AK Steel Holding Corporation (NYSE:AKS)
Old Forum Content for AKSMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- debeers: $AKS-Well, the expectations were finally ratcheted down far enough so it beat. Go figure.
- tejas7: Metals- especially Steel sector $AKS $TECK $FCX
- Nepenthe: @traderbren $X $AKS You could add AKS to the group also. High volume, running into the 100ma, at which point I took some off. If it holds above, I'll add, until the next level of resistance at the 200ma. Happy trading.
- champ: $CLF $AKS #new positions on the open......Day trades for now but I would like to swing part.....and watching others in the sector
- spmeyers: $AKS long downtrend looks to be decisively broken; I may try to play the new channel that's forming
- audrina0904: @spmeyers $AKS $CLF looks to be in same boat, overtook the 50dma on heavy volume today...has also pushed through the upper bollinger band, something that has not happened in months.
- stevef214: @audrina0904 $AKS $CLF Long $CLF Aug $5 calls on 6/20. Now back in black and looking to add but XME gave a false move back in beginning of June so watching closly.
- Sher: Just FYI - Steel Upgrades: Multiple steel names are also trading to the upside after Longbow Research analyst Chris Olin gets positive on the sector: $X (+ $0.91 to $21.07): Longbow upgrades to “Buy” from “Neutral” and puts a $30.00 price target on the stock; calls are outnumbering puts 6:1 with the June 23rd 21.50 call getting the most attention from traders (volume is 5,482). $NUE ( $2.01 to $56.93): Longbow upgrades to “Buy” from “Neutral” and puts a $66.00 price target on the stock; calls are outnumbering puts 7:1 with the July 21st 57.50 call being the most actively traded contract (volume is 690). $AKS ( $0.27 to $6.26): Longbow upgrades to “Buy” from “Neutral” and puts a $10.00 price target on the stock;; calls are outnumbering puts 8:1 with the July 21st 7.00 call leading the way (volume is 5,684).
- DrScience: $AKS Big bet in JUL 8 Calls... 50K bought on the ask (.10) in three tranches this morning. Somebody thinks there's upside. Or... a seller got a really good deal. :-)
Materials are making a comeback based on news of regulations on imported steel. $X $AKS $NUE
Banks/financials are doing well today $KRE $MS $C $SCHW
Oil / Energy stocks are still the laggard
Chinese stocks rallied then sold off $JD $WB $SINA $YY $ED ...
- bigbartabs: $SLX $X $CLF $AKS $STLD $MT ... well, looks like the rebound in steel has been stole.
- lostsheep: @bigbartabs $SLX $X $CLF $AKS $STLD $MT #oil pretty big red candle here as well. Another commodity down in the face of a weaker dollar?
- Remington: @lostsheep $SLX $X $CLF $AKS $STLD $MT #oil feels to me ,, run up to political noise on china adnd steel then sell the news, consolidate and go from there, up down dunno but i, holding $CLF from last year gonna leave it for next year. LT for me did add a bit in the 6s
- woodman: @bigbartabs $SLX $X $CLF $AKS $STLD $MT - KER-SPLAT! https://static1.squarespace.com/static/539f83d5e4b0992c68a132f3/53fb77b5e4b0a52701b5bf82/53fb78d5e4b0ce4d05e8a07d/1408989400824/kersplat2.jpg
$AKS/ $X / $NUE / $CLF / $XME - metals seeing a bounce today on infrastructure spending
$EXAS - at a good buy point
$LOW - heading lower before earnings tomorrow, sell into any strength tomorrow
- spmeyers: $AKS setting up to short at the 20-day
PRICE ACTION: Shares of most companies related to the industrial metals group are all sharply down, with U.S. Steel ($X) down 9.3%, Nucor ($NUE) falling 3.65%, and AK Steel ($AKS) down 6.2%. Aluminum names are also falling, with Alcoa ($AA) down 3.3 ...
- DrScience: $AKS off 8.5%, back down to test the 200 DMA @ $7. Possible hotdog pattern for tomorrow.
- mradams0621: $AKS any thoughts? From the Fly: theflyonthewall.com: Rumor: AK Steel moves higher amid renewed takeover speculation AK Steel moves higher amid renewed takeover speculation - Traders are attributing the move higher in shares of AK Steel (AKS) to renewed speculation of a takeover. The conjecture has Mitsui & Co as the interested suitor. The Fly, in fulfilling its mission of explaining stock movement, often comes across the many unconfirmed rumors being passed through trading desks and social media platforms. On the occasion that rumors or speculation appear on The Fly's news feed, it should be viewed not as giving credence to the conjecture, rather as simply highlighting its impact on the stock prices of the companies involved. Shares of up 3%, or $23c, to $7.06 in morning trading. :theflyonthewall
- spmeyers: steel shorts are working for the weaker guys ($AKS $SCHN)
- spmeyers: steel melt; took some $AKS short, as this is one of the weaker charts in steel
- woodman: #Steel - working today. $TMST (np), whoa! $X (np) of course. $AKS (np) moving up from a big pullback. I have $NUE and $WOR. WOR interests me because it seems to be starting to work it's way out a multi-week base. But volume has been weak.
- traderbren: $AMZN - cleared $846 $AKS -- getting a bid this AM.
- tradeforfamily: $ASIX $NTCT $DRD $AKS These are stocks working for me today.
- tradeforfamily: $AKS Is on the move.
- kcar21966: @tradeforfamily $AKS they mentioned on halftime that a bunch of the $9 calls expiring next week were being bought
- tradeforfamily: $AKS Why is this did not jump as much as $X or $CLF? thanks
- Remington: @tradeforfamily $AKS $X $CLF just downgraded at Morgan
- Remington: @tradeforfamily $AKS $X $CLF $AKS down to equal from outperform PT $11
- tradeforfamily: @Remington $AKS $X $CLF Thanks to you both. I should have check but it looks like it is making a coming now as we type.
- woodman: #Steel names that interest me b/c they've been beaten down and/or have decent room to move higher still: $AKS $WOR $CMC $SCHN. Maybe $NUE too. $X is always a possibility, as it moves out of a v/s, but it's run more than I like already.
- traderbren: $AKS - seeing continued buying interest. Took a trade this AM
- DrScience: $AKS the $8-level finally showing stress cracks. I'm short with MAR 8/9 BeCS and MAR 11/12 BeCS on 1/24 earnings intra-day reversal.
- Rasta: @DrScience $AKS miserably long, and holding.
- DrScience: @Rasta $AKS Note that $X reported good earnings, hit the 50 DMA on the open, and has fallen 2 bucks. Trying to stabilize at yesterday's low. A break below is a short IMO.
- rem2088: @issues $XME $CLF $VALE $X $FCX $TECK Well - I am probably the last person you'd want to ask for insight :) I had profits in $VALE and decided 10.65 ish was the line in the sand. $TECK still seems really strong to me, it is holding up pretty well ...
- rem2088: @rem2088 $XME $CLF $VALE $X $FCX $TECK $AKS Looks like I sold at the bottom this morning. Always a nice feeling lol
- traderbren: $AKS - and other steel names; $NUE, $X, etc -- keep an eye on these names today as $AKS is trading up in the pre-mkt.
- EasyOut: @traderbren $AKS $NUE $X TOS says $AKS had earnings report this morning before market. $0.069(est) with $0.25(act). CC is at 10 AM
- debeers: @EasyOut $AKS $NUE $X -That's what is pushing steels up. The Citi analyst panned all the steels except for $STLD. Of course, he was wrong, wrong, and oh, yes, wrong. I like $NUE in the early cycle steel sector and later, if we ever get bridge repair/rebuild $X.
- sgiseller: @traderbren $AKS $NUE $X $AKS just did a 12% flip to the downside
- Forexpro: @sgiseller $AKS $NUE $X Trump signs order that says if pipelines built in US should use American steel
- Robert1965: $X $AKS anyone seeing short in these stock
- DrScience: @Robert1965 $X $AKS Blog note from Barron's saying it's time to take profits... Tariffs on China steel imports helped, and both companies raised prices last year. But, Axiom's Gordon Johnson has been saying Sell!, Sell!, Sell! since the stocks topped out in December. The takeaway from $AKS conference call was a slowing of shipments to automotive plants, and cash flow being hurt. If auto demand falls, both stocks will be further pinched, regardless of administration mandates of steel made in America.
- woodman: $AKS - is the market's reaction to AKS earnings today a bad omen for next #Steel stocks in line? That's a nasty candle. $X and $NUE next week. On the other hand, the market is loving $ATI (aluminum).
- woodman: #Steel looking weak. I have $NUE which is hanging on sideways, but I don't like the looks of some others and would think NUE will follow. $X looks about as weak as NUE, and $AKS looks weaker than both.
- bwcarnation1: @woodman $NUE $X $AKS #Steel I put my stop just below today's low since it is now below 50d and I agree sector not looking good
- cmac: Citi downgrade of steel sector sure is a buzzkill. Yesterday's bounce off the 50sma looked encouraging $X $NUE $AKS $STLD. Watching close to see what happens - no positions
- issues: @cmac $X $NUE $AKS $STLD I think it's a temporary hit. Not much more. I bought these: $STLD $NUE $UBNT $MCHP. Yes I did my due diligence and I have a lotta faith that they are winners no matter what some "expert" says. Sometime the stocks with the lower ratings do the best because they aren't expected to go up. Look at $CLVS (reduce on AMTD) & $NFLX & $CSX (are rated a hold for some time - they should have been buy rated.)
- tigerjohn8: @woodman $NUE Woodman, any idea what happened at 11:00 today????? $NUE and $AKS (maybe others) flew up. Thanks
- bwcarnation1: $NUE, $X, $AKS all running higher
- woodman: @tigerjohn8 $NUE $AKS $XME - I don't know. Metals and miners up across the board today.
- woodman: @bwcarnation1 $NUE $X $AKS Good day for metals and miners. $XME generally.
- TRICIA: $CENX up with $AKS
- bwcarnation1: @woodman $NUE $X $AKS $XME yes they are all moving including $AA
- issues: @TRICIA $CENX $AKS Tric is that really you? Are you back? Ms bio Queen!! One of our favorites !! We have great expectations for you.
- jja2: $AKS strong reversal after 3 down days. Moving toward the top of its trading range of about $11.11
- Raos: @Esther $VALE Don't know about your concern .. but I too picked up some $9 Call options. Today was a good day for Steel stocks in general. Not only for $VALE, but $AKS and $CLF
- Sher: $BX – Whew! Wild ride on this one – Long Jan. $29 calls with average cost/share of $1.20 – On 12-30-16, the closing price on these was $.14, but the daily chart reflected a definitive 'hammer' candlestick, signaling a 'long-awaited' reversal - Current ask is $1.54 (HOD @ $1.69). $AKS – Added to long Jan. $10 call position @ $.95, resulting in ave. cost per share of $1.10 – Position finally back in the green. $T – BTO Jan. $42 calls, yesterday, @ $1.02 – Added, today, @ $.83 for ave. cost/share of $.94 – Have really botched trading this one by exiting prior call positions w-a-y too early – Made decent profits, but left literal thousands on the table. $MSFT – Getting clobbered on Jan. $62.50 call position, despite fact the stock is currently trading @ $62.41 – Obviously overpaid for calls, mid-Dec. – Agonizing slow bleed since - 20-day definitely needs to hold...
- Bridget: Notes: Pharmaceuticals were showing promise today: $ABBV $SGYP $INSY $GWPH $GILD $AKRX $ABT Steel/Copper also seeing a surge: $FCX $X $MT $AKS $STLD Stocks on the move: $ANET - solid breakout on high volume $NRF - continues on volume $LVLT - watch for a pullback tomorrow $ABC - downtrend is certainly broken $PYPL - working, now holding above the 50MA $WTW - After seeing about 2 weeks of higher volume, this is now breaking higher. New years resolution surge $RRR - #ipo new all time high, coming out of consolidation $SCHW - this bank stock is pushing higher, ER on 1/18. no news I could find $F - two big days of movement, all auto stocks up today on sales report
- issues: @Bridget $ABBV $SGYP $INSY $GWPH $GILD $AKRX $ABT $FCX $X $MT $AKS $STLD $ANET $NRF $LVLT $ABC $PYPL $WTW $RRR $SCHW $F #ipo Thanks Bridget. Added to ABBV and XME.
- Robert1965: $X $AKS $PBR all up $X 5% $PBR 7% $AKS 3% anyone add to these
- Sher: $PBR - Added to Jan. $10 call position @ $.48 - "Buy down" trade - Trying to bail myself out of this one... $WFM – Back in with Jan. $32 calls @ $1.15 – Regretting closing my Jan. $31 call position, yesterday… $AKS – BTO Jan. $10 calls @ $1.25 – Building R. side of cup. $FCX – BTO Jan. $13 calls @ $1.45 – Think temporary bottom in on 12-19-16 – Will stay in as long as stock stays above 5-day MA on daily chart.
- JJT1: @Sher $WFM $AKS $FCX If $AKS breaks 11 then should be P&F Double Top Breakout, strong bullish move.
- Sher: @JJT1 $WFM $AKS $FCX - Yeah!
- woodman: @debeers $X $TECK $S - I like $X and steel. I bought $NUE today. Also worthy of a look are $AKS $STLD $TMST . I also restarted a position in $TECK, but small on TECK b/c I don't think we can totally trust it rhrn. I am a little concerned of a fakeout/rollover until it regains the 50d. But, still, I started a position.
- Aragorn: $AIRG breaking below the 8ema weekly today this is a short now breaking thru horizontal support and below the 50 daily as well let me know if anyone has a good buy area. I suspect back to 12 and it will definitely get buyers in $X daily hammer up at the 8ema $NUE - forming an inside day below the 8ema tomorrow may be the buy signal $AKS hammer up daily $STLD back above the 8ema daily $CLF back abve the 8ema 12ema support $RS also forming an inside day but above the 8ema now
- phgruver: @GOOSE $CLF well, $XME, $X, $NUE, $AKS were all down as I typed this. It just looks like a controlled pullback in the metals. They may have gotten a bit ahead of themselves.
- DAN: $X $NUE $STLD $CLF $AKS -- I see the steel stocks pulling back. As I look at the weekly charts of several steel stocks, they appear to have spiked to an extreme and the upward momentum isn't sustainable. Hold on to them if you like. I'm just remarking on the strength of the recent move, and the 3-day reversal pattern on the charts. Wednesday had a big day within a very mature move. Thursday gapped up and then closed down just a bit from Wednesday's close. Today many of these stocks are down more than 3%. I think these go lower.
- bnnybklyn: @DAN $X $NUE $STLD $CLF $AKS I see $XME went 5.5% lower on 11/28-11/29 and then went higher, could it just rebound or do you think this is something more ?
- cmaxwel1: @DAN $X $NUE $STLD $CLF $AKS My $xme stopped out at Christmas party, thanks for words of caution 😀
- bnnybklyn: @DAN $X $NUE $STLD $CLF $AKS Out of $XME, if it bounces back I can buy on the way back up. Took a nice profit and I'm fine with that for now.
- cmaxwel1: @bnnybklyn $X $NUE $STLD $CLF $AKS $XME (anytime you exit with a profit you are a winner). You now have money to put back in at a lower basis.
10. $DB – mentioned this yesterday. Not too late to buy….as long as you’re protecting the position.
11. $NTRS -- -- broke out of flag. Target is $93.
12. $SOXL – oversold rebound. Some semi ...
- Robert1965: @Bridget, $X, $AKS, Looking for a entry point, I don't see any. What are you looking at on these
- Bridget: @Robert1965 $X $AKS These are really tough to get into now. Friday was your entry point after 4 days of consolidation and then a move higher. I would not be buying today.
10. $AKS – strong move on volume. Use trailing stops. (Show how).
11. $X – working
12. $STLD – note increasing volume.
13. $CLF – breaking out of C&H.
14. $AA – Alert $32.20
15. $AMZN – bottom looks like i ...
- mvdenapoles: looking to get into Steel. Anyone have a good idea for a price target on $AKS or $VALE ?
- Robert1965: $X, $AKS, $ VALE, all up near all time highs, anyone buying got stopped out both positions on 11/29
- Bridget: @Robert1965 $X $AKS I so am tempted but I'll wait till next week.
- mvdenapoles: $VALE + $AKS --- Good buying ops? Or need more time to rest?
- DAN: @mvdenapoles $VALE $AKS extended. I think they need more rest.
- Aragorn: Steel names some profit taking today added to yesterdays red candles. $ X $AKS $NUE $CLF $VALE all trading down. Maybe the beginning of a retracement from these huge moves made all year and since he Trump rally began as well
- rem2088: @Aragorn $AKS $NUE $CLF $VALE I have some nice profits in $NUE dec options and $FCX stock - I'm thinking it might be time to hit the cash register.
- Aragorn: @rem2088 $AKS $NUE $CLF $VALE $FCX at least protect but not a bad idea
- tnt: $ARCH If you missed the run in steel names like $X $AKS you can buy $ARCH here which is the largest met coal producer in America and hasn't really run yet. I see $100 in next couple months
- Robert1965: $X anyone adding to this and $AKS, $Vale, $CLF
- mvdenapoles: Too late to enter $AKS ? I've been wanting to enter but now it seems like I would be chasing. Any suggestions on entry points?
- champ: @mvdenapoles $AKS - I have been watching it all morning....and $SLX.... this is the 4th day and now it's holding.
- Bridget: @mvdenapoles $AKS You would most definitely be chasing. Either start with only a VERY small position just to keep your attention but then wait for a pullback.
- stevef214: $XME $X $AKS $FCX metals all up at or above 3 std dev BB. Conventional play would be to wait for pull back but this market is certainly not conventional. I have been wanting to get into this space but as of now I just can't pull the trigger and then again I have FOMO.
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $AKS AK Steel Holding Corporation. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=AKS&clip=77555
- Bridget: $AKS also making a solid move higher
- eaglEye: @Bridget $AKS Yes, metals you are right. I have been hiding out in $NUGT and $JNUG, Everything else just chop and I have burned my fingers, shouda just been satisfied with metal trade and studied charts., But $LABD was the one today, missed it altogether
- indigo1948: @eaglEye $AKS $NUGT $JNUG $LABD - also take a look at STLD
$FCX / $X / $AKS - steel holding up
$NKE - starting to form a base
$AMGN - big fall to previous support
$ANIP - breaking down
$WB - starting to turn over, toppy
$PBH- breaking lower
$FXI - break down, pullback, now moving lower
- Bridget: $AKS opened at $5 today and is holding. Thinking about adding here.
- stairm01: @Bridget $AKS $CLF gapped down as well and I added this morning, but too early.
- FHS: @Bridget $AKS I had wondered at the steep decline this morning, especially after favorable earnings and an upgrade. Then I read of a 65 million share offering at 4.90. I have no position and will wait for confirmation tomorrow, which makes me perhaps a bit late but so it goes.. What do you think about the offering? Cheers.
- EasyOut: $AKS had Earnings report before market. TOS reports 0.129(est) with 0.21(actual). Currently up 9+%. Finviz says short float is 29.2%. CC at 10am
|Stock Price||$USD 4.51|
AK Steel Holding Corporation is a producer of flat-rolled carbon, stainless and electrical steels, and tubular products through its wholly owned subsidiary, AK Steel Corporation.Request Video of AKS
Already a member? Sign in here.
- Technical Breakout: AK Steel Holding (NYSE:AKS)By Josh September 10th, 2013
- January 23rd, 2018 - 2017 Q4 Earnings
- $USD 28.55 7.91%
- $USD 10.80 5.72%
- $USD 27.28 -1.42%
- $USD 16.75 -24.12%
- $USD 13.81 -22.99%
- $USD 18.34 -17.47%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 51,500 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (51,500) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!