AK Steel Holding Corporation (NYSE:AKS)
Old Forum Content for AKSMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- woodman: #Steel looking weak. I have $NUE which is hanging on sideways, but I don't like the looks of some others and would think NUE will follow. $X looks about as weak as NUE, and $AKS looks weaker than both.
- bwcarnation1: @woodman $NUE $X $AKS #Steel I put my stop just below today's low since it is now below 50d and I agree sector not looking good
- cmac: Citi downgrade of steel sector sure is a buzzkill. Yesterday's bounce off the 50sma looked encouraging $X $NUE $AKS $STLD. Watching close to see what happens - no positions
- issues: @cmac $X $NUE $AKS $STLD I think it's a temporary hit. Not much more. I bought these: $STLD $NUE $UBNT $MCHP. Yes I did my due diligence and I have a lotta faith that they are winners no matter what some "expert" says. Sometime the stocks with the lower ratings do the best because they aren't expected to go up. Look at $CLVS (reduce on AMTD) & $NFLX & $CSX (are rated a hold for some time - they should have been buy rated.)
- tigerjohn8: @woodman $NUE Woodman, any idea what happened at 11:00 today????? $NUE and $AKS (maybe others) flew up. Thanks
- bwcarnation1: $NUE, $X, $AKS all running higher
- woodman: @tigerjohn8 $NUE $AKS $XME - I don't know. Metals and miners up across the board today.
- woodman: @bwcarnation1 $NUE $X $AKS Good day for metals and miners. $XME generally.
- TRICIA: $CENX up with $AKS
- bwcarnation1: @woodman $NUE $X $AKS $XME yes they are all moving including $AA
- issues: @TRICIA $CENX $AKS Tric is that really you? Are you back? Ms bio Queen!! One of our favorites !! We have great expectations for you.
- jja2: $AKS strong reversal after 3 down days. Moving toward the top of its trading range of about $11.11
- Raos: @Esther $VALE Don't know about your concern .. but I too picked up some $9 Call options. Today was a good day for Steel stocks in general. Not only for $VALE, but $AKS and $CLF
- Sher: $BX – Whew! Wild ride on this one – Long Jan. $29 calls with average cost/share of $1.20 – On 12-30-16, the closing price on these was $.14, but the daily chart reflected a definitive 'hammer' candlestick, signaling a 'long-awaited' reversal - Current ask is $1.54 (HOD @ $1.69). $AKS – Added to long Jan. $10 call position @ $.95, resulting in ave. cost per share of $1.10 – Position finally back in the green. $T – BTO Jan. $42 calls, yesterday, @ $1.02 – Added, today, @ $.83 for ave. cost/share of $.94 – Have really botched trading this one by exiting prior call positions w-a-y too early – Made decent profits, but left literal thousands on the table. $MSFT – Getting clobbered on Jan. $62.50 call position, despite fact the stock is currently trading @ $62.41 – Obviously overpaid for calls, mid-Dec. – Agonizing slow bleed since - 20-day definitely needs to hold...
- Bridget: Notes: Pharmaceuticals were showing promise today: $ABBV $SGYP $INSY $GWPH $GILD $AKRX $ABT Steel/Copper also seeing a surge: $FCX $X $MT $AKS $STLD Stocks on the move: $ANET - solid breakout on high volume $NRF - continues on volume $LVLT - watch for a pullback tomorrow $ABC - downtrend is certainly broken $PYPL - working, now holding above the 50MA $WTW - After seeing about 2 weeks of higher volume, this is now breaking higher. New years resolution surge $RRR - #ipo new all time high, coming out of consolidation $SCHW - this bank stock is pushing higher, ER on 1/18. no news I could find $F - two big days of movement, all auto stocks up today on sales report
- issues: @Bridget $ABBV $SGYP $INSY $GWPH $GILD $AKRX $ABT $FCX $X $MT $AKS $STLD $ANET $NRF $LVLT $ABC $PYPL $WTW $RRR $SCHW $F #ipo Thanks Bridget. Added to ABBV and XME.
- Robert1965: $X $AKS $PBR all up $X 5% $PBR 7% $AKS 3% anyone add to these
- Sher: $PBR - Added to Jan. $10 call position @ $.48 - "Buy down" trade - Trying to bail myself out of this one... $WFM – Back in with Jan. $32 calls @ $1.15 – Regretting closing my Jan. $31 call position, yesterday… $AKS – BTO Jan. $10 calls @ $1.25 – Building R. side of cup. $FCX – BTO Jan. $13 calls @ $1.45 – Think temporary bottom in on 12-19-16 – Will stay in as long as stock stays above 5-day MA on daily chart.
- JJT1: @Sher $WFM $AKS $FCX If $AKS breaks 11 then should be P&F Double Top Breakout, strong bullish move.
- Sher: @JJT1 $WFM $AKS $FCX - Yeah!
- woodman: @debeers $X $TECK $S - I like $X and steel. I bought $NUE today. Also worthy of a look are $AKS $STLD $TMST . I also restarted a position in $TECK, but small on TECK b/c I don't think we can totally trust it rhrn. I am a little concerned of a fakeout/rollover until it regains the 50d. But, still, I started a position.
- Aragorn: $AIRG breaking below the 8ema weekly today this is a short now breaking thru horizontal support and below the 50 daily as well let me know if anyone has a good buy area. I suspect back to 12 and it will definitely get buyers in $X daily hammer up at the 8ema $NUE - forming an inside day below the 8ema tomorrow may be the buy signal $AKS hammer up daily $STLD back above the 8ema daily $CLF back abve the 8ema 12ema support $RS also forming an inside day but above the 8ema now
- phgruver: @GOOSE $CLF well, $XME, $X, $NUE, $AKS were all down as I typed this. It just looks like a controlled pullback in the metals. They may have gotten a bit ahead of themselves.
- DAN: $X $NUE $STLD $CLF $AKS -- I see the steel stocks pulling back. As I look at the weekly charts of several steel stocks, they appear to have spiked to an extreme and the upward momentum isn't sustainable. Hold on to them if you like. I'm just remarking on the strength of the recent move, and the 3-day reversal pattern on the charts. Wednesday had a big day within a very mature move. Thursday gapped up and then closed down just a bit from Wednesday's close. Today many of these stocks are down more than 3%. I think these go lower.
- bnnybklyn: @DAN $X $NUE $STLD $CLF $AKS I see $XME went 5.5% lower on 11/28-11/29 and then went higher, could it just rebound or do you think this is something more ?
- cmaxwel1: @DAN $X $NUE $STLD $CLF $AKS My $xme stopped out at Christmas party, thanks for words of caution 😀
- bnnybklyn: @DAN $X $NUE $STLD $CLF $AKS Out of $XME, if it bounces back I can buy on the way back up. Took a nice profit and I'm fine with that for now.
- cmaxwel1: @bnnybklyn $X $NUE $STLD $CLF $AKS $XME (anytime you exit with a profit you are a winner). You now have money to put back in at a lower basis.
10. $DB – mentioned this yesterday. Not too late to buy….as long as you’re protecting the position.
11. $NTRS -- -- broke out of flag. Target is $93.
12. $SOXL – oversold rebound. Some semi ...
- Robert1965: @Bridget, $X, $AKS, Looking for a entry point, I don't see any. What are you looking at on these
- Bridget: @Robert1965 $X $AKS These are really tough to get into now. Friday was your entry point after 4 days of consolidation and then a move higher. I would not be buying today.
10. $AKS – strong move on volume. Use trailing stops. (Show how).
11. $X – working
12. $STLD – note increasing volume.
13. $CLF – breaking out of C&H.
14. $AA – Alert $32.20
15. $AMZN – bottom looks like i ...
- mvdenapoles: looking to get into Steel. Anyone have a good idea for a price target on $AKS or $VALE ?
- Robert1965: $X, $AKS, $ VALE, all up near all time highs, anyone buying got stopped out both positions on 11/29
- Bridget: @Robert1965 $X $AKS I so am tempted but I'll wait till next week.
- mvdenapoles: $VALE + $AKS --- Good buying ops? Or need more time to rest?
- DAN: @mvdenapoles $VALE $AKS extended. I think they need more rest.
- Aragorn: Steel names some profit taking today added to yesterdays red candles. $ X $AKS $NUE $CLF $VALE all trading down. Maybe the beginning of a retracement from these huge moves made all year and since he Trump rally began as well
- rem2088: @Aragorn $AKS $NUE $CLF $VALE I have some nice profits in $NUE dec options and $FCX stock - I'm thinking it might be time to hit the cash register.
- Aragorn: @rem2088 $AKS $NUE $CLF $VALE $FCX at least protect but not a bad idea
- tnt: $ARCH If you missed the run in steel names like $X $AKS you can buy $ARCH here which is the largest met coal producer in America and hasn't really run yet. I see $100 in next couple months
- Robert1965: $X anyone adding to this and $AKS, $Vale, $CLF
- mvdenapoles: Too late to enter $AKS ? I've been wanting to enter but now it seems like I would be chasing. Any suggestions on entry points?
- champ: @mvdenapoles $AKS - I have been watching it all morning....and $SLX.... this is the 4th day and now it's holding.
- Bridget: @mvdenapoles $AKS You would most definitely be chasing. Either start with only a VERY small position just to keep your attention but then wait for a pullback.
- stevef214: $XME $X $AKS $FCX metals all up at or above 3 std dev BB. Conventional play would be to wait for pull back but this market is certainly not conventional. I have been wanting to get into this space but as of now I just can't pull the trigger and then again I have FOMO.
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $AKS AK Steel Holding Corporation. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=AKS&clip=77555
- Bridget: $AKS also making a solid move higher
- eaglEye: @Bridget $AKS Yes, metals you are right. I have been hiding out in $NUGT and $JNUG, Everything else just chop and I have burned my fingers, shouda just been satisfied with metal trade and studied charts., But $LABD was the one today, missed it altogether
- indigo1948: @eaglEye $AKS $NUGT $JNUG $LABD - also take a look at STLD
$FCX / $X / $AKS - steel holding up
$NKE - starting to form a base
$AMGN - big fall to previous support
$ANIP - breaking down
$WB - starting to turn over, toppy
$PBH- breaking lower
$FXI - break down, pullback, now moving lower
- Bridget: $AKS opened at $5 today and is holding. Thinking about adding here.
- stairm01: @Bridget $AKS $CLF gapped down as well and I added this morning, but too early.
- FHS: @Bridget $AKS I had wondered at the steep decline this morning, especially after favorable earnings and an upgrade. Then I read of a 65 million share offering at 4.90. I have no position and will wait for confirmation tomorrow, which makes me perhaps a bit late but so it goes.. What do you think about the offering? Cheers.
- EasyOut: $AKS had Earnings report before market. TOS reports 0.129(est) with 0.21(actual). Currently up 9+%. Finviz says short float is 29.2%. CC at 10am
- Bridget: Some metal stocks are moving $AKS, $FCX, $CLF, $X. I started a small position in $AKS. Will look to add on a pullback and sell calls against it if it rises.
- GaVaHokie: @Bridget $AKS $FCX $CLF $X Would buying $X, hoping for an earnings run, make sense with $AKS and $SCHN beats?
- Bridget: @GaVaHokie $AKS $FCX $CLF $X $SCHN I never advise buying a stock right before earnings "hoping" for it to pop. You can, but know that it is just speculation.
- mepcc1: @Bridget $AKS $FCX $CLF $X $SCHN Thanks @Bridget - answers my question re EW!!
- traderbren: $X - nice pop on $X this morning on the back of $AKS and $SCHN reports, but $X has since fallen back.
- Bridget: Notes: $AKS, $FCX, $CLF, $X, $XME - Steel stocks made a move today but then pulled back. False breakout or just giving us a better entry? Not sure yet. $CLVS - right at support $GHL - bullish engulfing candle and reversal $CWEI - huge reversal and new high $EDU - gap and run to new high $PG - gap but right back into resistance $RTN - rising going into earnings after LMT's big jump, I'm playing a quick earnings trade $STX - still looking toppy $ABMD - breaking down $PVH - breaking down $EW - breaking down $S - breaking down $GBX - shot across the bow $JPEP and $MON - both are trading below the expected buyout prices $GLW, $SHW, $MMM, $HD - all these well performing stocks are showing weakness today Falling knife - $SONC , $JACK, $MHK, $CYNO, $STS, $MAS
- stevef214: $AKS $X Out of $AKS for small loss. Holding $X and watching small gain and watching to add.
- barabros: hey guys any thoughts on $BBRY, $AKS, $BMY??? thx
DAN: @barabros $BBRY $AKS $BMY
BMY -- likely going lower. I think it's a risky buy right now. You'd be buying a falling knife.
AKS -- no real trend here, but if the stock breaks above $5.20 or so, that would be great. But I think it is very very ambi ...
- barabros: Thank you!!!@DAN $BBRY $AKS $BMY
- Rasta: Watching metals $X $CLF $AKS for recovery. $AKS bounced nicely off 200DMA
- lostsheep: $DXY - critical level for the dollar. If we lose this level I could see this falling back 3 pts to retest the 91.5 level. Draghi helping the Feds inability to raise rates keep the pressure on. #oil, commodities worth watching if the weakness continues. #steel- not exactly the place to be but the sector looks ripe for a short term bounce.$CLF, $X, $AKS etc. $SWN - is today the breakthrough day? Just thinking, Have a great day
- stevef214: @lostsheep $DXY $CLF $X $AKS $SWN #oil #steel- I have been bidding for SWN for two days. It is a Dan Dicker recommendation.
- debeers: $AKS/$X/$STLD-Halftime report: AKS + 1.09%, $X -.48%, $STLD 2.42%. $STLD-Think steel used for appliances. Long $STLD
- Bilbo: $AKS $X Steel not doing well today. $AKS broken below 50MA and $X testing 50MA
- debeers: $AKS-what we learned from the $HD call is that their top selling segment is appliances.$AKS-Produces high strength, low carbon flat-rolled steel and aluminum coated stainless steel for the automotive, appliance, construction and manufacturing markets. What we learned from the $HD call was that their very top market was appliances and that's for what flat rolled steel is used. Before heavy infra and roads are housing and cars. That is the natural progression.
- debeers: $AKS-the sheet steel used in appliances seems like a good value to me and the stock is cooperating by reversing to the upside. Financial problems are now behind it as they already had their "come to Jesus" quarter last year and decided to take their financial structure seriously.
- stevef214: @debeers $AKS $CLF also had a nice bounce of the 50DMA today and $X is now up for the day. Maybe $XME is coming back to life.
- lostsheep: $AKS - bounced within a penny of the 7/18 breakout level.phase 3? Wish it were closer to their 50 day
- EasyOut: @DAN $DJUSST $X $VALE $STLD $CLF Also $AKS is doing well. Earnings were before market today with .08 (actual) with -0.043(est).
- stairm01: $X $STLD $AKS $STLD - I haven't seen any post on the steel stocks today. Many are showing a Hammer candlestick after a two or three day reversal from the top. Good place to start a position again, or add.
- woodman: @stairm01 $X $STLD $AKS - Add $TMST to your list. Recently broke out of consolidation, now pulled back to test that breakout with a big hammer right off the old resistance line which looks like new support now.
- olveoyl: @stairm01 $X $STLD $AKS Another stock to add ...$ZEUS
- PhilHarmonic: @stairm01 $X $STLD $AKS $XME The metals ETF is down for a few days. My copper, gold, and platinums stocks following suit. Healthy pullback prior to new gains.
- Trixie: @PhilHarmonic $X $STLD $AKS $XME Yeah was just looking at this hammer ont he $XME thinking this could be close to add territory.. Or does it come closer to the base it b/o of a little bit ago.. say 25ish..
- DAN: Precious metals are doing well. Metals in general, actually. $AKS $AG $CDE $SLW $NEM -- all hitting new highs. $CYNO (not a metal...but one that we've been holding) is breaking out, as dickensg just mentioned.
- stevef214: @Bridget $XME $FCX $AA $GLD $SLV $X You can add $AKS to the list
- mvdenapoles: Does anyone believe the #steel stocks are in a rollover? Specifically $AKS $CLF $X?
- inthesticks: @arthur IMHO @DAN is right ... $CLF held the 50MA yesterday and now is below the 100MA after its 14%+ dive ... look at action on $STLD, $POT, $MON, $AKS ... among others..
- FHS: @Chris_P $AKS Offering 52 million shares caught me also. I have no position. Still extended above the 50ma. But now might be...? Cogitating. Cheers.
- woodman: $AKS pulled back this morning on its announced secondary offering. The 5% is a blip given this one's overall rise. The drop simply brings it back to support around the 21dEMA. I added to mine.
- Aragorn: $XME the place to be - $ FCX $AKS $SLV
- DAN: $CLF $AKS $DJUSST -- Gang, the steel stocks are still working.
On March 2, the US threw the red flag and hit China with a 266% Anti-dumping penalty. Score one for "Made In USA" as US Steel jumped 55%, $AKS popped 42%, and $NUE rose 9% -- over the next three days. Steel bears jumped on the run-up, thin ...
- mvdenapoles: Whats going on in the Steel Stocks? $AKS $CLF $X?
- glens13: @mvdenapoles $AKS $CLF $X - profit taking with opex tomorrow - probably
- woodman: @mvdenapoles $AKS $CLF $X Catching their breath I think.
- inthesticks: @mvdenapoles $AKS $CLF $X Gold, materials, and mining taking a breather too ... ex. $AUY $TCK $NUGT $NEM ... yada yada
- woodman: $AKS - out of weekly flag. 200 week ma looms above.
- woodman: @woodman $AKS I meant "up" and out of weekly flag. I'm still long but this move above the top BB at 3 standard deviations on the daily "shouldn't" last.
- woodman: $AKS - Long this, using the weekly chart as my focus. Coming out of pennant on the weekly view. 200 week looms above though.
- SADL: @woodman $AKS Also long in $AKS since yesterday. Stop at entry price
- Kid2old: $aks @mvdenapoles see woodman's comment
- mvdenapoles: @Kid2old $aks Thank you, currently have a nice position going to let it ride.
- mvdenapoles: Does anyone have any advice on $AKS
|Stock Price||$USD 6.72|
AK Steel Holding Corporation is a producer of flat-rolled carbon, stainless and electrical steels, and tubular products through its wholly owned subsidiary, AK Steel Corporation.Request Video of AKS
Already a member? Sign in here.
- Technical Breakout: AK Steel Holding (NYSE:AKS)By Josh September 10th, 2013
- April 25th, 2017 - 2017 Q1 Earnings
- $USD 9.87 8.45%
- $USD 5.18 7.00%
- $USD 35.37 2.52%
- $USD 15.68 -13.74%
- $USD 7.69 -11.18%
- $USD 30.42 -11.13%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 46,600 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (46,600) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!