Costco Wholesale Corporation (NASDAQ:COST)
Old Forum Content for COSTMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- DrewGolf: Daily Review: 01/02/2020 BREAKING-UP: $AVLR $TRU $TWLO $NOC $LMT $ALGN $MSCI $WIX $VIS $RTN $RNG $ODFL $PCTY $HON $EFX $BFAM BREAKING DOWN: - SQUEEZING: $DT $SHW $ORLY $MKTX $HII ACTIVATED TRADES: $GE -Long Calls - https://www.tradingview.com/x/cHgVyqc4/ $SMAR - Long Calls - https://www.tradingview.com/x/F7WUoEpO/ $COST - Long Puts https://www.tradingview.com/x/hTd33hMW/
- CraigReynolds: @DrewGolf $AVLR $TRU $TWLO $NOC $LMT $ALGN $MSCI $WIX $VIS $RTN $RNG $ODFL $PCTY $HON $EFX $BFAM $DT $SHW $ORLY $MKTX $HII $GE $SMAR $COST Thanks for posting
- traderbren: $COST - back above the 8 ema, but still below the 20 & 50 dma...but could get some traction if other retailers continue to see interest.
- Wolf: #Earnings Missed one in the copy/paste $COST 2 -1 BEAT MISS
- Auto: $COST added long
- Ajax4Hire: @Auto $COST Little about $COST - CostCo Wholesale chart says buy to me. A clear bottom put in this morning at 9:43am. Someone likes the $290 cost for $COST. The good Earnings report is behind us now but the Moving Averages up to 50day are all negative slope; should stop-loss at $289.93; just under $290. I closed my $COST position(for a mild loss) back on Monday, December 2nd when it knifed thru the 50day-MA. As a company, $COST CostCo is the antithesis of $AMZN. I like CostCo, went shopping there yesterday with my Mom & Dad; had lunch there. $1.50 hotdog, no where else can I get such a bargain. I bought an 8-pack of "Cookies-in-a-Tin" as backup presents. You know, when you visit family on Christmas and un-expected relatives show up; they get a backup present.
- Ajax4Hire: @Dan, thanks for the live trading. I am starting a small position in $WMT - Walmart(Christmas rally) with a Stop-Loss set at $118.47. Another "Harmonic Convergence" of moving averages. My only concern is the 2019-11Nov-14Thu Earnings day spike. Of the WATCH stocks; $WMT, $AMZN, $TGT are promising. $COST is scary but $HD seems to be supported by 200day-MA. Set on a tight leash for now with Stop-Loss.
- DAN: @Ajax4Hire $WMT $AMZN $TGT $COST $HD 8-) Sounds about right, Ajax.
- indigo1948: @DAN $WMT $AMZN $TGT $COST $HD -excellent session Dan-you are not only very good on discussing individual stock trends but you are very lucid. That is much more than I can say for the “market experts” on CNBC and elsewhere. One of the reasons I have been a member for quite some time. Thank you again and I bought Feb. calls on SBUX after session -like the stock and your presentation.
- bRobert: $COST $288ish bear flag target was acquired ($10 flag move from $298 Same as $10 bear flag move from $302 - $292 ) I can't say that this is the bottom You can trade it with a stop np
- DAN: @indigo1948 $WMT $AMZN $TGT $COST $HD Hi indigo. Thanks my friend. I really appreciate that, and I'm glad to know that you're getting something out of my ramblings. ;-) I think your Starbucks calls are gonna be good. $$ Dan
- Herb: Anybody know why $COST is nosediving?
- shoredriver: @Herb $COST ....about1% constitutes nosediving?
- sierramp: @Herb $COST Reuters has a report dated 12-4-19 about November and Q1 sales.
- Herb: @shoredriver $COST Daily chart looking like crap.
- champ: @shoredriver $COST ---- Many don't understand the markets, there are both traders and investors. This investment position is up 44% YTD and earnings will be in 3-days, 12/12/after, traders always move off before. Investors will mostly all hold their positions. This is mostly an investment position, not really a trading position, for now.
- Herb: @champ $COST Thanks Champ.
- DrScience: @shoredriver $COST For a stock that's 5% off the highs, with an ATR of 3.68, falling from a volatility squeeze after a triple top, failure at the 50 DMA, a downtrending RSI, lower highs on MACD, and, just for good measure, a TTM Squeeze firing to the downside -- all this, after a report that sales comps were up 5.3%. I guess it could constitute the start of a nosedive, and there's still a ways to go before the pilot gets the engine restarted. He has a week 'til earnings on 12/12.
- baronp0329: @DrScience $COST $COST announced today that they're now selling $BYND Fake-Meat burgers. Maybe the meat lovers are exacerbating the downside further...:-) NP on COST. Long $BYND Dec Puts.
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $COST Costco Wholesale Corporation. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=COST&clip=115970
- Brice: @StockMarketMentor $COST Screen shows HTML 5. No play.
- jvee: @Brice $COST I got the same message. Click on Dec 2. I think this is from yesterday's strategy session..
- Herb: @StockMarketMentor $COST Keep getting a "File Not Found" message.
- scottrades: @StockMarketMentor $COST Here the full video. Click the $COST ticker for the analysis. https://stockmarketmentor.com/2019/10/stock-watch-october-18-2019/ @Dan suggested setting a Price Alert at 292-293 to see if it gives you a Buying Opportunity and a move to the upside.
$DAVA -- Taking ½ off the table. Raising stop to 44.10. Entry was 39.70. In this market, I am erring on the side of booking profits. Thinly traded, so it’s prudent to take profits. Cost basis on remaining shares -- 33.52 ($39.70 - ...
- bRobert: @atlantadave3 $ISRG $MDB $AYX $ZS $DOCU $ADBE $SHOP $EHTH $TDOC $AMGN $DVA $PODD $TNDM $MELI $BABA $BX $KKR $CG $BA $HES $LMT $BCO $UAL $CLDR $TMO $CSV $LOW $SLX $STLD $X $XME $FCX $COST $TRTN $TPC Your welcome. This is a buffet. Pick the dishes you like the most. I'm not suggesting you gorge on all the offerings.. Top down approach. See what sectors are working Look for the best of breeds. and good low risk entries The best stocks can make it hard to enter. Stops/trailing stops Risk management is the first and second rule of trading. With markets at highs, be selective,
$COST . Consolidation in preparation . for next level . $330 . Low risk/high reward
$TRTN . $42 . WEEKLY wedge breakout . 5.6% . dividend
$TPC . $30 . Long term target . WEEKLY reversal
- atlantadave3: @bRobert $ISRG $MDB $AYX $ZS $DOCU $ADBE $SHOP $EHTH $TDOC $AMGN $DVA $PODD $TNDM $MELI $BABA $BX $KKR $CG $BA $HES $LMT $BCO $UAL $CLDR $TMO $CSV $LOW $SLX $STLD $X $XME $FCX $COST $TRTN $TPC Thanks for all you do. I have learned, and made a lot from your posts. Many thanks!
- bRobert: $COST Setting up for low risk entry Quality name 12/12 report Long into earnings $DG tight consolidation > 50d 12/5 report $BURL high base $220 Reports tomorrow $WMT tight consolidation Earnings were fine Long term bullish Alert for breakout $ROST tight consolidation post earnings
- bRobert: $XRT h&s top Be very selective in this group. Stops . Break of 50/200d just below could test $40 area $TGT flag $130+ flag target Stop under flag $WMT consolidation > 50d $COST pb towards 50d Tight Consolidation $330 with confirmed breakout $DG sideways consolidation at 50d $ROST same $TJX $BURL Consolidation This is an all star team of retail Higher targets with a bullish resolution of consolidation Patience/partials/stops
- bRobert: $TGT measured move flag target $130 area Long partial call position post profits Tght stop $COST tight consolidation A tad extended on WEEKLY >50week. Look for more consolidation/breakout $330+ with confirmation $WMT Sideways consolidation continues after failed breakout Earnings were more than fine Wait for the stock to tell you it wants to come out again . Stop < 50d too tight $115.90 better IMHO OR wait for breakout/pb/bounce $BURL $220 high base target with move > $210 $ROST Sideways consolidation Small h&s top $XRT small h&s top May pull back further. More consolidation needed A WEEKLY move > $45 flag would be more assuring with $50 target
- Auto: $COST added
- snowbound: $COST 305.89 pre-market . 307.34 hi of 09-09 . +/- 1/3 % (?) to BO level with good retail numbers coming in this morning . I'm in from slightly below w/ partial .
- Ajax4Hire: Cramer(Mad Money) WATCH Consumer stocks: $WMT - Wal-Mart $AMZN - Amazon $TGT - Target $COST - CostCo %HD - HomeDepot
- shoredriver: @Ajax4Hire $WMT $AMZN $TGT $COST ..Well, .... if Crammer says so........lol
- bRobert: $OLLI pinching/consolidation > 50d Reversal pattern $75+ target High beta play $COST tightly constructed high base and tiny cup $310/ $330 Solid retail choice Dec 12 earnings still far away $XRT w pattern Big reversal pattern $44ish neckline $38 head $50 measured move target 15% upside More with Call options if savvy. Another good alternative
- bRobert: $WMT pre pop on earnings.to $124 target Raised guidance Anticipate taking partial profits in some manner Long leap calls Pin action in the best in show retail names eg $TGT $COST $TJX $BURL $DG $ROST
- bRobert: $ISRG $600+ high base target W in motion as well $600 $ZBH $160 high base c&h like Long $SYK Bottoming action over 200d Watching for gap fill Long term bullish $DVA flag $80 target Long $VAC flag $130/$145 with trigger Long $COST Tight high base pattern $330 Long calls for a while Rolled
- DrScience: $COST made an @Aragorn 3-day pullback to the 8 EMA after a failed breakout last week. This morning, the stock opened lower, and now threatening a second attempt to break out from a 3.6% VS.
- bRobert: $XRT Pulling back to potential bounce zone. at 20d Big reversal triggered/retest/bounce W Big reports on tap $WMT tomorrow $124+ target 1 Long calls from below Rolled This report will set the tone Most report later in month $COST Tight high base set up $330 Long calls $OLLI High beta spec play 20% upside target 1 $75 reversal pattern $BURL WEEKLY target $220 Consolidation Trigger watch
$COST -- Stop at $299.50. 198.60 is Mark’s stop (below Tuesday’s intraday low).
$ROST -- Stop at $109.25. Earnings 11/21.
GSL: Won’t be updating these every day. Just Wednesday and over74.00 weekend.
$PAYC -- Added $225.90. S ...
- bRobert: $OLLI . Watching for bounce after throwback to neckline/50d . $75+/$80 . Long $WMT reports 11/14 . Should stir the pot Many good names $TGT $ROST . $COST $BURL $DG
- bogiedog1: $COST on a three day run, nearing new high
- Herb: @DAN the $COST daily chart looks like a cup & handle within the handle of a larger cup & handle. (Hope that makes sense).
- Imortalz1: @Herb $COST I STO the Dec 6th 290/280 for .80 earnings are 12/12
- Herb: @Imortalz1 $COST bull put spread?
- DAN: @Herb $COST Yep. COST is working.
$COST -- Squeeze today. But I question how much higher this can go from here.
$ALB -- Remember...we don’t buy accumulation. We buy markup.
$MOMO -- Good breakout
$ROKU -- There is no trade here. Intraday...but nothing now.
$FLT -- Wait for ...
- scottrades: $COST Nice volume yesterday. Grinding sideways in a tight range. Watch to see if it takes out yesterdays high.
- Ajax4Hire: @scottrades $COST Agreed. $COST - CostCo Wholesale Corp. is the antithesis of $AMZN-Amazon and $WMT-Wal Mart. The MACD for $COST seems to be ready to signal "UpTrend". Been building a position in $COST with a Stop-Loss Redline=$291.71. Suspect I will complete $COST position today. Thanks for the analysis.
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $COST Costco Wholesale Corporation. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=COST&clip=116448
$COST -- pinching here. Likely moving higher.
$TTC -- This could go much higher.
Why you need rules:
$CHK -- Never hold losers.
- Herb: @DAN $MTCH $MYGN $SPX $Don $DJI $NDX $EDU $CPRT $PLMR $PAYS $SHAK $OPRX $WBA $VZ $COST $TTC $CHK $MDR $XOM Did you take $MTCH today? If so, at what price and what time did you buy it?
- bRobert: $TJX throwback/retest bounce phase 3 type $65 Many other retailers to adopt $COST pinch over 50d $330 $BURL $220 $WMT $125 $OLLI $75+ reversal target $ROST $115/$120 $$GBTC
- traderbren: $COST - moving above the 20dma and 8ema...constructive for a move higher.
- JonathanTrades: $COST looks almost ready
- bRobert: @JonathanTrades $COST Safest entry is a partial buy in this area . with stop . I prefer not buying breakouts I carry swing trades bought closer to support through breakouts Trailing stops on breakout locking in swing profit in case of a false breakout/fake out . I would add on a pullback/ bounce from above the breakout area . Confirmation . Higher probability trade
- sierramp: @JonathanTrades $COST Started a small position 5 min from the close.
- bRobert: $TJX WEEKLY breakout/flag $70+ Long $COSt pinching a bit >50d $330 high base target Longer term hold $ROST WEEKLY breakout $125 $WMT $125 WEEKLY flag 50d bounce /entry add $TGT 50d bounce $DG pb to 50d
$COST -- potential touch and go. Alert $300
$INMD -- reports earnings tomorrow. Alert was triggered last week at $32 from TTO 1031.
$ARLP - From Thursday’s TTO session. As suggested...you watch stocks that have bounce potential for several ...
- bRobert: $TJX . WEEKLY breakout/flag throwback/retest. $70+ . with flag trigger Good entry with stop $56.90 $COST . pinching $330 $WMT . 50d . bounce . $124 . long leap calls $ROST 50d . bounce Long sideways . consolidation . Low risk entry $DG . squeeze near . 50d . $OLLI . $75 reversal target 1 . Bounce near 50d . LOW risk entry . Stop <50d . Long term hold
- issues: Cramer mentioned mongolese? What's the symbol? He said $WM $WMT $TGT $COST $SBUX are all ok.
- bsnceo: @issues $WM $WMT $TGT $COST $SBUX This is a long-time pick of Cramer: $MDLZ
- champ: @bsnceo $WM $WMT $TGT $COST $SBUX $MDLZ --- He never sells, he only adds, that is his trading style, but he can't use his own $$$'s, it against the law, when you are on CNBC...he is only a #paper-trader. .....He is great in the mornings before the open, he calls market direction and he is really good at it, for day-trade.
- mopick: @champ $WM $WMT $TGT $COST $SBUX $MDLZ #paper-trader, not really true. He runs a fund on his site with proceeds going to charity. He buys & sells all the time, as I have been a member in the past.
- bsnceo: @champ $WM $WMT $TGT $COST $SBUX $MDLZ #paper-trader Cramer can add $ to his Charitable Trust, which provides the window into his trades. The rest of his trades that don't get publicity are for accounts the public doesn't see.
- champ: @mopick $WM $WMT $TGT $COST $SBUX $MDLZ #paper-trader --- Yes, that is true but not his money, he personally can take profits our losses. He has fire staffers, that has done that on CNBC, before, I don't know how his staffers on his funds work. He d ...
- bRobert: $MED . $115 . target 1 . close trailing stops $SYK $ZBH . $ZBH . consolidation . $HIIQ . $31$35 . Short squeeze Long from below $EHTH reversal continues close to target $70 . 50/200d above kPartials/stops raised \$HIIQ . $UNH WEEKLY W swing trade in motion $265+ . $CI . trailer raised . Near top of range $LMT . reversal . $388 target 1 $LABU . zig zagging higher . $AMGN . $220 . high base $GBX . $39 . reversal target . Pullback/retest . neckline $30 $BYND . $80 . bear flag target . Long puts from above . Profits $40 . H&S . target $KMX . $LAD (short squeeze). Flag watches . Long partials $ROKU . $180 . target . Long calls $IR . $HON . quality long term holds Top of range . $TJX . phase 2 . $WMT . Buy/add with stop < 50d . $124 . Long calls $ROST . same $COST . $330 . high base target $GLD . tight consolidation < 50d . $GDX . Wedge Watching for move >50d to nh . and WEEKLY flag/ Monthly C&H . trigger $SMH . flag . at highs . Will move with $AAPL
- Ajax4Hire: $COST - Costco Wholesale corp. 50day-MA seemed to be important to $COST but now 20day-MA,8day-eMA seems to be the deciding factor. Volume has been declining while price meanders sideways which usually bodes well for an uptrend. Part of Jim Kramer's WATCH ($WMT, $AMZN, $TGT, $COST, $HD) retailers. CNBC story about how $COST is the antithesis of $AMZN. $COST sells a few select items at fixed locations to a core of true believers. Starting a long-term position now.
- scottrades: Looks like a C&H on $COST.
$COST -- at a pivot point.
$ACA -- breakout from a flag. Earnings are in 2 days, so this is risky to hold.
$DUST -- still range bound.
- bRobert: $XRT Looking for many very good names to come in further to low risk buy points closer to 50d. eg $WMT $ROST $TJX $COST $TGT $DG $HD $BURL (50d bounce yesterday) All star retail team . Wait for green shoots .....green candle prints, hammer bottoms.
- Herb: Anybody know why $TGT $COST $DG are being sold today?
- PhilHarmonic: @Herb $TGT $COST $DG Taking profits
- Reif99: A whole bunch of failed breakouts today. A couple that have worked (so far) $ELP, $SITC, $SPAR and $ORA. I'm in $SUM and $COST (rejected so far) and I had $AKAM, $EW, $BRO and $PRFT on the watch list but they couldn't hold the new highs.
- bRobert: @gwenzee $TGT $CPB Many good retailers retested $BURL $TJX $COST
- gwenzee: @bRobert $TGT $CPB $BURL $TJX $COST Right now just looking at a specific pattern i.e. POOTB.
- bRobert: @champ $OLLI $DG $ROST Yes . ROST particularly good chart NH . $120 TARGET 1 . Looking for pb/bounces to add $DG . $172+ . Long term hold . $WMT . Long leap calls $124 . target 1 $BURL . $220 . high base target . $COST . $320 . high base target . Long $TGT . $115 target 1 . $TJX . $64 . target . Long
- champ: @bRobert $OLLI $DG $ROST $WMT $BURL $COST $TGT $TJX --- Yes sir, you are on the right track but you always are.
$COST -- Good rebound off 50-day MA. Don’t buy any breakout. Must wait. Alert $293
$TGT -- similar to COST. Must wait.
$TTC -- Weekly chart shows this potential. Alert $75
$INFO -- breakout….but not buyable here. Keep it on your ...
- scottrades: $COST Breaking above on decent volume.
- scottrades: $COST Back to HOD
- baronp0329: @scottrades $COST Scott, $COST in my Long term accounts from $240-248 in April. NP, in my trading accounts. The Weekly Chart looks great (from a Tweet by another chartist). Do you have any positions?
$COST Broke out of a small base this morning.
$V Above the 50 Day. Support at 176 Would love to see it go sideways into Earnings
$MA Tight Range. No trigger yet. Earnings in 12 Days.
$TPX Alerted in the Live session today.
$UPLD I have a small p ...
- DAN: Good morning. The market is set to open flat this morning. Costco ($COST) is up after reporting same store sales for September that were about 10% higher than the consensus estimate. Costco has been in a pretty solid trend with the 50-day moving a ...
- Ringo: $COST - Strong
- debeers: $COST (otherwise known as my home away from home) Here's what is hurting their #'s: imported numbers cost going up. If you need parmesan cheese, go now before the repricing. Otherwise, the'll bre impacted in their spirits as wine and some liquors will go up. Additionally that having been said, i think they will get additional margins from the vegan foods. Strong dollar is compensated for by the China slowdown.NP
- Henry: @debeers $COST I always thought you were a $WMT girl ;-)
- shoredriver: @Henry $COST $WMT ....Did your vision include a scooter?..
- Henry: @shoredriver $COST $WMT she is in here somewhere, maybe page 3 http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/
- bsnceo: @debeers $COST I too go to Costco frequently. For the past year, I've been noticing that the parking lot isn't filled as much as it used to be.
- debeers: @bsnceo $COST -A lot of Costco is now online ordering FYI
- debeers: @Henry $COST $WMT -Don't make me come over to your house and wash your mouth out with soap, Henry! LOL
- bsnceo: @debeers $COST $WMT I don't like the way $WMT stores smell - like they have disinfected the stores
- traderbren: $COST - pushing higher after testing the 50dma this morning. NP
- Pcdentist: @traderbren $COST Thanks for the alert
- scottrades: $COST Trying to break out of an hourly base. Nice volume last hour.
- scottrades: $COST Strong into the close
- lostsheep: @scottrades $COST whole market strong into the close. light on volume but strong
- bRobert: @scottrades $COST Bulk buying
|Stock Price||$USD 304.85|
Costco Wholesale Corp and its subsidiaries operate membership warehouses. It offers its members low prices on a limited selection of nationally branded and select private-label products in merchandise categories.Request Video of COST
Already a member? Sign in here.
- Costco Wholesale Corp. is breaking out of its three month downtrend and looks ready to move higher. By Bridget July 10th, 2015
- May 28th, 2020 - 2020 Q3 Earnings
- $USD 9.29 43.72%
- $USD 44.74 15.99%
- $USD 13.95 10.58%
- $USD 8.46 -116.20%
- $USD 14.06 -84.25%
- $USD 21.72 -60.71%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 69,200 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (69,200) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!