StoneCo Ltd. (NASDAQ:STNE)
Old Forum Content for STNEMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- Cokeman1959: @CraigReynolds $STNE with a stop under Thursday’s low?
- Herb: $STNE. https://finance.yahoo.com/news/stoneco-ltd-releases-ceo-letter-180937819.html
- CraigReynolds: @Herb $STNE Reading the report, may be good for opening trade Monday. On watch list. Thanks
- lostsheep: $STNE - down 8.75 % this morning, Selling started at the open yesterday with a bearish engulfing candle too close the day and continued in the after hours last night with 31.5 as the overnight low. $5 soup to nuts. Technical selling I guess from the over sized secondary at 40.5. Maybe catches an oversold bounce but lots of damage.
- debeers: TOP DECLINERS AS OF 8:10 am Eastern: $TEAM, $AZO,$NOW, $MELI, $STNE, $SKX,$GTLS, $TMO
- bRobert: @lostsheep $STNE $30 I will be watching for support around here. Sets up well for a trade going forward once a floor is established
- lostsheep: @bRobert $STNE I was looking at the 200 ema daily at 29.35 and weekly 50 ema at 29.1 which is where we are right now. really hard to see an area of support right now but some panic selling going on
- bRobert: @lostsheep $STNE Just need a little base of positive price action. I'm patient. Many other things working well
- Herb: $STNE wipeout. News?
- Herb: $STNE Apr-18-19 11:44AM Here's Why StoneCo Stock Is Plunging Today Motley Fool -25.03%
- dinkndunk: @Herb $STNE Did you mean to attach an article, Herb? I don't see the reasoning for Stoneco dropping.
- Herb: $STNE. In this case, the plunge appears to be triggered by a move from a rival company. Itau Unibanco Holding SA (NYSE: ITUB), a large Brazilian bank, said that it will begin to advance credit card payments to small and medium-sized merchants. Itau's card-processing unit, Rede, will pay merchants in just two days, much faster than the 30-day industry standard. This could certainly put pressure on other payment processors in the Brazilian market, including StoneCo.
- dinkndunk: @Herb $STNE Thank you. Very interesting.
- Herb: @dinkndunk $STNE It's traded 20% of the float.
- CraigReynolds: @Herb $STNE Heavy May option call buying
- woodman: $STNE - may be done pulling back. I'd like to see a close above the combined 8/21dEMAs. I bought a small re-starter.
- bRobert: @woodman $STNE Small w bottom. I doesn't do stair master Long partial
- Herb: @woodman $STNE Have a few shares with the april 36 and may 42 calls sold against it.
- debeers: @woodman $STNE ---@Woodman--which is your favorite cloud play? Thanks for all you do!
- woodman: @bRobert $STNE - work has me off the stair master and on the hamster wheel. Gotta get back to the slave pit.
- KemoSabe: $STNE - Has now filled the gap from the earnings run. Taking a small spec position and playing it for a bounce. 3% stop in place.
- JBed: $STNE added. $37.50 short-term support.
- traderbren: $STNE - getting a bid this morning. Back above the 20d and 8ema. Started a position.
- Herb: $STNE done going down?
- bRobert: @Herb $STNE This is where I expected to see some support. If it prints a green candle you have a trading low with a stop just below the LOD . low of day
- Herb: @bRobert $STNE Thanks.
- beachreader: $STNE looking interesting today added early in the morning and now.. any thoguths? thx v much
- bRobert: $STNE . Bounce from expected support area. $35 . Setting up trading low with green print. $45/$55+ .
- bRobert: $STNE . Gap filled . The closer to $32.50 . breakout area the better.. Long term bullish. Wait for a green candle print .. Scale in with stop . Add with further confirmation on pb/b . ...... $55 . target .
- shoredriver: $STNE...Priced 19.5m follow on @40.50.....
- Vhuante: $STNE Anybody buying the dip today? Down around 39 now
- Vhuante: @bRobert $STNE got your pb. Buying here at 39?
- bRobert: @Vhuante $STNE Waiting for a Green candle print /floor to trade against and better define risk
- wijimmy: @Vhuante $STNE ...I would wait..(NASDAQ:STNE) ("Stone") today announced the pricing of a follow-on offering of 19,500,000 of its Class A common shares at a public offering price of $40.50 per share. The shares are being offered by certain selling shareholders pursuant to a registration statement on Form F-1 filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. The offering is expected to close on April 5, 2019. In connection with the offering, certain shareholders have granted the underwriters a 30-day option to purchase up to an additional 2,925,000 Class A common shares at the public offering price less the underwriting discount. Stone will not receive any proceeds from the offering.
- bRobert: @Vhuante $STNE LOOK for the small gap fill and possible bounce closer to the 20d. Wait for the green candle to print if you want an entry/add with a stop placed below LOD prior to print
- bRobert: $STNE $46/$52+ WEEKLY c&h Long Extended short term. Not an ideal entry. Don't expect much of a pb
- beachreader: $STNE new 18mm secondary offering..
- lostsheep: $STNE - looks as though this little pullback has run its course enjoy the ride @bRobert
- Herb: @lostsheep $STNE Unusual that Buffett would buy 12% of a Brazilian IPO.
- teachintx: @DAN @bRobert $STNE I need some advice on adding to this position. I have it from below with a half position. I'm thinking it could have a pretty good run possibly, but the market has me thinking twice about adding.
- DAN: @teachintx $STNE Hi teachintx. No reason to add here and now. Your bias is getting the best of you. STNE has just as good a chance of falling to $40 as it does breaking out. I suggest sitting on your current position. You're profitable. Don't be eager to press. If the stock breaks to a new high, then you could consider adding. But in my opinion, this isn't the time to be increasing your exposure. You're good right where you are.
- bRobert: $STNE phase 3 attempt Long
- bRobert: $STNE added earlier phase 3 bounce
- bRobert: $STNE . $48 target . short squeeze. Looking for pb/b or continuation. Long partial post profits
- DAN: @bRobert $STNE I would seriously be careful about initiating new positions on STNE. I'm not addressing existing positions. That's trade management. But if you're buying the stock after a nearly 20% gap higher, and which is just barely up from yesterday's close of $49.97, you're at a pretty high risk of being a bag holder. If you're already in the stock, you're looking for a bag holder. Big difference. Just a thought. --Dan
- bRobert: @DAN $STNE I have owned the stock for a while and have taken partials on the pop. You know the potential power of short squeezes. Look at $IRBT . I did ok with that one
- DAN: @bRobert $STNE $IRBT I'm not taking issue with your post or your trading. I was just commenting to other members that there is a difference between owning a stock that's up a lot, and actually taking a new position in that same stock. Big difference between putting money to work versus managing an existing, profitable trade. 8-)
- Vineet: $Stne hi @bRobert - I took a position following your mention of it yday...nice chart - nice pop coming today from earnings, but I collared it with a cc - wonder if I should buy to close the option or increase my position now...any thoughts?
- bRobert: @Vineet $Stne I would let it settle due to the gap. Add on pullback /bounces $48 . c&h target 1 A short squeeze is likely 20% . 5 days.
- Vineet: @bRobert $Stne cheers, have a great day
- bRobert: @Vineet $Stne Thx. Sunny and brisk in the northeast. Beautiful view of nature from where I'm seated. Sipping espresso #2. Same to you.
- bRobert: $STNE . Coming in a bit. Not adding yet. Sold a piece into the breakout. I will consider adding on a further pb/b.
- KemoSabe: $STNE - Trying to move out of a cup and handle formation, but earnings are after the close today.
- bRobert: $STNE $47+ target.
- KemoSabe: @bRobert $STNE I agree with you on the measured move, but just be aware that earnings are scheduled for after the close today. Not sure what the reaction will be.
- bRobert: @KemoSabe $STNE WE NEVER ARE. IF WE DID THAT WEOULD BE CHEATING ;) . SMALL
- issues: $SYNA drops and $STNE pops! That's trading. We hold 1/2 position in STNE (Warren Buffet's choice!)
- issues: I was looking at credit card companies. IBD group 44 includes $MA $V $STNE $PAGS $EEFT $TPNL $FDC $PYDS ($3.15)- looks real interesting. We got stopped out of TPNL and still own PAGS EEFT MA and FDC.
- woodman: $STNE - IPO has completed a cup and is working on a little handle. BBs still wide, but flirting with all time high/Blue Sky.
- bRobert: @woodman $STNE I like it. A bit extended > 50d for new. np ........yet
- KemoSabe: $STNE - nice cup and handle formation. Trying to move to a new closing high.
- woodman: $STNE - cup completed.
- issues: @woodman $STNE Warren Buffet's holding. Good move Woody!
- issues: I can see now why Champ doesn't like looking too much at charts b/c you BUY them. I couldn't help myself. I bought the following: $KL $SKYW $PAGS $STNE $DFFN $NMIH $TME and sold $HTGC $EVTC! I am looking too much!
- CraigReynolds: @issues $KL $SKYW $PAGS $STNE $DFFN $NMIH $TME $HTGC $EVTC Bad day for me too.
- issues: @CraigReynolds $KL $SKYW $PAGS $STNE $DFFN $NMIH $TME $HTGC $EVTC Craig did you buy or sell or sit on your hands?
- champ: @issues $KL $SKYW $PAGS $STNE $DFFN $NMIH $TME $HTGC $EVTC--- I look at charts every second of everyday. I #Never enter a position without a chart ...charts point out entries....and news helps. If you have positive news and the chart on your side, that is always entry. Where in hell do you come up with these type of comments....like " I can see why Champ doesn't like looking at charts....that is the dumbest statement I ever hear.... in the forum about any trader or investor.
- issues: @champ $KL $SKYW $PAGS $STNE $DFFN $NMIH $TME $HTGC $EVTC #Never Champ take no offense. I was referring to one of your posts that you don't like to look at some stocks (not charts) b/c you are temped to buy. That's all. OK buddy?
- ebell1: $STNE IPO going above all time high.
- gouell: $STNE approaching opening price day
- woodman: $STNE - I lost sight of this new trader. It's been moving well.
- woodman: $STNE moving back up.
- woodman: $STNE - this IPO has been gently rolling upward since a significant move down and bottoming in December. The overall move up from the bottom has been a nice one. It has pulled back to the 20 day, near the 50 day, after moving up through the 50 day a couple weeks ago. It may be ready to resume the move up.
- woodman: $STNE edging higher 8dEMA support.
- woodman: $STNE - liking this flag. I added today.
- gouell: $STNE
- sierramp: @gouell $STNE @issues mentioned in November that BRKB bought a stake. They raised $1.22B for acquisitions in the payment processing space. Last week B of A Merrill Lynch initiated with a Buy rating.
- spmeyers: @gouell $STNE in this also
- issues: Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway's $BRKB latest 13-F filing, showed a bigger stake in Apple $AAPL and purchased the following: $BAC $GS $DAL $TRV $JPM $STNE $GM (really Warren?? GM?) $USB ORCL. He sold $PSX $WFC $CHTR $AAL $LUV $WMT $SNY Apple Is Now 26% Of The Portfolio https://www.investors.com/news/warren-buffett-stocks-berkshire-hathway-q3-13f/
|Stock Price||$USD 34.49|
Already a member? Sign in here.
- August 12th, 2019 - 2019 Q2 Earnings
- $USD 47.49 23.54%
- $USD 36.22 21.51%
- $USD 34.87 18.43%
- $USD 10.46 -31.62%
- $USD 68.36 -29.98%
- $USD 6.45 -26.65%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 63,800 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (63,800) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!