Stamps.com Inc. (NASDAQ:STMP)
Old Forum Content for STMPMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- shoredriver: $STMP.....one fell off my radar last year....is up almost 300% since Jan 1....ugh.....
- scottrades: $STMP Up on low volume.
- beach876: @scottrades $STMP moving nicely thank you for the early heads up on this one
- scottrades: My notes: $SPXL Above VWAP, successful test. This is what we look for. $SPXS Below VWAP. Stay out of the way. $FRO Had some, sold it. Watching for more tomorrow. $PTON Posted before the open about this. Broke out of the triangle. $GSX is still in consolidation. $STMP Watch 129.50 $ADSK Big move today, watch for follow through.
- Bridget: $STMP has seen a pullback but still above its pre-earnings price in Feb. Watching for the end of this pullback.
- DAN: Good morning. We'll be opening up the trading room at 9:15 ET for some live trading. There are plenty of potential opportunities this morning, so active traders can definitely benefit from some big pre-market moves. Here is my scratch sheet for the morning, showing some of the stocks I'll be watching. $SEDG -- Upgrade will extend yesterday's move to nearly 25%. Three day rule? Gap Up on earnings/guidance: $STMP $ZG $DPZ $CAR Gap Down: $TVTY -- CEO resigns and bad earnings. $SIX $NVTA Snap back: $AEM -- 3rd Std Dev reversal? Movers: $TSLA $SPCE $AMZN Select SMM STOCKS: $RGEN -- Gap down. Potential add. $INMD -- Below AVWAP. Big resistance. Would not own here. $DT - complete reversal of yesterday's move on news of stock sale by major shareholders (non-dilutive) Scott also has a separate list of stocks. Hope to see you there. --Dan
- champ: $STMP, know when to hold-them and also when to fold-them.
- DAN: Note today's big winners that we were looking at this morning. Specifically...what they've been doing after their initial runup. $CAR - peaked at 10:45 and now drifting lower. $ZG -- peaked at 1045 and now drifting lower. $DPZ -- peaked at 1000 and now drifting sideways. might mover higher this afternoon,...but the last 3 hours have been sideways. $STMP -- peaked at 1100, and now drifting sideways. As with DPZ, might go higher this afternoon, but with the stock currently up 61% today, I wouldn't bet on much of a move. Bottom line: I call my trading approach the "59 minute trader" because the most money is made during the first hour. After that, you're trading for scraps.
- mariemicheles: @DAN $CAR $ZG $DPZ $STMP I appreciate you stressing this point as it is helping me not be glued to my computer screen all day. Life is for living not just trading!
- champ: @mariemicheles $CAR $ZG $DPZ $STMP --- Are you talking about @Dan, however most work at least 5-days a week, 8 hours a day.
- DAN: @mariemicheles $CAR $ZG $DPZ $STMP That's great to hear, mariemicheles. Live your life. And your life shouldn't be spent in front of a monitor. A lot of mine is...but it's my job. I do it so you don't have to. ;-)
- mercury6s: @DAN $CAR $ZG $DPZ $STMP You also gave a green light to enter $SPCE with target of $41 as I recall. It wrestled with VWAP a bit then cracked up to $42 and I was out with a very fine profit within the 59 minutes. I'm also in the AEM trade, do you still anticipate a likely stall at $52? ..grateful you have this site, your hard work and generous sharing make a difference to at least 1 person. Of course I wish I had found it a couple of years ago. Midday sell off was a bummer for the rest of my positions, but thats what stops are for.
- DAN: @mercury6s $CAR $ZG $DPZ $STMP $SPCE Hey mercury. Really can't predict what AEM will do at $42. Remember that I said that "$52" was just a guesstimate because it's an even number. Nothing magical about it. Might hit it, and might not. ...
- scottrades: $STMP up 20% Premarket. 9 Days of Short interest. Could see a little run to the upside.
- traderbren: @scottrades $STMP - very likely as puts outweighed calls going into ER. Based on the pre-mkt move, it looks like it will hit the upper BB in one move. Its likely to hold the gap, but we'll see, as the shorts are likely to take it in the Stamps! ;-)
$STMP -- still going.
$GRUB -- might have upside here. Popping out of a squeeze.
$RAD -- Support at $8.00. Look for $10 top. This is a little cheat entry.
$RCII -- I have a position, but Thursday’s big reversal is a problem. Good stock sho ...
- Henry: $STMP just saw the ticker go by in Cramer at +$18 Earning I assume. It was the worst chart in the world back in May. np
- baronp0329: $STMP after hours +0.56 ( 0.73%) At close: 4:00PM EDT 91.40 15.27 (20.06%) After hours: 5:45PM EDT Stamps.com lands deal with UPS, stock shoots more than 15% higher in after-hours trading https://www.marketwatch.com/story/stampscom-lands-deal-with-ups-stock-shoots-more-than-15-higher-in-after-hours-trading-2019-10-21?mod=mw_quote_news
- Auto: $STMP watching for the break I'm long will add on break
- DrScience: $STMP guess these guys are still in the stamp business. Actually beat estimates by .28, though guidance for the full year isn't enough to cause additional buying. I sold a tracking position on the pop this morning, and waiting for stock to find the level buyers think is fair.
- DrScience: $STMP after the disastrous earnings report in early May, the stock is finally starting to fill the gap. Long a small position from around $34. Stop below the 20 DMA.
$FDX/$UPS – $AMZN is doing to them what the USPS did to $STMP
$T2108 – just 42% above 40-day (2 month) MA.
$DJSH – China not doing well.
$FFTY – Growth not working now...or yet.
$EASI – going back to bonds.
$XLF &n ...
- DrScience: $STMP got stomped on earnings, but stock is starting to fill the gap... er, chasm.
- JeffyJ: $STMP petering out after an attempt to fill 5/9/19 gap
- DrScience: $STMP bounce trade working ...
- Wolf: @traderbren $STMP #Stamps I think it is way outside the biggest deviation in the BB. Wonder if it will bounce or dive more?
- Wolf: @billfumick $GDOT Look at $STMP for blood and gore in the streets.
- Henry: @Wolf $STMP This was a $280 stock a year ago. I hope nobody thinks it's getting back there anytime soon.
- brice: Potential BITS trade tickers are: $AAOI, $CNDT, $COMM, $GDOT, $RDFN, $SAIL & $STMP
- Bob E: @brice $AAOI $CNDT $COMM $GDOT $RDFN $SAIL $STMP Okay, I admit my ignorance, what does BITS stand for?
- jknyborg: @brice $AAOI $CNDT $COMM $GDOT $RDFN $SAIL $STMP Thx
- JeffyJ: @Bob E $AAOI $CNDT $COMM $GDOT $RDFN $SAIL $STMP Blood In The Streets
- Bob E: @JeffyJ $AAOI $CNDT $COMM $GDOT $RDFN $SAIL $STMP Thank you very much!
- efrain007: $STMP outside 4 standard deviation. Just hit new low by pennies and hammered green w increase in volume. Might try to play this if it shows more strength.
- traderbren: #Stamps - $STMP - yikes, just looking at the chart. They should be into the business of renting Carrier Pigeon's as its a better biz model. ;-) Wish I had a short on this pig. NP.
- phgruver: @RT $stmp You got a very good entry. Congratulations! As long as you keep raising your stop, and sitting on a profit, there's no reason to sell. Now, if you want to add, add smaller amounts, and keep a tight stop on those adds. DON'T EVER LET YOUR GAINS TURN INTO A LOSS.
- RT: @phgruver $stmp Well noted. Thank you very much.
- 86944T: $STMP Both halves of position stopped out this morning. Will keep it on the watch list.
- 86944T: $STMP Back in. Heading higher
- shoredriver: $STMP...over 90.....
- Reif99: $STMP getting a bid with some volume
- shoredriver: @Reif99 $STMP ...selling the3/1 100's for 1.5....15g if called away.....in a week.....
- shoredriver: .....$STMP....still going....
- 86944T: @shoredriver $STMP Got in Friday at 85. Just moved stop up to 95. 10 points in one day is something I’m not giving up. Just hitting R2, we will see if it break through.
- RT: $stmp anyone?
- shoredriver: @RT $stmp ...Anyone what exactly.....
- phgruver: @RT $stmp Their business model collapsed, and they are now looking for a new reason to exist. Good luck with that! Not where I want to put my money.
- RT: @shoredriver $stmp Sorry for not being specific! Has anyone noticed the strong bounce on this stock today and have any strong opinions to share? Thank you!
- RT: @phgruver $stmp Thank you
- RT: @shoredriver $STMP May I ask your trade plan if you are still in?
- RT: @RT @bridget @shoerider @phgruver $stmp I got in after noticing the strong bounce and continuation move upwards. Every dip was bought! kept moving my stop loss higher and it never got triggered. Started buying in from $88 till $93 and gradually moved ...
- Reif99: @RT $stmp Where did you have your stop at 11 EST? That's when I got stopped out.I considered putting it below the VWAP, but I was in from 88 to 96, didn't want to give back all the way to 92. Got out at 94. Probably should have kept a partial.
- RT: @Reif99 $stmp not sure when I placed my Stop, but my first Stop was at $91after it had already been above $93... I’m still in and in need of guidance for managing the trade.
- Hans_Schultz1: @Reif99 $STMP Sounds like failed negotiations, but felt they couldn't accept the hard-line deal from USPS.
- riskmanager: @Reif99 $STMP Question is, will there be a 59 minute trade on this at the opening Friday. Dan didn't mention this in the strategy session.
- lostsheep: @Hans_Schultz1 $STMP Ouch! That's gonna leave a mark.
- bigbartabs: @issues $STMP ... going out of business? Nah, probably just moving into buggy whips.
- PJMR11: @bigbartabs $STMP is there a trade here at the open?
- ander509: $STMP good reminder of not holding over earnings
- shoredriver: @ander509 $STMP ...It's ALL about the specific stock and position size.....
- DrScience: @shoredriver $STMP AND timeframe...
- shoredriver: @DrScience $STMP ...yep....
- efrain007: @PJMR11 $STMP 59 minute trade might work, I'll be watching for that or a day trade.
- bRobert: @ander509 $STMP Not necessarily. Depends
- kt4000: sold my $ABT great gain, waiting for a few earnings reports next week - added more $LABU yesterday and just realized it had an 8% swing - but looking for new Growth conquests anyone looking at $STMP right now and trying to determine entry points?
- Hans_Schultz1: @kt4000 $STMP I think need to stand aside today. So many things working while $STMP has been pinned under the VWAP all day. Tomorrow, who can say.
- kt4000: @Hans_Schultz1 $STMP Thanks - I went back and researched - not anything to touch right now - if the CEO says we expect a to reduce the multiple etc, it is not the time to buy
13. $STMP – trading lesson. Look at the news. You going to buy STMP when the news is that this electronic postage service is changing their model b/c AMZN is disrupting the shipping business? Lots of pain here....this is not something I&r ...
- DrScience: $STMP getting licked. Down 33% on earnings release.
- issues: @DrScience $STMP You have to wonder if they lost their ability to sell stamps or something seriously wrong with the company to drop that much. I don't know if I'd risk a bounce on one that drops that much in just minutes. How about you?
- Sher: @DrScience $STMP - Whoa... now down 40% - Downward guidance pretty horrific...
- issues: @Sher $STMP Going out of business? Will it ever recover?
- gwenzee: @issues $STMP Now that's a falling knife!!! NP
- bRobert: @DrScience $STMP ;)
- Hans_Schultz1: $STMP "By Jeremy C. Owens , MarketWatch , Max A. Cherney Exclusive revenue-sharing deal with USPS is no longer viable because company needs to work with other carriers, CEO says Stamps.com Inc.'s stock took a nose dive in late trading Thursday, falling nearly 50% after the company said an exclusive deal with the U.S. Postal Service will not be renewed." My take on the article - They say they can still provide the same services to their customers and will expand to other carriers. But the rev-share deal is over and that will hurt the outlook for some unknown amount of time. This could be OK longer term, but you know how traders like uncertainty mixed with a dose of near term "certainly less" rev. NP
- Reif99: @Hans_Schultz1 $STMP Holy *!@! 100 point drop. Well, I'd have to believe that the CEO et.al. knew the revs they'd be losing short term, and did the analysis. Might be hard to convince investors, and I don't know if the CEO is competent, but I have to believe at least they think they're in better shape.
- traderbren: $STMP - pushed above the 50d, but volume on the light side. NP
- Slomo: $stmp is on fire
- issues: @Slomo $stmp Great! Tomorrow we will know if it a real break out or just another fake out.
- DAN: $STMP -- nice reversal in STMP. $190 buy point if you're trading the reversal.
- petros06: @DAN $STMP in at $191, wasn't fast enough with my mouse
- DAN: $STMP -- Just a reminder. STMP is no longer on the growth stock list. Watch the recent Strategy Session for more comments on it.
$STMP – should not be in this. You are stopped out. Added in April. Took ½ off and set tight stop. Day traded it in August for $20. You are out! (We will have a live trading session around earnings to look for these ty ...
$STMP – Support at $220. No reason to be buying/owning this here. If it falls below $220, sell this $FAST.
$GLOB – REMOVING this from the $GSL. It is back to where we put it on, and the chart is horrible.
VIDEO THREE: Squeeze candidat ...
$STMP – took ½ off at $262 on the double top. Take the rest off if 200-day MA doesn’t hold.
$COL – breaking out…but better entry was around $138 or so. Seems a bit extended now to ...
$STMP – hold this.
$ETSY – close to breaking out above $50. You could start a position here, with a stop below the 50-day MA. Alert $50
$PRAH – resting at top of channel. Alert $108
$ALRM – Consolidating gains. Support a ...
- Jasper95: $stmp. Any news. Moving up
- traderbren: @Jasper95 $stmp - nope, just getting a bid now that its cleared the 20d.
- Wykeman: $STMP been filling the gap..260
- GuitarGuy: @wijimmy $LCI $SPX $FFTY $DJI $MDY $IWM $XLF $JPM $MS $GS $DJT $COMPQX $ATHM $BLD $OLLI $AAPL $ABT $DXC $NVDA $DBX $TTD $MNST $MTCH $EL $LGIH $CWH $BLUE $STMP $HAL $GDOT $CBU $PBYI That's simply too good to let it pass by. "Rachel's on the payroll" lends itself to a Country song in my mind. I'll have to come up with some catchy lyrics and I'll letcha know when it's done.
- Robert1965: $ROKU, $STMP, $YELP these are now falling off there highs of Friday, does this look like a short
- bRobert: @Robert1965 $ROKU $STMP $YELP . Not for me .
- Robert1965: @bRobert $ROKU $STMP $YELP Thanks
- gwenzee: @Robert1965 $ROKU $STMP $YELP I really think a lot of this is short term profit taking. Why would you think of shorting these?
- Robert1965: $STMP anyone buying this today
- bRobert: @Robert1965 $STMP Only at the post office. Mailing some letters. Day 2 of huge move. Higher risk buy. I would want to see a pullback/bounce.
$STMP – was a very good 59-minute trade off the gap/reverse 200-day MA. Taking ½ off (per 7/27 note) gives a very committed bull an opportunity to buy back on selloff. Do NOT buy this now. It has a lot of overhead supply.
$CPRT &ndas ...
- TopCat1000: @Dan, Hey Dan great class this morning, I bought $STMP at the open at $232.24 and sold it at $241.55.
- bogiedog1: @Dan & @Gary, thanks for the webinar this morning, it is helpful to hear your comments in real time. Did well on $ROKU and $STMP.
- Shopaholic526: $ROKU $STMP $YELP Thanks, Dan. Out with a profit. Would have never made the seminar if my smoke alarm didn't go off at 4:30. In Walnut Creek.
|Stock Price||$USD 256.51|
Stamps.com provides Internet-based mailing and shipping services. Its PC Postage products and services include PC Postage Services, PC Postage Integrations, Mailing & Shipping Supplies Store, and Branded Insurance.Request Video of STMP
Already a member? Sign in here.
- November 5th, 2020 - 2020 Q3 Earnings
- $USD 44.57 182.30%
- $USD 6.68 96.57%
- $USD 7.06 87.94%
- $USD 8.34 -32.13%
- $USD 22.86 -12.37%
- $USD 28.27 -11.42%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 30 day trial membership for just $7.77. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 72,900 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (72,900) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 30 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!