Dollar General Corporation (NYSE:DG)
Old Forum Content for DGMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
$DG -- Looks a lot like $OLLI
$FIVE -- holding above $105 and looking pretty solid.
(Several stocks have run too high to consider buying, and others are just so far down (E.g., $JWN $M) that it's a poor bet to buy them. Dividends to unbelievably hi ...
- wandainnes: @bRobert $DG it looks ready to go, any thoughts ?
- just4mo: @wandainnes $DG I took a cheat partial position a bit lower and will look to add when it clears yesterday's high with volume. I would not add now but wait for confirmation of a breakout. There is not risk/reward ratio advantage at this price imo
- bRobert: @wandainnes $DG It's tight with troops at the border Retail is printing new highs Take a partial if you like $DG
- wandainnes: @bRobert $DG thank you yes
- wandainnes: @just4mo $DG thanks
- bRobert: @Nepenthe $TGT All of them threatening $WMT C&H base $147+ $TGT tightening consolidation $135 with trigger $COST flag $350 $DG squeeze $205
- Bwhitty: $DG keeping a eye on it.
- Nepenthe: @bRobert $TGT $WMT $COST $DG Thanks. Responses always appreciated. Starting a small position in $TGT, again. Will look for a move above 123 or so on volume to add. Cheers.
- scottrades: @Bwhitty $DG Nice chart. Wish there was more Daily volume.
- Bridget: $DG there she goes, finally!
- bRobert: @Bridget $DG You could use some fireworks. effects. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DRaRwUjliM Patience is a virtue trade. I like long courtships
- bRobert: @scottto_2 $DECK $SCVL $38/$50. $CROX. tight consolidation Retail is breaking out to new highs. Many things are set up to roll. $DG $TGT $WMT. $GOOS $FIVE. $CONN $OLLI +. $BBY. nh. Many names. $DKS. Fresh breakout.
- bRobert: $XRT. is breaking out. Long base. Top down approach $COST. flag. $350 $DG. squeeze. $TGT. tight wedge $135 $WMT. high base Cup. $145 $GOOS. Pinch a goose $29. $TPX. Squeeze lying over support $100+ . . Housing kicker $CONN pinching. $13/$20. Shorts. 34%.
- traderbren: $DG - pushing up against the upper BB after trading sideways since June. The ADX has just flipped to the plus side too. Looks poised to move out from this range...to start the next Box on the upside.
- Bridget: $DG purely technical perspective, this one is a great set-up and looks ready to finally breakout.
- lostsheep: @Bridget $DG $DLTR was looking at this today as well. CEO retiring and promoting someone from within. Looked interesting
- marketdude: @Bridget $DG I have an alert set (195) at just above the high
- Herb: @DAN thoughts on $DG? eps rating 95, composite rating 99. rs not great at 78. Pinching. . . . .
- bRobert: @Herb $DG My only issue with the stock RHRN is on the WEEKLY. It frequently touches back to the 20 WEEK It may not happen but it is due. Daily squeeze over the 50d. Stop would be very close, just below Is there a catalyst before earnings in late August? It could trade sideways for a while longer Will that wear you out ? This is a very low risk trade until earnings given the close stop.
- Herb: @bRobert $DG Thanks Robert. Appreciate the ideas. . . . .
- bRobert: $DG. This stock OFTEN checks back to the 20 WEEK. Make sure you have a tighter stop. $180. possible and nothing would be wrong in this time frame
- bRobert: $DG Watching for a test of the 20d A frequent destination spot for good entries
- bRobert: Pinches / long consolidation looking for resolution Watching carefully $IYT. $UNP a good example $XLF. $C $XHB. $HD $LOW others $XRT. $DG
- scottrades: My notes today: $SPY Slightly above the slope $QQQ Still. Going. $GDX Pulling back within the uptrend. $DT Higher Lows. $TSLA Team work makes the dream work. Great trading on this today everyone! $WORK Bumping up against resistance. $SMG Close. $MU A @bRobert fave. $COST No losses allowed now. $ENR Holding at the 8EMA Looking for a push.. $CGC Through the 50 Day on Volume. $CMCSA A low squeeze with the 200 Day Above. $DIS Some forum chatter about this. Use the 8EMA $DG in a tight squeeze. $XHB Homebuilders still in trend $LEN Up on high volume, down on less. $TOL Basing under the 200 Day. Weaker. $TMHC Off the 200 Day. $DHI inside Day. Small shelf.
- Angdionk: $DG low risk entry here with 50dma very close underneath. And squeezing bb's
- jbuc5222: $DG ....starting to show some life, has been in long squeeze
- Orange-Green: Is anyone else seeing $DG squeezing here?? Looks like a low risk entry
- bRobert: @Orange-Green $DG Your eyes don't deceive you . It may consolidate for a while before it decides to break out . On the WEEKLY view, this stock does visit the 20 WEEK with some frequency and has proven to be an excellent entry point It is currently extended above that zone I see no rush to get in and think it's worth holding out for a better price I don't think it's running away.
- Orange-Green: @bRobert $DG Thank @bRobert! Cheers
- MtChet: $BJ $OLLI $DG - Resellers doing well today
- Bridget: @MtChet $BJ $OLLI $DG $BIG as well
- spmeyers: @scottto_2 $AEM $AGI $AU $BE $BILL $CCH $CEF $CLX $DG $DOCU $DOYU $DPZ $DRD $EA $FIVN $FNV $GFI $GRUB $HUYA $KR $NLS $NOMD $NTES $OCFT $OKTA $PDD $PFSI $PVG $RGLD $SAND $SCPL $SERV $SSRM $TCO $TDOC $VAPO $VIRT $VNET $W $ZM I like $DOMO at the 20-day
- scottto_2: I remain on the hunt for low risk entries. I screened for stocks that, in spite of the overall market flush, had a higher low versus yesterday. A lot of Usual Suspects showed up and a few that maybe we should know about. Anyhow, here they are FWIW (I left out Healthcare, Biotech Dreamers and anything under 5 bucks): $AEM $AGI $AU $BE $BILL $CCH $CEF $CLX $DG $DOCU $DOYU $DPZ $DRD $EA $FIVN $FNV $GFI $GRUB $HUYA $KR $NLS $NOMD $NTES $OCFT $OKTA $PDD $PFSI $PVG $RGLD $SAND $SCPL $SERV $SSRM $TCO $TDOC $VAPO $VIRT $VNET $W $ZM Looks like there are some potential entries here with stops below today's intraday low. Also several are buttressed by significant support at major moving averages, also providing a logical stop for a trade. Happy hunting. Would love to know any ideas that people come up with. Thanks. Scott
- spmeyers: @scottto_2 $AEM $AGI $AU $BE $BILL $CCH $CEF $CLX $DG $DOCU $DOYU $DPZ $DRD $EA $FIVN $FNV $GFI $GRUB $HUYA $KR $NLS $NOMD $NTES $OCFT $OKTA $PDD $PFSI $PVG $RGLD $SAND $SCPL $SERV $SSRM $TCO $TDOC $VAPO $VIRT $VNET $W $ZM there are a bunch of tech stocks where the 20-day looks like it might offer support (e.g., $LSCC), but I gotta see it before I get in the water.
- Jazman0013: $DG looking at the 3 month chart it seems to be making a move. I liked the tag of the middle Bollinger Band and added after it moved up from there. I was late in my initial entry with the June 195 calls as I expected a bigger move. The July 190s are ...
- Jazman0013: $DG dang! Go Dollar go! Didn’t see that coming.
- Jazman0013: $DIS coming back in after a nice little run. Did well with the calls. $DG not as well played. Bought out of the money June 195s. Took today’s weakness in the stock to pick at some July 190s. Probably going to bail on the June 195s. Not like it can’t make the move and it isn’t a stretch on a ~$200 stock but time is ticking and it has to move significantly to make any real money on the position there.
- Jazman0013: Added to $DG June 195 and $DIS July 115 calls today.
- JoeT: $DG breaking out on the daily chart. Up almost 4% today ($DLTR has been gapping up for a few days previous)
- bRobert: $DG. $197. target. Long
- traderbren: $DLTR - gapping up pre-mkt. Wouldn't chase here, but watch the opening rotation. NP. If and when it clears $98 there is a nice gap to be filled to the upside which will occur in time. Also, $DG will pop to a new high this morning.
- champ: $DLTR $DG are both up 2.2%...both will be reporting earnings in the morning.
- Craigy: Opening a half position in $DG on fundamentals, chart and market conditions. As signs say go.
- gkhanson51: @Craigy $DG Earnings tomorrow!
- shoredriver: @Craigy $DG ...earnings in morning.......w........
- Bert953: @Craigy $DG reports tomorrow morn
- champ: $DG $DLTR, both right around HOD, earnings in the morning.
- Craigy: @gkhanson51 $DG Yup
- Craigy: @gkhanson51 $DG Yup
- Craigy: @shoredriver $DG Yup
- Craigy: @Bert953 $DG Yup
- Craigy: @Craigy $DG Yes thank you all, I know. That's why a half position. But for me the market is telegraphing a message and the price action is a good signal. I would be extremely surprised if it gaped down on any report. It's a discount store in a brutal retail environment with an amazing weekly chart.
- Craigy: @gkhanson51 $DG Yup
- champ: @Craigy $DG --- You never know, earnings reports can always #surprise, in either direction. This report and all earning reports are all about guidance...I took profits off on this trade, NP.
- AlexJFraser: Is anyone watching $DG ? Looks like it is squeezing, earnings coming up.
- Bridget: $DG starting to break out of a squeeze
- Kimberley: @Bridget $DG Hi Iam new to SMM do I see a flag that formed from Monday to now and that is the Squeeze
- Kimberley: @Bridget $DG Monday last week
- Jnlapp: $DG breaking out of a volatility squeeze?
- Jazman0013: $DG on the move.
- LMReeder: $DG in VS, 2+ weeks to Earnings, long time since seen a good sqweeze
- 86944T: @LMReeder $DG Thanks. Great stock. I rode it up and got out around 180, which was the right decision. Now its consolidated enough that its starting to squeeze. I’ll be waiting for an entry.
- Jazman0013: $DG keep an eye on DG, might be getting ready to move again soon. If it goes from here then it was a brief rest after the recent move up
- Jazman0013: @Golfkop $BYND. I would think profit taking off a nice run. Probably a little overdone here. I sold around $110.50 earlier. Seemed prudent. I wasn’t as well rewarded with $DG which promptly turned about when I closed my long puts for a gain. Can’t get them all right. Still made money and not complaining.
- Bert953: @bwcarnation1 $OLLI $DLTR $DG loogs good. Im just cautious buying these equities way up here. $DG looks like a flag thats about to reclaim its momentum.
- bwcarnation1: @Bert953 $OLLI $DLTR $DG seems rotation going on from the big tech winners to retail, banks etc...who knows how long it will last.
- Jazman0013: $DG looks to be resting. $PINS nice move. Might sell a little to lighten up ahead of the weekend. Birds in hand so to speak...
- Auto: $SDGR break VS two days ago inside candle yesterday higher low today next stop $50 added $DG working added $RUN nice VS on the daily wants to break watch $13.00 to add
- Jazman0013: @Auto $SDGR $DG $RUN nice! $DG looks like a Good Play for some time. They have popped up all over by us and have a great product line at reasonable prices. I think they will be a go to for many people who find their finances are tight. A very positive aspect is unlike our local grocery store they are well stocked. I’m net Long $DG.
- Jazman0013: $DG up but volume leaves a lot to be desired.
- Jazman0013: $BYND popping up today. Looks like $DG taking a little rest.
- Jnlapp: $CYBR nice break- missed it this morning but looking good to 100? $DLTR ugly cousin of $DG, poised to make a similar move? Watching 82.50 $SEAS like the higher lows, falls into the category of "up to and including bankruptcy, is there really any unexpected bad news not already in the stock?"
- zman: @Cokeman1959 $DLTR check out $DG
- Cokeman1959: @zman $DLTR $DG I did, but twice as expensive.
- Jazman0013: $DG nice ramp into the close but the volume was down.
- Jazman0013: $DG nice run. Sold on the way up and it didn’t give me the pullback I had expected. This one should work well. The economic damage of the virus will make this a go to for families hit hard. They have quality product in spite of the name. Also a better bet for available product over our local grocery store. Thinking of selling some puts. Anyone have a decent strike idea or time frame? I would prefer to sell them on a down day but... not getting many.
- Jazman0013: $DG straight up... glad I got in. The pullback I had hoped to see has not come up yet. Never put on a full position though
- Jazman0013: $DG just sold some of the position. Up like a rocket since I bought it. Wait for the pullback and add back in. The thesis remains about income destruction in the current environment. They have quality product at reasonable prices though the ‘dollar’ moniker is a bit off.
- traderbren: @Jazman0013 $DG - yeah, a great run. I took my Calls off this morning given the run. Gotta bank some dough.
- Jazman0013: @traderbren $DG I would have loved to have bought calls but I’m just not that connected and nimble anymore. Congratulations on the gains!
- Margi1983: @Jazman0013 $DG Great trade. I did not do as well as you as sold my entire $DG position with a nice profit back on 4/1
- Jazman0013: @Margi1983 $DG thank you. I got in at 152.66 recently but this is my wife’s pick from down around $78 when she said we should buy it. In retrospect I wish I would have in a couple other accounts. But the recent move and pickup was nice indeed.
- traderdl: $DG lod from ATH
- Jazman0013: $SPY. Wow, have the averages dropped... I wanted so bad to buy but couldn’t do it earlier. Glad I didn’t. Glad I took partial position on $DG. Rough time for the non nimble...
- agiaccag: @Jazman0013 $SPY $DG The price action looks like a pinball machine sometimes. nuts.
- JBed: @agiaccag $SPY $DG All bets are off from my perspective. Covid stocks are unreliable and overvalued and there's no longer a clear direction in the markets.
- Pcdentist: @JBed $SPY $DG Always follow your posts, thanks
- Jazman0013: @Pcdentist $SPY $DG coming back off the lows for now. What a ride!
- Jazman0013: $DG not a RHRN buy but I believe this one will work. Incomes will be hit by the virus and cash will be tight. Whether or not we see help from Uncle...
- 86944T: @Jazman0013 $DG Sold April 135 P last week. Working well, Wished I had bought the stock. Up big.
- Jazman0013: @DAN probably right about internet congestion. Roads are largely empty most days. I have an essential position so I am out in this ‘yay me’. My half work from home day yesterday saw slow internet with both the kids doing school work and my wife working from home as well. Strange days... $DG... I ended up buying some. As to below I think this and issues like this will be a go to for some time. No matter what else happens when a lot of hurt is now in the wallets of consumers.
- Jazman0013: @86944T $DG no pleasure in the thesis. They have popped up all over by us in NE Pa. Oddly they are better well stocked and managed than the local grocery store for many items of late. But I, sadly, believe income erosion will send many their way.
- cb: $DG could be a painful squeeze beginning RHRN. Bounce off bottom triangle line
- cb: $DG through 140 watch the 146 level 146 area is the upper triangle line in the sand....this stock could double from here going into the summer..... Set alerts accordingly
- cb: $DG 1min bull flag triggered
- Bert953: @captron $COST I was looking at it as well but it doesn't look like its being accumulated yet. I bought $BJ in paper account but just got stopped out. Mr Market has no direction that I can see today. Of course this could change at any moment. Hmmmm $DG bullish engulfing pattern on daily chart, Resistance 8dEMA.
- cb: @Bert953 $COST $BJ $DG Dollar Store is in a channel down and currently in a triangle trading range. If it breaks down out of triangle which currently is near the 137 level, Watch for 130 - 125 to reveal true support. that risk needs to be factored in your management. I am long currently... this at some point will settle and resolve. Long term scale into slowly..... Sometimes on tickers this pricey I buy a share daily... if warranted... building a pos slowly with low exposure long term works great, and keeps you from losing your $$.
- cb: $DG Approaching entry @ 137 Watching
- cb: $DG $1.97 range @ 12:20 1 min bar
|Stock Price||$USD 214.32|
Dollar General Corporation is a discount retailer in the United States, which offers a selection of merchandise, including consumables, seasonal, home products and apparel.Request Video of DG
Already a member? Sign in here.
- December 3rd, 2020 - 2020 Q3 Earnings
- $USD 21.19 22.21%
- $USD 22.94 21.13%
- $USD 52.12 13.15%
- $USD 9.54 -34.87%
- $USD 29.97 -7.92%
- $USD 195.96 -4.81%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 30 day trial membership for just $7.77. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 74,800 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (74,800) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 30 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!