Costco Wholesale Corporation (NASDAQ:COST)
Old Forum Content for COSTMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- bRobert: $UAL nh Extended Partials $AL following this pb for tag of bottom of channel High growth Cheap but don't fight the tape $SAVE sideways consolidation at top of range. Partial profits on Swing trade from low. Watching for range breakout $KKR retest of breakout. Watching for bounce $XRT $RTH pullback as expected $RTH was parabolic Look for the good merchandise to come in to a more favorable buy zone eg $HD $TJX $BURL $COST $WMT $TGT sideways consolidation allowing 50d to catch up prior to next level move
- bRobert: $ROST $125 WEEKLY target Look for pb/bounces $COST $300+ $DG $145 $WMT $BURL $210 Most hard to buy. Easy to hold. Watch for opportunities $RTH flag Very extended/overbought. parabolic move. It has to come in for a rest soon
- bRobert: @CraigReynolds $RTH $COST $DG still rising $COST $300 plus but needs a rest You can just buy the $RTH after a decent pullback Diverse group of top flight companies
- CraigReynolds: @bRobert $RTH $COST $DG $DG is one of my stables, for junk to snack on, dangerous place because of type 2. $COST is wife's volume buys. In small with both, looking to add small again if allowed.
- bRobert: $DG nh $140 target exceeded trailing stops $COST nh Also extended $300+ long term Use trailing stops . Consider partials
- bRobert: $COST $300 weekly target for a while . Hard to buy Look for pb/bounce Long calls from below
- grcjr: $COST a nice move today ... New ATH.
- bRobert: @grcjr $COST $300 . destiny
- gvianello: @Bridget: is $COST on a break?
- Bridget: @gvianello $COST I'm not sure what you are asking
- gvianello: @Bridget is $COST breaking out?
- Bridget: @gvianello $COST This has been breaking out since early June. Now is not the time to be buying.
- grcjr: @gvianello @Bridget $COST - set a new ATH today. Currently touching the upper 3stdBB. I agree with @Bridget that it needs to rest a bit, not a time to buy. I have a position. Been taking some profits but keeping a position.
- BocaRick: @champ $HD $Barron's article today on HD and $LOW. Also, PM Cramer on CNBC came up with "WATCH" a new stock list for $WMT $AMZN $TGT $COST $HD.
- debeers: @BocaRick $HD $Barron $LOW $WMT $AMZN $TGT $COST In my opinion -It would be really helpful if Cramer were more precise and less concerned with being "cute." He is addicted to the limelight for which there is presently no cure and is desperate to regain the notoriety accorded him when the anagram "FANG" caught on.
- bRobert: $RTH nh WEEKLY breakout Many good names extended eg $COST $DG $WMT $BURL Long term holds Raised stops if trading around a core
$COST – first buy was May 50dma tag. Second was June 50dma breakout. 3rd was $250 breakout. 4th was early July move to $270. Can you buy now?
$FTNT – I’m zooming out for a better perspective.
$PFPT -- $130 alert
$DVA – up ...
- debeers: $LEVI- vs. $BOOTLesson: if your main store is JC penney which is a mall store, you got what you deserved. Stick with the stand alones: $BOOT/$COST. Levi overspent to get thefiling in the first place. Dumbo move. Does Levis have Boots, hats, jewelry, loyal customers who don't care about sales? Nope.
- grcjr: $COST new ATH
- bRobert: $COST $300 $DG $140+ nh's
- bRobert: @tkcoretrader $ULTA Many quality retailers are printing nh's or close . eg $COST $DG . $WMT $TGT . $HD This will also. One of the best .
- tkcoretrader: @bRobert $ULTA $COST $DG $WMT $TGT $HD My kind of swing day with watching this stock.
- bRobert: $ULTA Premier retailer $400+ measured move target Pb/bounces Long term hold $BURL $COST works Quality retail bullish
- bRobert: $COST flag $300 WEEKLY target
- bRobert: $UAL $90 swing trade target / partial profit/tight stop zone $COST nh $300 target Look for pb/bounce Quality retail has been working . ($WMT $TGT $ULTA $BURL $DG)
- bRobert: $COST flag $300 longer term $DG Raising trailers Very close to $140 target Taking Early partial
- bRobert: $COST WEEKLY breakout paying dividends $300+ long term
- bRobert: $COST $DG $WMT $TGT Retail strength. Not fancy. They just work.
- bRobert: @kt4000 $WMT $DG $COST nh's Quality retail doing very well
- bRobert: $DG nh $140 target close by. Raise trailers $COST nh Long consolidation $300 weekly target Look for pb/b $W $175 W target 1
$COST – breakout today.
$GLD – back to test top at $127.
$NUGT – holding at $20.
$KL – starting Phase 2?
$SOCL – lots of stocks rebounding off OS levels.
$GOOGL – snapback
$WB – China bottom?
$TWTR – P ...
- bRobert: $COST . nh . WEEKLY reversal target $300 . Holding
- bRobert: $COST LONG consolidation $300 target
- traderbren: $COST - trying to clear the 50d
- 1winkie: $COST $DG $DLTR $BURL mixed earnings this morning, but all stocks up , interesting.
- champ: @CraigReynolds --- $Z and $ZG...I'm holding size on both of these. On $ZS, small position....Yes, ER after.....#Plus, $ULTA $COST $DELL $VMW
- gwenzee: @champ $GOOS $BURL $ZS $ULTA $COST $DELL $VMW $DG $DLTR $LULU #Guess-trades LULU reports this Thursday.
- champ: Earnings, these are a few #Guess-trades....first is $GOOS and then...$BURL...next is $ZS $ULTA $COST $DELL $VMW $DG $DLTR....and then next week is..$LULU. So far I have only posted on both of these...$GOOS and $ZS....I'm only watching the others.
- champ: @gwenzee $GOOS $BURL $ZS $ULTA $COST $DELL $VMW $DG $DLTR $LULU #Guess-trades--- I'm seeing 6/5/after on both Schwab and Briefing, after a double check...but Yes...both are #unconfirmed. Do you see a confirmed date..?
- bRobert: $COST gentle walk out from long consolidation MACD cross $300 Long term holding stock.
- bRobert: @CraigReynolds $OLLI $COST
- bRobert: $PLCE 50d bounce Looking for follow through Long from below $FIVE Bounce from range bottom. Looking for follow through zig $LULU Consolidation Long term hold $COST Long term hold Ooozing out the top $290+
- traderbren: $COST - primed for a move higher. Getting a bid in this tape.
- bRobert: $DG Every pb has been an opportunity. $COST Long term hold $300+ pb/bounces
- bwcarnation1: @traderbren $COST nice v.s.3.3%
- scottrades: $COST Bumping right up against resistance.
- bRobert: $COST Squeezing
- bRobert: $XRT Acquired its range breakdown target Tested a few times . Making a stand . POSSIBLE trading low. Look around the sector eg $COST $DG $BURL $W (housing related as well)
- CraigReynolds: $OLLI -- Have position and looking to add if opportunity presents itself after tomorrow depending on Retail Sales numbers. Worth watching this company, may be opportunity. Earnings not until 6/4. Down yesterday but has held up prior day sell offs. Look at chart. According to Credit Suisse has target 103. They believe they could benefit from Tariff Anxiety in Retail Sector. Retail numbers for sector will be reported 5/15. $OLLI according to Credit Suisse could create closeout opportunities from others retail companies pain. $WMT will be another, they have earnings 5/16 and $COST earnings 5/30. These 3 companies seem to have ways according to news sources I have researched to benefit from tariffs anxieties, yes tariffs will effect but the are working there plan. Worth watching and listen for news on the hows.
- shoredriver: @CraigReynolds $OLLI $WMT $COST .... Earnings Whisper has $OLLI on 6/25...$COST is a LT hold. with a piece to trade.......
- CraigReynolds: @shoredriver $OLLI $WMT $COST Interesting TOS has 6/4; Ameritrade, part of TOS has 6/3. Earnings whisper is probably actuate. Thanks
- bRobert: $COST strong bounce $XRT . hammer. .... Long $COST
- bRobert: $COST . Close to nh . Top of tight range. Holding $300+ . $ULTA . risk clearly defined short term via flag. $410 . . WEEKLY target
- debeers: @bRobert $COST $ULTA --$ULTA reports in 10 trading days and i cannot imagine them not crushing it. I walked over to the new one being built in San Ramon. Had to wear a construction hat. They are really stoked about this one and they should be. It is going to be gorgeous and i can't wait.
- bRobert: @debeers $COST $ULTA Fabulous double digit earnings /revenue growth story. No edge over earnings. The critics can be moody.
- bRobert: $COST 50d bounce. Long consolidation. A bullish breakout will print $300 . Long term hold. $ULTA Looking for this to walk up and out. $400+ risk clearly defined. Long term hold
- bRobert: $DG $COST Small h&s tops completing. as MANY others are in my stock universe. The best stocks tend to incur the smallest hits and rebound first and fast. Make a list
- michaelH: @bRobert $DG $COST $DG has lots of China exposure, be careful!
- issues: I bought $CFMS & $ATEC and sold partial positions in $ARCT $SSO $DG $COST
- bRobert: $COST . nice squeeze along with retail . $XRT . Watch for a break to the sunny side. Long partial . from below trading around a core. $290+ . Add on pb/bounces above the $248 . potential breakout area
- bRobert: $COST . Squeezing a bit in healthy consolidation. Rising 50d . catching up. Longer term hold . Partial profits taken. Trading around a core. $290+ . longer term target
- bRobert: @Bob G $TYPE With so many stocks with bullish charts setting up , eg $CRM . $WDAY $HUBS ., $BABA $DE .$LMT . $FB $C $MAN . $FLT . $MA . $DIN . $CGC $DG . $COST . $ULTA $PANW $GTLS $KL . . $SLCA . $AXON . $BCO . $USCR . $CP . $UNP . $CSX . $R . MANY OTHERS why look at counter trend trades in broken stocks like this?
- Bob G: @bRobert $TYPE $CRM $WDAY $HUBS $BABA $DE $LMT $FB $C $MAN $FLT $MA $DIN $CGC $DG $COST $ULTA $PANW $GTLS $KL $SLCA $AXON $BCO $USCR $CP $UNP $CSX $R. I was looking for that quick blood in the streets trade. That being said, I don't have the time other than this morning to be sitting in front of my computer so I will heed your suggestion for longer term trades as you suggest. Thanks!
- bRobert: @Bob G $TYPE $CRM $WDAY $HUBS $BABA $DE $LMT $FB $C $MAN $FLT $MA $DIN $CGC $DG $COST $ULTA $PANW $GTLS $KL $SLCA $AXON $BCO $USCR $CP $UNP $CSX $R Usually I watch (and post) . much more than I trade, churn stocks.
- bRobert: $COST setting up. Squeezing WEEKLY flag $300 with trigger Long term hold
- bRobert: $PLCE $130 next after a little back filling I'm very bullish on retail $XRT setting up for a big move. Quality names will outperform $BURL $200 $COST $290 $DG $140+ $FIVE $170 ..... others
- bigbartabs: @debeers $BURL $ROST $DG $DLTR $TGT $COST $TJX $KSS $AMZN $HD … I currently own 6 x3 ETFs, and two single tickers... keeping me 141% in the market. I'll likely be outside getting my water ready to turn on my yard... trimming some trees out of the way of my mountains... and getting ready to take a buddy to San Jose tomorrow for some laser back surgery for a couple days. I try to spend little time chasing a boatload of tickers. Time is slipping by too fast for me now, to spend it looking at my computer 6.5 hours a day... :) Go get em girl... cheers...
- debeers: @bRobert $BURL $ROST $DG $DLTR $TGT $COST $TJX $KSS $AMZN $HD --you can't own everything whch is why $KSS has an amazing edge.
- bRobert: $ULTA $COST $DG $FIVE Bullish retail names in my Harem. Longer term holds from below
- bRobert: $COST I mentioned that a pb in this name was a gift after the great same store sales numbers they printed. Long from $190/$215 Partial profits /calls rolled along the way. Huge Daily/WEEKLY reversal pattern with $290+ target
$BLUE . $CMG $FLT $DIN . $DIS $FDX $R $ODFL $URI . $CMI $DG $WWE $LULU $RACE . $SLCA . $COHR . $GUSH . $BABA $FB . $AMZN . $GOOGL $AAPL . $SOXL . $XLNX . $IR $HON . $MMM . $UTX . $COST $THO $WGO $LCII $PANW . $FTNT etc ...
- CraigReynolds: @bRobert $COHR $HD $LOW $LII $IRBT $ILMN $TMO $BCO $LMT $DFEN $MELI $ULTA $LGIH $TSCO $MAN $LEA $ORLY $EDU $STRA $BOOM $BLUE $CMG $FLT $DIN $DIS $FDX $R $ODFL $URI $CMI $DG $WWE $LULU $RACE $SLCA $GUSH $BABA $FB $AMZN $GOOGL $AAPL $SOXL $XLNX $IR $HON $MMM $UTX $COST $THO $WGO $LCII $PANW $FTNT Another great post. Thanks again.
- bRobert: $COST . Outstanding 6% . same store sales . Extended. Look for weakness pb/bounce entry/ add. $275+ . target .
- bRobert: $COST $275+ Riding up the 10d Long from below
- beachreader: $COST kicking butt today
- bRobert: @beachreader $COST $290+ . target . Easy hold from $195
- bRobert: $DG Yest was the best time to buy. Still early. Great set up Long long base $135 target Long Will add on pb/b with confirmation. $COST Very strong. Watch and wait for better entry
- bRobert: $COST . nh . $240 reversal target recently acquired. .$290 . next. Not straight up. Look for pb/b
- beachreader: @bRobert $COST .thk you very helpful
- bRobert: @beachreader $COST VERY extended . Let it consolidate. a bit until 50d has a chance to catch up. Keep on watch list. VERY strong
- beachreader: $COST seems to be holding here 239 area..
- bRobert: $COST new closing high. $300 plotted in the GPS. Long from the bottom Even great stocks get dumped. Don't try to fight the downward. momentum Let the tantrum tire out the bulls who capitulate. Change in price action becomes very obvious. Plenty of upside to scale in SLOWLY.
- bRobert: $COST . creeping to $240 target 1 Rest for a while. and then $290 WEEKLY long term target . Not straight up. $TGT . Long term hold via leaps . $88 . No drama . I like that
- bRobert: $COST . completing to $240 target 1 . Long
- debeers: @bRobert $COST -good on you, bRobert
- bRobert: $COST $240 reversal target in sight. Will take partials / raise stops. Sell in scales Remain involved with $$ in pocket. Less risk.
- bRobert: $COST $240+
- bRobert: $COST Continues post earnings run $240+ Reversal target trailers
- bRobert: $COST Big pop on earnings beat EPS up 40% ($2.01 vs $167 expected) Revenue up 7% Same store sales up 6.7% Huge numbers for retail sales. Long calls Partial profits. $240+ with follow through.
- beachreader: @bRobert $COST ...thanks for some good news.. long both calls and stock!!!...wish my other position behave the same way in this market....
- bRobert: $COST WEEKLY Bullish MACD + ADX crosses. .Historically, these make $$$
- bRobert: $COST partials taken Pop built on $235 - $240 target Sell in scales
- bRobert: $COST Coming up against some short term resistance.Minimal short interest to add fuel. Weak market I expect a pb hence partials
- bRobert: @debeers $BURL $ROST $DG $DLTR $TGT $COST $TJX $KSS maybe Base is in place/AMZN $AMZN for beta $HD
- bRobert: $TGT Long Leap calls. Pin action in $COST $ULTA and others . $W /$RH short squeeze still working. Partials
- bRobert: $PLCE Retail trading vehicle $COST p3
- captron: $COST - Now back above the 200am. Needs a little more volume before I add.
- bRobert: @captron $COST Little squeeze out/phase 3
- bRobert: $COST $240 target $215 neckline $190 head Long from below
- bRobert: $BURL follow through Going higher with $TJX $DG $COST $TGT (long term hold) Quality retail $XRT squeeze out
|Stock Price||$USD 300.50|
Costco Wholesale Corp and its subsidiaries operate membership warehouses. It offers its members low prices on a limited selection of nationally branded and select private-label products in merchandise categories.Request Video of COST
Already a member? Sign in here.
- Costco Wholesale Corp. is breaking out of its three month downtrend and looks ready to move higher. By Bridget July 10th, 2015
- December 12th, 2019 - 2020 Q1 Earnings
- $USD 8.92 21.14%
- $USD 19.44 13.47%
- $USD 67.44 10.40%
- $USD 6.56 -60.56%
- $USD 17.84 -40.85%
- $USD 33.07 -12.28%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 65,300 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (65,300) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!