bottom. The $VIX closed up over 2% yesterday. Call buyers expecting higher volatility/pullback. Rally not fully embraced.
- champ: @bRobert $AXP $C $CMG $CVX $DHR $DNKN $FIVE $GLD $HCA $MSFT $NEE $PNW $PYPL $WMT $SPX $SPY $VIX ---- Don'y really know what crowd would be frustrated, if the markets continue to rally...should really please traders and investors. A rally, will make t ...
$WMT - finally seeing a weekly close above major resistance at the $105 level
It was a strong finish to the week, as the S&P 500 closed 4%+ higher, printing a bullish engulfing candlestick (even eclipsed the range from 2 weeks ago). While this ...
- Bob G: @Mitchell $CBS $CHL $DHR $DEO $DKS $DNKN $EEM $GM $HCA $LYFT $UAA $UUP $V $WMT $XLNX Thank you for the update to all of these stocks. It is great insight to the moves that I for one would miss if it was not put in front of me by members like you! Thanks again.
- kt4000: took a small position in both $EHTH, $WMT
- traderbren: $WMT -- seeing some interest. Long a position from lower levels
- bRobert: @traderbren $WMT Nice consolidation/base Set up nicely for upside Not a barn burner
- 1winkie: @traderbren $WMT ascending triangle, breakout imminent
$WMT - new high for 2019 after today's 2% gain. On a weekly basis, a close above $105 would setup for additional gains this year.
$XLNX - there was an initial gap higher along with continuation, but shares ended the day lower ($110 is new current r ...
- debeers: $BOOT vs $M/$PVH/$JWN/$WMT-Last night the cEO of $PVH was on Mad Money explaining his dreadful shortfall and, the #! reason his stock was tanking was that international tourism has fallen off a cliff. So i thought i'd look to see how some popular sto ...
- bRobert: $W Still long (multi year) Trading around a core. Look at the WEEKLY Very profitable strategy Buy and hold 300% over 2+ years A very good employee. Does the heavy lifting while you ring the cash register. Internet sales booming here, $WMT others
$WMT, reports ER on 5/16/before, NP....and then we will get some real news, on real retail-sales.
However, Retail Sales numbers will be reported for the month of April on Wednesday, 5/15..
I'm now wondering why $WMT, picked the following day to re ...
- CraigReynolds: $OLLI -- Have position and looking to add if opportunity presents itself after tomorrow depending on Retail Sales numbers. Worth watching this company, may be opportunity. Earnings not until 6/4. Down yesterday but has held up prior day sell offs. Look at chart. According to Credit Suisse has target 103. They believe they could benefit from Tariff Anxiety in Retail Sector. Retail numbers for sector will be reported 5/15. $OLLI according to Credit Suisse could create closeout opportunities from others retail companies pain. $WMT will be another, they have earnings 5/16 and $COST earnings 5/30. These 3 companies seem to have ways according to news sources I have researched to benefit from tariffs anxieties, yes tariffs will effect but the are working there plan. Worth watching and listen for news on the hows.
- shoredriver: @CraigReynolds $OLLI $WMT $COST .... Earnings Whisper has $OLLI on 6/25...$COST is a LT hold. with a piece to trade.......
- CraigReynolds: @shoredriver $OLLI $WMT $COST Interesting TOS has 6/4; Ameritrade, part of TOS has 6/3. Earnings whisper is probably actuate. Thanks
- traderbren: $WMT - close to clearing the 8ema and may push higher now that the news - shipping vs. Amazon - is yesterday's news.
COTD: $NBEV – deal with $WMT. Likely to go higher.
$SPX – looking for a new high soon. Fed is engineering this.
$CSX – Phase 2 buy point with stop below middle BBand.
$NSC – be careful of this. Volume is not high enough.
- JBed: $WMT having its best day in a while, back above the 50MA. Long leap calls.
- captron: @JBed $WMT I gave up on this one last year. It does not like the thin air at high altitude, above the 100 mark for some reason. Probably a good swing trade.Good luck with your leaps.
- JBed: @JBed $DG As well as, bizarrely, some LEAP calls on $WMT that are up even though the stock is down about 1%.
- CraigReynolds: @JBed $DG $WMT Just saw Dan's post to reduce risk going into weekend. Have stops set and most positions are 2/3 way to be stopped out. Not sure what reducing risk means when stocks your in were working except for today.
- Forexpro: @CraigReynolds $DG $WMT Hi, CraigReynolds, I'm of course not Dan, but on days when the market appears to be turning in a negative way, it's sometimes worth at least considering booking some partial profits while they're still there rather than waiting to see if the hammer blow falls and the stops are hit. It's the urge to preserve profits that gets markets moving south in a significant way, and when that happens, last one to take 'em sometimes doesn't have 'em any more. Hope that life generally is treating you well; all the best!
- PRK: $WMT Just in case anyone owned Walmart stock between December of 2011 and July of 2012, I am filling out paper work for a litigation proceeding for shareholders in that time period. I can never figure these things out, but it says the recognized loss is the lesser of $2.67 per share or the purchase price minus $65.52 I usually hand this paper work in and it seems that about 2 or 3 years later I get a check. Some times it is a large check, but mostly it buys me a dinner. After doing all the paper work, it looks as though I purchased all the shares under the $65.52 price point, so I will probably not realize any litigation loss. The good news is that I still own these same shares so I am profitable.
- BocaRick: AMZN to open food markets, $KR $SFM $WMT down, #CNBC $AMZN
- champ: @bRobert $XRT $BURL $COST $DDS $TJX $DG $ULTA $BBY $WSM $RH $W $PLCE $ANF --- I agree but remember this stock has a #major reason, this is having a nice move into earnings....and could continue...the guess is, that they are going to beat just like $WMT and $TJX did.....that is the reason...to maybe pick this one, for a short-term move....ER run. However, I don't know about earnings on all the others.
Forexpro: Re: $WMT
I've seen better-looking daily charts, but $WMT is doing something, according to the WSJ, that I think is pretty smart: selling digital ads and access to the customer list to vendors in return for payments. Given that $WMT is ...
- bRobert: $TGT . small retest /flag . $WMT at a better valuation. $85 . mm target
- bRobert: $TGT squeeze out mm target $85 Retail pinball action from $WMT .earnings MM target $115
- Reif99: $MDT and $WMT report before the bell
....... Need $WMT, to report positive earnings in the morning or the markets could take a much needed rest and could even see, some take profits. The Holiday, really slowed everything down...momentum was halted.
- Lou: Watching a few positions for a breakout from Volatility Squeeze. I have positions to which I would like to add on confirmation of breakout - $CAKE $CELG $CVS $MSFT $V $WMT
$WMT was raised to Overweight from Equal Weight with a $110 target price at Morgan Stanley,
Tuesday’s top analyst calls included Altria, Electronic Arts, Embraer, Gap, Kinder Morgan, Netflix, Take-Two Interactive Software, Under Armour and ma ...
- bRobert: $CVS and $WMT . have made up after marriage counseling. Long $CVS
- champ: $ROKU...positive #News...that $WMT, is abandoning plans for #Video-Streaming-Service..
- Forexpro: @champ $ROKU $WMT #News #Video-Streaming-Service Thanks, Champ, There are a couple of heavier hitters on the way ($DIS, $AAPL, etc.). Dunno that $WMT was the biggest challenge looming out there. At least some of the buying enthusiasm seems to be due to $ROKU's announcement that it is removing Infowars from the platform. It had already been banned by $FB, $GOOGL (YouTube), $AAPL and $TWTR. A public relations nightmare prevented is a lot of Dollars cured. Hope you're doing well; all the best!
- champ: @Forexpro $ROKU $WMT $DIS $AAPL $FB $GOOGL $TWTR #News #Video-Streaming-Service --- That news about $WMT, was just posted...by CNBC...with Article...take a look. I'm still holding my investment position....and I get all the #News-Alert-post. I'm just posting the news for others...I'm holding a investment position because I believe this stock will #stream-up, at some point...that is my opinion. Take Care!
- debeers: $WMT/$AMZN-Sun Tzu once is reported to have said,"the enemy of my enemy is my friend." Part of his Art of War is that you team up with a traditional opponent against a common enemy. So it has now occurred with Walmart and Amazon against Ind ...
- traderbren: @debeers $WMT $AMZN - nice musings, especially the puppeteer reference of Liesman which is right on the money! ;-)
$WMT – big reversal
$GS – rebound.
$JPM – rebound
MDY – average volume. Given the short week, this is actually heavy volume.
$IWM – higher than average volume.
$DJT – big reversal.
$NDX – big reversal.
- vfr777: $WMT could Walmart be a buy at this point? 20day
- grcjr: @bigbartabs - for me I've got lots to look at following a 4 day weekend where I did not look at stocks. Maybe big movers ?? $AMZN, $WMT, $M, $TGT, $INTU, $NVDA, $CLF, $UTX, $WBA, $UNH, $AMD Hope you had a great weekend. Thanks for the posts.
- Kasey: $WMT, Why in the world isn't $WMT doing better today? Do you think it will one day soon?
- champ: @Kasey $WMT --- The news flow is negative and inside selling...and also because $TJX and $TGT both just guided lower ...is some of the news that I read.This has always been a slow mover...investors are waiting for positive news, on the stock before taking positions....and there are just too many other targets, to look at.
- Kasey: @champ $WMT $TJX $TGT Thank you @champ
- champ: @mopick $GOOS #News #Emerging-Growth-Stock-list #5th #Chinese-market #OnLine #OutDoor-and-Industrial-footwear--- I like #Ugly, the uglier it is, the better it is, for entries, it is all about #entry-timing. It is a stock-pickers market but all entrie ...
- DrScience: $XRT being dragged down by $JCP (1.25 above support) and $WMT (even though they beat most estimates). Hmmm.... starting to see a pattern?
- issues: Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway's $BRKB latest 13-F filing, showed a bigger stake in Apple $AAPL and purchased the following: $BAC $GS $DAL $TRV $JPM $STNE $GM (really Warren?? GM?) $USB ORCL. He sold $PSX $WFC $CHTR $AAL $LUV $WMT $SNY Apple Is Now 26% Of The Portfolio https://www.investors.com/news/warren-buffett-stocks-berkshire-hathway-q3-13f/
- champ: $XRT ...Retail Sales numbers will be released in the morning, for the month of October, along with $WMT earnings....these numbers will really move the sector. Place your bets, long or short....I'm holding a few long positions.
- issues: @champ $XRT $WMT Did you see Cramer's piece last night on how during the past 33 years if you buy retail $XRT or any other, on the 5th day before Thanksgiving (Thurs) and hold it for 10 days (with a stop $5 below where you buy it) you make money 33% of the time? He mentioned even $HD, $COST, $TGT, $KSS, etc. We hold $GOOS and $FL.
- bigbartabs: @issues $XRT $WMT $HD $COST $TGT $KSS $GOOS $FL ... Cramer... did you send him an email, asking how you are supposed to buy XRT on Saturday?
- champ: @debeers $LULU @ $138.50 and the $XRT is @ $48.00---- This looks positive to me, after that nice drop, that the stock had. $M reports ER tomorrow, in the AM. Also on Thursday morning,11/15... the U.S. Retail Sales numbers will be released for the mon ...
- grcjr: $WMT out just after 10:00AM EST. I'm not trusting much.
- champ: @grcjr $WMT ----- Know reason to ....watch $AAPL for market direction, we will see if the markets can hold this level.
- DrScience: @grcjr $WMT I think what @champ is trying to say is "No reason to trust the market." I'm short $IWM with DEC 156/161 BeCS from Friday, looking to add when this bounce fails, maybe around $153 VWAP. If we get some upward momentum, then 154.50 would be next resistance.
- bRobert: $DG . retail on the cheap . fave along with $BURL . $WMT (extended reports tomorrow) $ROST $TGT Great WEEKLY . with higher upside. Look for pullback/bounces closer to the 20/50d
$WMT – not buyable here...but running into earnings on 11/15
$ALRM – great short. Never thought it would fall this far...but most of the money was made by noon Thursday.
$TCMD – one of fastest growing companies. Great ...
- woodman: #Consumer Defensive/Cyclical stocks working again today, e.g. $OLLI $DLTR $M $DSW $ROST $DG $KSS $BOOT $SCVL $LB $PLCE $ULTA $MCD $WMT $TSCO $JWN ... you get the picture.
$WMT – running into earnings in 10 days.
$HCKT – Earnings tomorrow. I took profits on Friday. Maybe too soon, but I’m very risk averse now.
$PBYI – DCB trade...like WTW.
$MRK – Wouldn’t buy it here...but wouldn&rs ...
- alfred1939: $PG and $WMT (owned both of them for over 10 years) are strong and will continue to go up even if they end in the re today IMHO. Of course I don't know for certain.
$WMT – working well after a pause yesterday.
$ROST – Not a solid breakout. Supply at $100.
$CMG – coming out of a squeeze on decent volume over the past few days. But still generally rangebound.
$CRY – one ...
- JustJoe: $WMT a few pennys past resistance. :) I've got a full swing trade on.
- champ: @mopick $DJI #Traders-are-at-Work #3 On #Higher-Cost-Intrest rates and Inflation ---- #Inflation and #Cost always rise when the economy is growing...#always because wages are now just starting to climb because of the very positive jobs market, busin ...
- greenpatrol: $WMT triggered an inside week and up, yesterday, at $97.65.
- Reif99: $XRT (Retail) holding up. $OLLI $WMT $SCVL $JWN
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $WMT Walmart Inc.. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=WMT&clip=106862
$WMT – actually looks promising...but I would not be in it here. Alert $99
$ROKU – the short entry was on Wednesday...or perhaps Thursday morning.
$NOW – under distribution.
$NVDA – key breakdown
$ABMD – short this? E ...
- champ: $WMT --- HOD....reported positive news at a Investor Conference
- baronp0329: @champ $WMT Yes, WMT looks good. I got some Nov 95 calls this morning (mentioned by Bridget on OMM yesterday).
- baronp0329: @champ $DJI Already took profits on my $SPY Calls, $TNA, $FAS, $MSFT Calls, $WMT Calls. Hope the gains hold up though, better trading in upwards market. Good luck with your trades.
- JJT1: $WMT $PBH $ADTN $MOS $CF $BSX Looking for stocks that are consolidating with 50 day SMA rising through BB $WMT $PBH or have been in uptrend and pulled back to 50 day for support $BSX $CF $MOS $ADTN
- champ: $DJI @ 26,773 ---- The #Retail-Sector looks like a bomb was dropped on it today...but the markets look positive (the $DJI) but small-caps are getting kill also....and the Retail stocks ($XRT) are shell shocked....and to think... that I was really pos ...
- bRobert: @champ $DJI $XRT $SFIX $AMZN $WMT $TGT $CopyCat #Retail-Sector I don't anything is so wrong with retail. There are many explanations being offered by the pundits but probably just rotation and profit taking . Many names have had tremendous runs. With some near term headwinds, it's very reasonable to ring the register and shift into other areas which have more upside and offer better values.
- champ: @riskmanager $GOOS $LULU $DLTH $PVH $TGT #Retail-Sector-Holiday-Shopping-Season...and the #economy-is-extremly-storng --- I really like $TGT and it is finally starting to move, started in July. It is a large retailer and they have food supplies also ...
- mopick: $WMT, any thoughts on this chart? Longer-term chart, looks like a cup n handle. $94 looks to be support from previous gap up.
- grcjr: @Wykeman $AMZN ... upgrade by Wells Fargo. Forecasts $AMZN will become the top US apparel seller. Was second largest in 2017 behind $WMT. Down a bit at this time. Looks to be testing support at the 20dma.
- traderbren: $WMT and $NKE - looking constructive given the tape today.
- DrScience: $WMT hitting a new low for the day, about to eclipse Friday's low. Stay short... Another 3 bucks to retest the breakout, and after a blowout quarterly report, price targets in the 105/115 range, the 200 DMA would be a nice place to start a long position. Wait for the bounce, though, as $85ish is much better support, and $81ish would be as low as I'd like the stock to go before taking a Long Call position into the MAR 2019 expiration.
- CraigReynolds: @bRobert $ZUO $FB $CRM $WMT Your advice is a great help to along with all your posts. Would love to see your set-ups, how you stay on top of so many. I follow about a dozen stocks and the ETF for all stocks and can't even keep up with moves and so on. Trying to reduce to on a few I'm trading but miss so many others that are better than what I'm watching. Thank you again, your a great SMM member for four helps.
- bRobert: @CraigReynolds $ZUO $FB $CRM $WMT My pleasure. I do post many/most of my set ups. I follow many stocks but have most of my capital concentrated in a few. The best of the best. I post quite a few, but am unable to participate in many of them d ...
- bRobert: $ZUO Always easier if you have decent profits coasting into earnings .after a big run into earnings. After big run most/all of the good news has been baked in eg . $FB $CRM breaking out into earnings. Not as clear with $ZUO. Reduce exposure. Take some profits. Hedge . Convert stock to call spreads. Pulls out profits and defines risk. Collars. Buy put/put spread and sell upside calls to finance. I did this with $FB along with rolling up calls to higher call spreads and reducing the number of open positions. Reduces catastrophic risk. $FB puts were very cheap and really ramped up post earnings. Option market estimates move partially based on historical data. Big upside/downside surprises , short interest, market conditions can seriously amplify the move . eg $WMT
|Stock Price||$USD 119.24|
Wal-Mart Stores Inc operates retail stores in various formats under 69 banners. Its operations comprise three reportable business segments: Walmart U.S., Walmart International and Sam's Club.Request Video of WMT
Already a member? Sign in here.
- November 14th, 2019 - 2020 Q3 Earnings
- $USD 5.94 29.11%
- $USD 19.92 28.90%
- $USD 22.05 27.43%
- $USD 10.82 -36.33%
- $USD 7.49 -23.67%
- $USD 5.79 -23.17%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 65,300 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (65,300) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!