Direxion Daily S&P Biotech Bull 3X Shares (:LABU)
Old Forum Content for LABUMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- gmj: $EMR starter pos today, good entry for me. $FCX starter pos late in session. Took bunches of profits this morning on all my triples $spxl, $soxl, $labu. Was surprised to see the big surge at the end of the day.About 35% cash position, cautious moving forward into Trumps speech on the 28th ... such a good month thus far having learned to take profits when at my highs.
- gmj: $LABU, $SOXL, $FAS, SPXL setting trailing stops on all winners and letting them work for me. Using a 6 day MA as first line of defense on all but $SOXL. Like this pop in semis this morning and added to my pos.
- tradeforfamily: $CURE $LABU Out of both during the 1st hour today with both nice gains before they continue to go down now. (Shoot first)
- vfr777: @tradeforfamily $CURE $LABU I got out of $BIB. It reached previous resistance of $49.35 . I will look to buy it again at around $46.50 8ema and the middle of the "W" from January.
- woodman: @traderbren $XLF $IBB $XRT - been long $XBI, $LABU and $FAS since last week. They've looked good. Added to $FAS yesterday.
- woodman: $XBI $LABU
- tradeforfamily: $CURE and $LABU (3X ETF, health care and Bio-Tech) are also working.
- rah: $LABU - Moving up nicely now. S&P Biotech ETF Heat Map has Many shades of Green. rah
- GOOSE: @rah $LABU Hi @rah, great to see your moniker again. Missed ya. GOOSE ;>)
- rah: @GOOSE $LABU - Honk Honk
- GOOSE: @rah $LABU ;>)
- rah: @GOOSE $LABU - I had a tiny trade on and needed to book a winner - to get my feet wet again. 78% on a 6 day option trade, I exited in the lunch hour. Yesterday I was down 75% so ;>) indeed ! rah
- tradeforfamily: $LABU is dropping...
- bigbartabs: $LABU ... if this breaks above 42.81, it might really take off.
- woodman: @bigbartabs $LABU - good call.
- tradeforfamily: $LABU is on the move.
- GaVaHokie: $LABU Market seems to be okay with what Trump had to say to the pharma execs today. NP
- captron: @GaVaHokie $LABU He basically said small drug companies were not treated fairly and he was going to fix that.
- TCW23: $labu getting bids
- traderbren: @TCW23 $labu -- looking good.
- tradeforfamily: $CURE $LABU when long early today, nice up. Small positions.
- champ: $TNA $MDY $LABU --- This bounce is the real deal....and if $AAPL beats the markets could go a lot higher tomorrow....if they miss....don't really know..?? it all depends on how much...
- bigbartabs: @tradeforfamily $CURE $LABU ... ditto. I've been waiting for good re-entries to both of these. Today the 50dma was it. I hope.
- grcjr: @bigbartabs $XBI $IBB $LABU $CURE - Cheers to you! Probably nothing follows that you have not also been thinking about. if I were CEO running bioXYZ, I'd be in defense mode given the recent press conference and related tweets. I'd be working on my Tw ...
- issues: @grcjr $XBI $IBB $LABU $CURE $UNH It would seem to me the feds have always bid for the drugs on their formulary. Is this really all that "new?"
- gmj: $XBI, $LABU looking for ideas, suggestions regarding these. Stopped completely out of $LABU @ 38.51 for a nice gain. Could buy back via 1% rule rhrn but am hesitant ... waiting patiently with this 3X biotech.
- haroldzero: @Dan $LABU $ CLVS Hi Dan, when situation like today which I placed a stop on these 2 stocks which got stop out and both climb back up rapidly, how would you trade this situation?
- champ: @gmj $XBI $LABU - On this move thats happening....it's not really a good Idea to take a position in this sector at this time....as you can see it could be time to just move on....is my guess. I had longs in $AGN and $AMGN....I sold within seconds on Trumps comments....bottom line... I don't really trust this sector anymore.
- gmj: @champ $XBI $LABU $AGN $AMGN thx for the comments, you may be right on re this sector for the time being. I've been sitting on my hands satisfied with my other positions as I wait for the banks to start reporting earnings on Friday.
- champ: @gmj $XBI $LABU $AGN $AMGN --- On this sector ...I'm long $LABD
- champ: $USO - WTI - Oil is HOD RHRN ...up $1.86... @$52.65...for now ....all is good...except the drug sector $LABU...the market could run back up if Oil holds...?....Watching the tech stocks, also for direction...$TQQQ this sector has been really strong...
- bigbartabs: $XBI, $IBB, $LABU, $CURE ... Sow what's the feeling on healthcare? Is the bluntness of Trump sand storm over? It would be nice if it is, cuz this would be a nice spot to start over again with taking some. Thoughts?
- mopick: @bigbartabs $XBI $IBB $LABU $CURE Personally, I'd stay away from Pharma. Definitely in the cross-hairs of Trump as one of the most hated groups out there with their abusive price increases. IMHO, simply too unpredictable. Better groups that will benefit from this administration, likes financials & energy.
- Bridget: Notes: Most biotech and pharma down today on Trump comments: $LABU $MRK $GILD $CELG. But some that are not: $EXAS $EXEL $CARA $GKOS $PRAH $HQY Metals/Mining up again today: $MTL $CLF $FCX $VALE Uranium is a hot topic: $CCJ $URRE $URA Transports continue to move higher $IYT, $ALK- airlines $CSX-rails $SSW-shipping $WBA - at a nice buy point just above the 50MA. $CVS is also working well too $PCMI - nice pullback today, Phase 2 $SJM - 2 days of big volume, close to a breakout from this squeeze, still a lot of overhead resistance so don't chase $ALB - this chemical company is working well and breaking to new highs on volume
- bigbartabs: $XBI $LABU ... folding up like a lawn chair. Maybe just filling the gap.
- PJMR11: $LABU $SRPT I know stops are a good way to manage downsize risk but missing out of big 18% plus gains in an hour because stops went off is very frustrating
- BocaRick: @PJMR11 $LABU $SRPT a lot of people use Price Alerts and then decide if they really want to sell.
- PJMR11: @BocaRick $LABU $SRPT Couldn't meeting with a client at the time.
- BocaRick: @PJMR11 $LABU $SRPT Yes, that job crap gets in the way of a lot of things. But, how often do you regret getting stopped out only to see the price climb back in the same day?
- PJMR11: @BocaRick $LABU $SRPT True. However, I have been using Dan's 1% rule and that has worked out well, so I like to think that I would have been back in before the bulk of the run. Oh well, that is why they call it trading and not guaranteed money.
- bigbartabs: @PJMR11 $LABU ... burnt by a stop... ditto. I got knocked out at even this morning as well. What I failed to see quick enough was the good chance that it was simply a fill the gap by traders... rather than a free fall. Which it was. I will buy it back on a good pull back. That's trading. It could have just as easily kept going down.
- PJMR11: $LABU Starter position at $41.15
- traderbren: @DAN $CLVS - thanks for pointing out the percent of float short. Long. I like the moves in $IBB and $LABU
- debeers: $LABU-ought to be pinging up for much of the week as the biggest bioconference of the year meeting for the whole week.
- DAN: @traderbren $CLVS $IBB $LABU Yeah, they work!
- champ: $LABU @ $35.75 --- Don't lose track of this ETF....working today but it has fell back a little...about $0.75 in the last hour.
- Robert1965: @champ $LABU Just looking for a good entry
- champ: @Robert1965 $LABU --- Yes, you have to be real careful on entry...this ETF will take your $$$$. I don't really think we are going to get anymore today....I'm out for now....but watching and I'm not really expecting much over the next few days.
- debeers: $X-The best mover in the steels. $LABU major move. $LABU is like $IBB on steroids. Its a Jack be Nimble trade. The major healthcare conferences are on the horizon.
$LABU – mimics XBI x 3
$TSRO – steady stock. Bullish support at 50-day MA
$CLVS – pullback complete. Note high volume.
$EGRX – generic drug co. Coming out of C&H on volume.
$ANIP – Generic drug company. Very good gr ...
- maratom71: @champ $VCEL Have a full position, underwater. They issued 7.1M shares, @ $2.75, a week after my purchase. Please, let Me know what You find out. TYIA! At what price does $LABU become a buy? Thanks
- Robert1965: @champ $LABU $IONS $CLVS $UGAZ $ETE $BAC, sorry High of the Year
- champ: @Robert1965 $LABU $IONS $CLVS $UGAZ $ETE $BAC..... YTDH
- champ: $LABU @ $35...up over 9% - I'm thinking about swinging a small part of this ETF....because it's day 1 ...a lot going on in this sector today.
- JJT1: @champ $LABU Yeah I noticed $IBB up and above 50 day SMA on the daily. At lot of times it seems a one day event but maybe follow through...Tuesday.
- champ: @JJT1 $LABU $IBB --- You never know... but the news flow was really strong in many stocks in this sector today.......this News flow could also spark the start of a sector rotation....maybe a $10 point move or higher....it's very rare that you only get a one day bounce in this ETF...take a look at the chart...and then you can see what I'm talking about... on the 6 month daily.... I trade this ETF a lot...but like I said you just never know.
- bigbartabs: @champ $LABU ... I too bought this one this morning, along with some $CURE at the close. All the health care stocks are so beat up, I figured it was time to buy this bounce. Both starting positions... Merry Christmas...
- Robert1965: @champ $LABU I don't know how I missed it was looking at $IONS, and $CLVS, checked it yesterday and missed the turn, today, got distracted with $UGAZ, and $ETE, did you get in today. Are you still holding $BAC that you that you bought before the HYR around 22.60,
- champ: @Robert1965 $LABU $IONS $CLVS $UGAZ $ETE $BAC - Yes, I'm still holding $BAC...I sold 1/3 but I still have a good size position. Don't know what HYR means....?
- champ: @bigbartabs $LABU $CURE ---- Merry Christmas!
- captron: $LABU - It is trying to cross above its 50sma. No position yet.
- bigbartabs: @captron $LABU ... keep an eye on $XBI, the dog that wags the $LABU tail. I often use $XBI to do conditional buy and sell signals for $LABU. FWIW... good luck...
- coldevinc: $LABU possibly buy point, holding above recent low, not seeing much volume, but it is increasing.
- bigbartabs: @woodman $OPHT @Shoredriver #Biotech ... I have a hard enough time trading $LABU and $XBI... without amplifying it to individual tickers. Other than Viagra getting cheaper, I can't imagine what would be putting smiles on faces of traders at this point.
- coldevinc: $LABU Picked up some at $34.35
- traderbren: @Rasta $IBB - need to be careful here and let the turn take effect if it truly starts a leg higher. Set an alert at $266 and again at $270. We may see a run back to the 50 dma, which may or may not be resistance. If it clears the 50 dma in the coming weeks, then we could be off to the races, but there are dark clouds overhead regarding high drug prices. Also keep an eye on $LABU if you want to juice your return. Good luck.
- bigbartabs: @coldevinc $LABU ... I have had a historic run, increasing my account balances since the election. But I had one Achilles heel... biotech. That thing really worked against me the last 2 days... I ended up giving it the ejection seat this morning to concentrate on all the other things that are working. I will probably see by the end of the day if that was a good choice. One of the things that made me sell... was that $XBI is much higher above the 200dma than $LABU (a correlation difference)... and since XBI is the dog, adn LABU the tail... I decided to wait til better days. I think that when trading derivative tickers... one has to be careful not to use the wrong chart to drive buy sell decisions. I always look at the driving ticker first, then the derivatives. FWIW... good luck buddy...
- stevef214: $LABU STC Dec $35 calls for large loss. Another round trip from gain to a loss. Real rookie mistake even though I completed my rookie year last month. I guess that's why I did not get rookie of the year. :( Still another lesson learned. My take, you can't hold the triple ETF's long, get in and get out fast win or lose or at least own the stock so you can set trailing stops. Probably something @Dan said but its starting to get ingrained.
- DAN: @stevef214 $LABU Sorry about that, stevef214. Always smarts when you take a big loss. I just looked at LABU and my first thought was, "Hmmm. Why did he buy calls on this chart?" Here's why: Look at the slope of the 200-day and 50-day mov ...
- stairm01: @stevef214 $LABU I have owned this stock a while and have been selling the weekly Calls against it. This has helped keep me close to the surface, although, still under water. As Dan pointed out in his reply, he likes doing the credit spreads. I like owning the stock and selling the calls against the stock. I've been trading a long time, and finally, the last couple of years have been my best years and that's from owning the stock and selling the options against it. Sure, I've had the stock take off and left me in the dirt with a measly 3 to 10% return in a week on the options I sold, versus a 20-50% return on the stock had I not sold options. But still, it was a win in the positive direction, not a loss.
- infocus: @DAN $LABU $IWM Speaking of credit spreads, do you think the trade I made at 12:30 today was good, or not so much? Thanks.
- fitzfour113: @DAN $LABU - $CreditSpreads ... any opportunity to go a bit deeper in the strategy sessions on this tactic?
- DAN: @infocus $LABU $IWM I think it was a good trade. Dropping your cost basis...leaving the IWM calls room to run. All good!
- bigbartabs: @DAN $LABU ... regarding "called winning"... Wouldn't it be nice, when someone asks what you are doing now, you could just say "Oh... I'm a stock winner." Sure would sound a lot smarter than "trader", eh? And then when they ask... "oh my, isn't stock winning risky?" You could say... "Well, it is after all stock 'winning'. It would only be risky if it was called stock 'trading'." They would be scratching their head as they walked away... thinking... boy, that guy is really smart! And a winner.
- infocus: @DAN $LABU $IWM Thanks Dan. I haven't been trading options much lately and the idea came to me a few days after I bought the calls. I guess I "legged" into the trade,; an afterthought.
- hawk327: @stevef214 $LABU Have taken a few lumps with buying calls or puts. I found that I have to treat them as if I'm hiring a reformed crack addict. I have to be all over them, watching. If they do not perform as expected then they are out of here! Or be ready to pivot on the trade if appropriate. Just don't want watch the trades like that any more. Found it is much easier to sell premium. Wait for a good set up with something with less beta. Over time my returns have been much better. AND Sleep a lot better....
- bigbartabs: @hawk327 $LABU ... the reformed crack addict is $XBI. $LABU is the un-reformed crack addict, blind, with a chainsaw.
- coldevinc: @bigbartabs $LABU $XBI whewwwww........
- coldevinc: @stairm01 $LABU I have a rule for me. Any trade that goes 8% my way I get out. Have I left money on the table? Of course. But I don't get creamed trying to guess a top and then giving back all that I made.
- stevef214: @DAN $LABU Thanks Dan. Yeah I have recently been going back and analyzing my past trades and will do some more. Especially the losers. Yes again calls are hard to set stops on so I have been trying to trade more the stock then option so I can set sto ...
- bigbartabs: $XBU $LABU ... looks like are subject to a Trump tweet and down this morning.
- captron: $LABU - Bounced right at the 200.
- cmaxwel1: @steve71 $IBB $XBI $LABU down 12.50% today. Overreaction? I think so.
- champ: @cmaxwel1 $IBB $XBI $LABU -- Overreaction on News ...as always....but it's time to move on and just wait for new entries in this sector....you just can't get good opportunities like this....this is really good for traders.
- cmaxwel1: @DAN ($LABU Is Entry point of 33.44 (low point of bollinger band a low risk move?)
- Jibes: $Labu This looks compelling here. A high volume retest of the 200 DMA and a nice tail on the candle so far. The stochastics are oversold and I am hoping this is a shakeout of the weak hands before the second leg of a powerful move higher takes off. Here's hoping.
- bigbartabs: $DRN ... I bought a half position yesterday... then got so involved in bailing myself out of my $LABU problem this morning... I missed buying the other half. Bummer. Hopefully some of you did some buying there... if not the x3 ETF... maybe $VNQ, etc.
- bigbartabs: @Wolf ... I think the odds are that you are either right, or the pullback will be manageable when the market opens. No reason for a big gap down as I see it. Although... I didn't see myself getting nailed this morning with $LABU either... so what do I know... cheers... Speaking of $XBI $LABU ... take a look at the weekly. Squeeze city...
- captron: $LABU - Adding to my Spec position. Its working so far.
- captron: $LABU - My spec trade. Bounced off the 200 last week Keeping a stop at 33.95
- champ: $LABU $37.25 - Spec long day trade this morning....seems to be working
- stevef214: @DavidM $XBI $LABU same action. I am just wondering if it is a shot across the bow.
- stevef214: $LABU Forming a near perfect pennant flag. Thinking of adding here. The Pole was formed on high volume the only thing is that is was not in a uptrend before the flag started. Anyone have any further comments on this one?
- geotheo: @stevef214 $LABU started starter position today at 44.85. Got orders in for 42.65 then tight stops
- Geewhiz: $SOXL Thing of beauty. Trailing sop the last four days and it is still going. If only $LABU would behave this way.
- stevef214: $LABU Sell off into the close.
- stevef214: $LABU added a little today at $46.48 with it still above the 8D EMA
- stevef214: $LABU Still going up with a nice move today. I would take some profits but I got in somewhat late and only have a 1/4 position. It now looks like it could climb to the previous high range of $52-$55 since it has now looks to clear this resistance level. Anyone have any thoughts on it?
- bigbartabs: @stevef214 $LABU ... yes, $53 should be pretty good odds. I too am a little light at this point, but with some well engineered pullback adds, I think we can be back in play with a cushion profit pretty quickly. Having the prior 2 days of lows stay above the 50dma gives us some pretty good risk confidence as well... FWIW... good luck brutha...
- stevef214: @bigbartabs $LABU Good points, Thx
|Stock Price||$USD 45.49|
The investment seeks daily investment results, of 300% of the performance of the S&P Biotechnology Select Industry Index ("index"). The index is provided by S&P and includes domestic companies from the biotechnology industry. The fund normally creates long positions by investing at least 80% of its assets in the securities that comprise the index and/or financial instruments that provide leveraged and unleveraged exposure to the index. These financial instruments include: swap agreements; options on securities and indices; forward contracts; reverse repurchase agreements; ETFs; and other financial instruments. The fund is non-diversified.Request Video of LABU
Already a member? Sign in here.
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 47,600 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (47,600) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!