Stamps.com Inc. (NASDAQ:STMP)
Old Forum Content for STMPMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- scottrades: Some #Earnings to be aware of this week... #earnings for the week.. $PLTR $SHOP $CVS $WMT $ROKU $FSLY $FVRR $AAP $TLRY $TWLO $WIX $AMAT $GOLD $TTD $AN $DBX $BIDU $YNDX $WING $LPX $ZTS $TRU $SPWR $ECL $ADI $BIGC $SEDG $EXPD $WM $MRO $RNG $STMP $USFD $TRMN $ET $BKI $OXY $TRTN $VMC $TSEM $SNBR $HLT
- JosephM: $STMP...like the way this one has started trading lately.
- Bwhitty: @JosephM $STMP yea not screaming but I took a swing when it broke that long downward line and now just have a stop below 20 day. If that fails then trendline meant nothing.
- Bwhitty: Short List $DDOG 107.50 with volume but 110 still downward trend line. $JETS looking to add with volume above 22.70 $STMP break of yesterdays HOD on volume. $TUP trying to bounce off 50 day again but this time also off resistance. $NET 84.20 on volume $ABT big old box looking for volume at 113 $DKNG 55.80, needs to leave 55 in the dust. $JD multi day test of breakout tight. Looking for volume above 91.55 already above will watch volume at open.
- JosephM: $STMP..looks close to a break of a downward trendline.
- Bwhitty: @JosephM $STMP agreed 👍
- Bwhitty: $STMP trying here
- Kharrison67: @Motorman $WDAY It looks like it will consolidate some before deciding a path to take. It got me good a few weeks ago. $STMP is my $WDAY to you, I don't care if it goes to $1000, I don't like it. But let me know if it starts that way just in case. LOL
- Bwhitty: $STMP sloppy downward trend line close to HOD setting alerts to look for real volume
- Bwhitty: Short List $XPEV Alert at 48 with volume, second try. $DDOG Bit of a rule breaker, watching it back through 20 day but also downward trendline around 110. $ABT watching 113 today. $STMP Long sloppy downward trendline. And there is a moving averages party too. watching 216 and 221. $AUTO long loose downward trend alert 3 low dollar.
- Douglas: $STMP slight rest after the move off the 50 day this morning
- Douglas: $STMP gaining a little momentum since yesterday
- Douglas: $STMP trying to break above the 50 day on the daily, broke the 21 day on the weekly. Yes there is a lot of overhead but the weekly shows solid support off the 50. Planning on holding this one for a while.
- spmeyers: @markflour $WGO $SPX $DIA $DJT $NDX $CLOU $FFTY $TME $BIDU $Z $VICI $TWLO $FOCS $FB $PENN $DKNG $TCEHY $CPRT $TPX $DOCU $CDNS $XHB $AEYE $STMP if it hits our trigger then buy and evaluate what to do on Thursday; Dan's approach with earnings is to hold some stock if you already have a profit cushion; pre-earnings run is a good sign but no guarantee
- markflour: Hi Dan, Regarding $WGO. It reports earnings in a week(12/18/20). Should that influence buying decision if it breaks out before then? Love the forum filled with so many sharp people. Huge Thanks. Mark @DAN $WGO $SPX $DIA $DJT $NDX $CLOU $FFTY $TME $BIDU $Z $VICI $TWLO $FOCS $FB $PENN $DKNG $TCEHY $CPRT $TPX $DOCU $CDNS $XHB $AEYE $STMP
$STMP: Hey Dan, love to hear your thoughts on $STMP. Its been beat down but the last 4 weeks its been curling back up and looks like a nice trend with MA's stacked on the 60. I had a pivot level marked at 196.72 and its still within that range.
- Wykeman: $STMP Moving stop up. Took last week. Posted.
- issues: I bought $STMP. Chart looks good to me - like a ladle or low saucer. Also holding $AMWD as it's breaking out.
- Wykeman: $STMP Took starter today.
- tlisakson: @Wykeman $STMP - good call. Nice looking chart and looks like it is done going down and momentum is shifting to the upside.
- Brett: $HD pulling over the 50 day $AAPL looking for some continuation today $TSLA tightening up, but still below the 50 -- lower volume recently $PTON working on the 50 day -- not over that hump yet $STMP found support and some volume on the 200 (not really my trade) $NIO <3 heart emoji $ETHE entered yesterday around 63.35 $GBTC looking for 17.70 to become support (Bitcoin is over 16k, RHRN)
- ScottT: The stay at home stocks seem to be catching a bid midday. $ZM $CHWY $STMP $DOCU. No position in any of these.
- bRobert: @ScottT $ZM $CHWY $STMP $DOCU Many clouds bouncing after bearish patterns completed Good trades Still more work to do before longer term friendly
- Angdionk: $STMP at 200dma
- bgoda88: any thoughts on $tndm and $stmp going into earnings.
- Rberrier123: $STMP Anyone watching for run to earnings? Another C&H.
- ScottT: @Rberrier123 $STMP Yes. I bought earlier this week.
- Angdionk: $STMP working well today
- Kimberley: @bRobert $STMP what is your take on the stock I see a cup and handle upward trend above 8DMA and close to break out, it has come a long way broken through a lot of resistance
- Kimberley: @bRobert $STMP thanks for your analysis
- bRobert: @Kimberley $STMP WEEKLY C&H in motion already. $375. measured move target. $300. Daily flag. target 1. $330. high base to follow if the tea leaves are fresh and perky. Daily breakout. Pullback retest bounce. provided. low risk entry. Small works best.
- ScottT: $STMP. Took a position on the reversal @ $225. Like the C&H pattern. I am long this one. Be cautious when earnings approach. This one took a hit last announcement.
- Kimberley: @ScottT $STMP I know I made the mistake of riding it down and now I am above water with stops in place, thanks for the caution
- ScottT: @Kimberley $STMP The stock is working nicely and appears to be ready to test the old high. Have a good day!
- Kimberley: @ScottT $STMP thanks, you too
- Bwhitty: $STMP PB to 8 day with 50 under it. Took small for long term with stop at 245
- Bwhitty: $STMP just got an alert on a old friend. Volume not great but what a hard worker for the last 2 weeks.
- Angdionk: @Bwhitty $STMP bought a little yesterday
- just4mo: $STMP posted about this last week forming a cup on the daily with multi year C&H on weekly, watching for PB test of the 50dma
- quickrun: @just4mo $STMP It had a great earnings run last time and a really great post-earnings run. Maybe a sequel?
- just4mo: $STMP nice cup and handle forming on the daily, up ~18% off the low and knocking on the 50dma. In trend with prior weekly pattern. NP Watching
- kemenator: $PINS $STMP I'm learning...wanted to see if the experienced traders can comment on if what I'm seeing is correct: $PINS weekly and daily C&H starting from Summer 2019....forming the handle right now? Buy small starter and add when market conditions improve? $STMP weekly C&H starting from Summer 2018...forming the handle right now? Seeing solid support at about $207 then riding the 8ema, now above the 20dma and 21ema but below the 50dma..NP
- issues: New this week on IBD 50: $ALXN $FBC $SCPL $STMP. Taken off $INTU $NOW $RKT $SFM
- Junior1: $MCD Closed out final 25%. Monster trade. Now most positions are short: $QQQ $RH $STMP All working very well
- 10-penny: dangit $STMP
- bengalrichter: @10-penny $STMP Me too. Ouch. That'll leave a hole in my P&L for the year. Sigh.
- Robert1965: $Stmp Fidelity didn't place my stop order again, 5th time, stop was $251.37 order wasn't even entered Time to leave Fidelity!!!!
- AxeD: @Dan $STMP on GSL - stop hit at $249 today.
- EricF: @Robert1965 $Stmp That's bizarre! I use them also and have never had *that* problem. Can you document that you had the stop in place GTC? I would call them if so...
- DAN: @AxeD $STMP Yep. i can see that. Thanks.
- ag1: @Robert1965 $Stmp This has happened repeatedly with Fidelity ATP for me.I started verifying each and every order in the trade order window where I place all my orders on their platform before moving on. BTW I have caught myself not hitting the place order button after hitting the preview button on occasion.
- AxeD: @DAN $STMP Sorry I did not get to complete my thought ... I am wondering if we should wait for closing price below the stop loss ($249) or is it an intraday price?
- DAN: @AxeD $STMP I always consider the intraday price...BUT...if you didn't close your position, I'd suggest keeping it open. The stock is now trading right around $249 and stable. If it closes below that level, then I'd shut it down. the stock has been declining for 3 straight days. volume has been light...but the price is the price. That's really all that matters, AxeD.
DAN: Growth Stock Update:
$STMP -- stopped out at 249 for 9% loss, which is much larger than I am comfortable with. Sorry. If still in, use today’s low as reference for exit now.
$AMD -- Basis: 90.25 Stop: 84.95. Ran up 50% in 2 ...
- Herb: @DAN $STMP That island reversal 8/7 and 8/10 was a little ominous-looking. . . . .
- DAN: @Herb $STMP Yep
$STMP -- stopped out at 249. If still in, use today’s low as reference for exit now.
$AMD -- Basis: 90.25 Stop: 84.95. Ran up 50% in 2 weeks. Pulled back just 11%. Strong pin action.
$AMZN -- 3140 stop.
$LEN -- healthy pul ...
- Junior1: $STMP STO alert/stop @ hod
- just4mo: @Junior1 $STMP Any lower than this and the 50day is your next level of support... you might be right to short
- scottrades: $STMP is getting really tight.
- Cjauger: @scottrades $STMP What is a level to watch to pull the trigger?
- scottrades: @Cjauger $STMP You could start small with a stop below 261 and a move above 273.
- debeers: $STMP-@scottrades. add me to the question list. Thanks, Scotty.
- scottrades: @debeers $STMP Watch for a move through 273 with a stop around 261 to start.
- Cjauger: @scottrades $STMP Thank you.
- Junior1: $STMP flag bo to the downside, making the pennant a channel.
- Bwhitty: @Junior1 $STMP and then there is that! Where did that come from.
- Kharrison67: @Junior1 $STMP 2nd attempt for me, 2nd loser, I am done with $STMP Good luck to everyone in, I just thought my small position took enough hit.
- Firemedic: $STMP stopped out of this POS .....
- Junior1: @Kharrison67 $STMP @DAN has the stop at 249. Can't see the reason for that. Well below the multi week low?
- Kharrison67: @Junior1 $STMP That is were I set it, but I couldn't just sit back and watch the money go out the window.
- mercury6s: @Firemedic $STMP that was a killer, I had a long dated call, but sill grinding lower...uncle!
- Junior1: @Kharrison67 $STMP imho, if the stop is set at 9%, the position size needs to be tiny. So why bother
- Kharrison67: @Gary is there anyway to block a ticker? I don't want to see $STMP $PING every again...LOL
- Firemedic: @Kharrison67 $STMP $PING lol
- Herb: $STMP went long this thing against my better judgment. That island reversal on 8/7 and 8/10 was a giant warning sign. . . . .
- royca17: @Herb $STMP Hit my stop. I'm out.
- Bwhitty: @royca17 $STMP yea we got in too early. I am a fan of starters on a squeeze but not too big. Technically Bands could tighten up and it end up slingshoting out the top.
- just4mo: @BellaVino $DKNG #STOPS I don't use ATR. I look for trends in the stock that show where prior support at been. For some stocks it is 8,20or 50dma and then I set my stop accordingly. sometimes moving averages are not areas of support. See the attached $STMP chart. I would look for support to be at or just below that support line and set my stop accordingly.
- Brett: $STMP no position yet, but for anyone looking for an entry, watch a break of the trend line (also notice the 8/20...)
- Junior1: $STMP nice multi-week pennant, pinching on the daily. BB's still wide though, at 18%. Alerts set on the trend lines.
- Bwhitty: @Junior1 $STMP Large starter because the bottom line is pretty clear. I am fine if the bands want to get tighter. Then we won't even have to wonder when it breaks out.
- Kharrison67: $STMP I am glad I learned to start with a starter position. I got me good a few months ago with a bigger position, I gave up too early.
- Kharrison67: Tomorrow is my day of patience, $STMP needs to bust up through this triangle
- CraigReynolds: @Kharrison67 $STMP Difficult stock to hold, major swings
- Bwhitty: @Kharrison67 $STMP Agreed. If not we can fly to where @dan is at and he is going to catch a beating 😜
- mercury6s: @Kharrison67 $STMP yep, its hurting my account
- CraigReynolds: @mercury6s $STMP I have bad luck, a few of the GSL stocks have had not so good results. Can't trade all so I'm learning to stay away from the big swingers. But a own a few shares of this following Dan. I need to become myself at some point.
- CraigReynolds: @Bwhitty $STMP In the past it was a joke, when Dan went on vacation watch below. Did you note he sold all before he left.. Kidding but wonder about his magic.
- Kharrison67: @CraigReynolds $STMP I am in one GSL stock, guess which one....I think it will work out, if not I will pick up my legos and go home and try another one.
- Bwhitty: @CraigReynolds $STMP Hang in there. I still give him a hard time about $PLMR. I was new and and put like a quarter of my trading account in there. Took a hit but in was "my own damn vault" I definitely take different sized positions on different GSL stocks now that I have my own style.
- CraigReynolds: @Bwhitty $STMP $PLMR O I will. Just hate to loose even one. Not blaming Dan, just me.
- Firemedic: @Kharrison67 $STMP Im on board , not holding to $249 recommended stop
- joelsg1: @Bwhitty $STMP $PLMR And look at $PLMR now! I took small position on GSL recommendation, it immediately crapped next day, and I considered myself fortunate to get back to even. Was worried about really small float. But, obviously, should have reentered.
- Bwhitty: $STMP double my position because if it doesn't hold near LOD I will be out for now.
- Firemedic: @Bwhitty $STMP agree, not going to hold it down to $249
- Bwhitty: @Firemedic $STMP I might buy it back down there 😉
- Bwhitty: $STMP there's a little bounce. OK clean yourself off $STMP, I have plans for you.
- Kharrison67: $STMP maybe found support at the 20 day
- bla00109: $STMP I started a partial position at $267. Stop at 252 is potential 5.6% loss as my defined risk. Do you think I should tighten the stop?
|Stock Price||$USD 328.70|
Stamps.com provides Internet-based mailing and shipping services. Its PC Postage products and services include PC Postage Services, PC Postage Integrations, Mailing & Shipping Supplies Store, and Branded Insurance.Request Video of STMP
Already a member? Sign in here.
- November 4th, 2021 - 2021 Q3 Earnings
- $USD 6.34 340.75%
- $USD 206.37 27.41%
- $USD 5.05 25.59%
- $USD 24.62 -35.52%
- $USD 34.21 -17.08%
- $USD 26.79 -15.50%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 30 day trial membership for just $7.77. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 83,200 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (83,200) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 30 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!