Omnicell Inc. (NASDAQ:OMCL)
Old Forum Content for OMCLMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
DAN $AJRD $ALRM $ANTM $BEAT $BSTC $CYBR $DATA $EHTH $ETSY $EVTC $FIVN $FN $GHDX $GLOB $HLF $IIPR $MEDP $NOW $PLNT $TEAM $TNDM $TTD $TWLO $VEEV $WDAY $WING $WK $FTNT $OLLLI $PANW $ZS $COUP $PAYC $LULU $ULTA $ADBE $OMCL $AMED $PAYS
10:49 AM 08/0 ...
- success: @DAN $AJRD $ALRM $ANTM $BEAT $BSTC $CYBR $DATA $EHTH $ETSY $EVTC $FIVN $FN $GHDX $GLOB $HLF $IIPR $MEDP $NOW $PLNT $TEAM $TNDM $TTD $TWLO $VEEV $WDAY $WING $WK $FTNT $OLLLI $PANW $ZS $COUP $PAYC $LULU $ULTA $ADBE $OMCL $AMED $PAYS @DAN . . . I have been putting the stocks removed into a separate watch list as you have removed them . . great job and thank you for all the hard work . .
- DAN: @success $AJRD $ALRM $ANTM $BEAT $BSTC $CYBR $DATA $EHTH $ETSY $EVTC $FIVN $FN $GHDX $GLOB $HLF $IIPR $MEDP $NOW $PLNT $TEAM $TNDM $TTD $TWLO $VEEV $WDAY $WING $WK $FTNT $OLLLI $PANW $ZS $COUP $PAYC $LULU $ULTA $ADBE $OMCL $AMED $PAYS Thanks Success. Just wait until you see what we're working on. You're gonna love it!
- spmeyers: @DAN $AJRD $ALRM $ANTM $BEAT $BSTC $CYBR $DATA $EHTH $ETSY $EVTC $FIVN $FN $GHDX $GLOB $HLF $IIPR $MEDP $NOW $PLNT $TEAM $TNDM $TTD $TWLO $VEEV $WDAY $WING $WK $FTNT $OLLLI $PANW $ZS $COUP $PAYC $LULU $ULTA $ADBE $OMCL $AMED $PAYS but do the % gains include action over earnings reports? that wouldn't be entirely kosher since in best case we'd have a half position.
- success: @DAN $AJRD $ALRM $ANTM $BEAT $BSTC $CYBR $DATA $EHTH $ETSY $EVTC $FIVN $FN $GHDX $GLOB $HLF $IIPR $MEDP $NOW $PLNT $TEAM $TNDM $TTD $TWLO $VEEV $WDAY $WING $WK $FTNT $OLLLI $PANW $ZS $COUP $PAYC $LULU $ULTA $ADBE $OMCL $AMED $PAYS can't wait . . your articles have been great as well . . working two jobs so have been absent and 98% cash since November . . what little I have done have resulted in about 2% losses overall . . I should have just followed your lead and it would have been a great return . .
Of the above names that were sold for losses, the biggest loss was 7.06% ($BEAT). Biggest gain was $IIPR (101.72%)
The average loss was 4.23%. Of the 15 losers, only 5 were below the average loss (4.23%). 5 had losses that e ...
- stoictrader: @DAN $AJRD $ALRM $ANTM $BEAT $BSTC $CYBR $DATA $EHTH $ETSY $EVTC $FIVN $FN $GHDX $GLOB $HLF $IIPR $MEDP $NOW $PLNT $TEAM $TNDM $TTD $TWLO $VEEV $WDAY $WING $WK $FTNT $OLLLI $PANW $ZS $COUP $PAYC $LULU $ULTA $ADBE $OMCL $AMED $PAYS I love the transparency, insight and humility Dan - so refreshing to see
DAN: @stoictrader $AJRD $ALRM $ANTM $BEAT $BSTC $CYBR $DATA $EHTH $ETSY $EVTC $FIVN $FN $GHDX $GLOB $HLF $IIPR $MEDP $NOW $PLNT $TEAM $TNDM $TTD $TWLO $VEEV $WDAY $WING $WK $FTNT $OLLLI $PANW $ZS $COUP $PAYC $LULU $ULTA $ADBE $OMCL $AMED $PAYS
Thanks st ...
- Sluggo: $TDOC stopped out today. On the news front, a bit ominous. I didn't see this until now, but let me give you a couple of sentences. "A disclosure on the NCQA (National Committee for Quality Assurance) website stated that Teledoc's status is "under corrective action" going up for a review again in 6 months, Nov 18th). What I read from this is that this company is on probation. I would avoid it, but it may well work. I just know that I don't want another $OMCL.
- bwcarnation1: @Sluggo $TDOC $OMCL I got stopped out today also...thanks for the news
$OMCL – good lesson here. Accounting issues? Run Forest, Run!
$NFLX – this is looking for a floor. When a growth stock stops growing, multiples can change quickly.
$AMT – falling through 50-day MA. I would not o ...
- Sluggo: I have always struggled in setting stops and weighed the pros and cons. The thing that sold me on setting them was the new poster boy for setting them, $OMCL. No, I didn't lose my asterisk, but I just happened to be in on the open on the day it initially crashed and got out at the 50D. Stops, anyone?
- Sluggo: @Aksportsman76 $OMCL I see that, now that you mention it. Was that fall on accounting fraud accusations as well? Just curious.
- Aksportsman76: @Sluggo $OMCL I almost bought puts on it if you look at the chart it has done the same thing before, similar pattern July 2018 to Jan 2019... $CYBR got me today, I really thought it was breaking out and swimming up stream, I wish I had placed a stop! Never again will I not have one!
- Aksportsman76: @Sluggo $OMCL I’m not sure, I will have to research
- Henry: @Sluggo $OMCL The 50 dma looks fine on that day. I was the first to post about the allegation at 10:25 am and it was below the 50 by then.
- Sluggo: @Henry $OMCL The news was hard to find on the initial allegation of fraud. I was just reacting to the stock behavior (since I didn't have a stop) 8-)
$OMCL -- where’s the lesson here...for active traders and for new traders?
$AMZN -- Prime Day results later tonight or tomorrow? Stock is resting between 2000 and 2030.
$EPAM -- “Potential breakout on 7/5.” “Actionable no ...
- stairm01: $OMCL I went long stock Friday after the two big down days on rumors of financial statement issues. Omnicell came out and stated "a provider of pharmacy dispensing technology, said Monday that short seller Glasshouse Research made "numerous false and misleading statements" about the company in a report issued last week, all "designed to diminish [its] stock price." Working well this morning.
- yongli: Is Now $OMCL a buy hear. Company out statement ?
- CraigReynolds: @yongli $OMCL Why play with Fire even if it may be a small fire. To many other areas to play in my view. If you play with fire be careful. Been there, did that and was burnt. Just be careful because the only thing you control is Risk.
- stairm01: @stairm01 $OMCL Stopped out on $1 trailing stop. $4.60 profit.
- Vic: @yongli $OMCL there are plenty of other places to make money. Unless you know that their books are clean, I would stay away and see how it shakes out
- stairm01: $OMCL drifting straight sideways in a tight squeeze intra-day trying to figure out the truth. Books cooked, or not.
- gwenzee: @yongli PLEASE put $ before symbol, i.e. $OMCL. Looks more like a jump off the cliff.
- DAN: $OMCL -- Hence, why adhering to stops is kinda important.
- Rjeletrik: @DAN $OMCL set a stop on $FNKO at 20.65
- DAN: @Rjeletrik $OMCL $FNKO I think that's good. You've defined your downside.
- indigo1948: @DAN $OMCL -“kinda” - you are being gentle. I have found out the hard way it must be your primary risk management tool. Somebody named Fitzpatrick taught me that mantra.
- sgiseller: $omcl dipped a toe in @ 68.80
- DAN: @indigo1948 $OMCL LOL. It's true. Stops and position sizing. Also, one thing that goes hand-in-hand with stops. Entries. On ANY given stock, there are very few proper entries on the stock where you can buy at a low risk level -- i.e., "This ...
- Rjeletrik: @DAN $OMCL $__ I need to learn more about resistance and support.
$OMCL -- stops anyone? My notes for upcoming podcast for IBD.
Entry is everything b/c we’re not “winning”, we are speculating. Control risk is number 1.
Control Risk: MORE than just stops. ENTRY is most important. If bad entry ...
- lostsheep: $OMCL nasty candle testing the 50 day
- Niche: $OMCL out for a loss
- JJJ: @rachel $SPX $DJI $NDX $OMCL $TWLO $CYBR $MIME $ATUS $AMZN $AUDC $BYND $CRWD $PLAN thank you for your concise review/updates. perfect.
- antfarm: $OMCL Stopped out with the dip under the 50dma.
- gvianello: Stopped out with $OMCL... once again...
- Pcdentist: @Dan Comment on $OMCL ?
- DAN: $OMCL -- FYI. I closed my position in OMCL this morning. It's breaking below key support and I'm not going to hold a stock that immediately went against me. I'd rather be on the sidelines watching and waiting than be in a stock that's moving against me and my only strategy is to cross my fingers.
- DAN: @Pcdentist $OMCL Ah, I just posted. I'm shutting my position down. The stock is going against me...immediately. So I'm obviously wrong to be owning the stock now. No questions. Just a "sell it now" trade. I'd sell, Pcdentist.
- Henry: @DAN $OMCL Short seller Glass House is claiming financial hijinks
- sniper: out $omcl,was waiting for end of day stop, interday emergency stop hit -7%
- cmaxwel1: @DAN $OMCL (I guess this is off GSL) :(
- Ringo: $OMCL - I am out of this trade early in the morning. Will anyone buy this for a snap back at this level.
- JJJ: @DAN $OMCL thx @dan i thought you would and thx for simple insights
- yongli: @Ringo $OMCL Short seller
- Henry: @yongli @topcat1000 $OMCL I posted the news at 10:25 please include the symbol and a preceding $ so people can see the chart. If you want to know more http://www.glasshouseresearch.com/reports/ominous-omnicell-omcl-delays-the-inevitable
- vpsmack555: @DAN $OMCL Fell thru 200dma...3x Avg Vol...Glasshouse price Tgt @ 35.50....seems like that fits their agenda...seems like a bounce candidate here?
- yongli: @vpsmack555 $OMCL Option Friday 7-19
- DAN: @cmaxwel1 $OMCL Yep. A research firm has accused OMCL of fraudulent accounting practices. And since a key aspect of GSL stocks is good fundamentals, this is more than just a little glitch. It's a back breaker. If you buy a stock because the financials look good, and it turns out that the financials are fake, your entire reason for owning the stock is gone. Not "most of the reason"...but the ENTIRE REASON. No wiggle room here.
- DAN: @vpsmack555 $OMCL o! If there's an accusation of accounting fraud, the stock is in the "no go zone." Stay away.
- vpsmack555: @DAN $OMCL Thought so...thx for the verification!...current action is bearing that out
- Henry: @vpsmack555 $OMCL I never heard of Glass House before today, but I wouldn't touch it with my ex-wife's money.
- mopick: @DAN $OMCL, a sickening loss here. I'm growing increasingly uncertain if I can really make any money picking stocks. This is a perfect example of just horrible luck. I mean how often does a company get called on the carpet for accounting fraud and I, sad to say, just happen to own it! Depressing!
- DAN: @mopick $OMCL Where was your stop, and what % of your account was in the stock? I bought the other day, and I sold this morning for a very small loss. I took just a small loss because I had a small position. So frankly, I've already moved on. It ...
- mopick: @DAN $OMCL, yes, you're right obviously! As a % of my overall holdings it was insignificant but in dollar terms, enough to get my attention. I forgot to put a stop loss, a fatal mistake, I know. Just didn't anticipate a 15% drubbing.
- MMJones71: @DAN $OMCL Learning that stops work, wanted to start a position on this stock but had to be out of my office most of the morning. I put in an OTO (one order triggers another order) buy the stock with a limit order, once that filled a stop order is automatically entered. By the time I got out of my appointment stock was bought and sold. Thanks for pounding the table on risk management.
- issues: Bought small $OMCL on this discount. Sold $BHC $SPR and $PUMP. ZBRA making a nice come back (Cramer mentioned that he liked $ZBRA. His bad luck
- billk: @$OMCL - As a retired CPA I wish I saw this report earlier. I would have bought puts on it. Too bad the market's close. I hope you can download it..the first link. If not you can find it on the second link. omcl_final_-_copy.pdf http://www.glasshouseresearch.com/reports/ominous-omnicell-omcl-delays-the-inevitable p.s. This is a repost to a reply above. Since there are so many had interest in OMCL.
- Geewhiz: @billk $OMCL Good information. Sounds convincing. I'm out and just bought $OMCL today. YUCK
- sniper: in $omcl,
- antfarm: $OMCL Picked up a bit at 85.70 this morning. Working better.
- rachel: DAN'S STRATEGY SESSION NOTES 071019 COTD: Tesla bulls have the ball. $SPX – don’t fight the trend. $DJI – 27,000 top $NDX – breaking out. Growth Stocks: $OMCL – started a position? Stop goes below 50-day MA $TWLO – how are you trading this? $CYBR – back where it belongs. $MIME – breakout $ATUS – Morning session stock. $AMZN – due for a rest. $AUDC – breakout and reverse. Needs to reset $BYND – starting to move again. $CRWD – morning session stock. $PLAN – still going. Can’t buy here, but you should still be holding.
- DAN: $OMCL -- pulling back. Watch how it acts at the 50-day MA. To you Growth Stock traders, the test for this stock is how it acts at $83. If it holds up there, it's a safe place to start a position. "Safe", because the 50-day MA is where you'd expect support. So if that breaks down, you'd be able to liquidate for a small loss. That's my definition of "safe" -- "I don't have to risk much money to find out if I'm wrong."
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $OMCL Omnicell Inc.. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=OMCL&clip=113356
- DAN: $OMCL -- hammer pattern tested the 50-day moving average. This is a better entry than Friday. Stop would be at $82.50.
- billfumick: @DAN $OMCL ok, I see it... I'll give it a small shot.
$OMCL -- “hammer” pattern. Still early here...but if buying, keep your stop below 50-day MA (which is at $82.96). Consider $81.95.
$AMZN – Live trading tomorrow. Looking for $2000.
$SQ – Watch ...
- DAN: Good morning. Futures are running in the negative this morning, but only slightly. This is a normal "backing and filling" process that you'll typically see when stocks test key resistance levels. There was a lot of chatter over the weeke ...
- DAN: $OMCL -- I think you can start a position here. The pullback that started on 6/24 was a bit steep, but the stock is stabilizing at about $86. Stop would go below the 50-day moving average.
- Robert1965: @DAN $OMCL the spread is $1.00
- DAN: @Robert1965 $OMCL 35 cents. I don't control the spread. It's thinly traded.
- jknyborg: @DAN $DB $APRN $OLED $OMCL Would be great for a class on exits. Where to take profit. For me not trading long here it seems that most exits go on SL - or I exit to early. Entries I find easier as I like to see thight MA's and do some BO but find that around 50% of BO's seem to be pulling back before I get to sell. Looking forward to class and admire the energy you give us all. (I am 60 years myself:)
$OMCL – Added. Watch this. Set alert for lower price. Plenty of time for this. Earnings on /25. Alert $83.50
$TWLO – working well. Stop below 50-day MA. Gap down, move up. This is what we want to see.
$TEAM – new highs. Up ...
- DAN: @geotheo $OLED $OMCL Re/ putting $OLED/$OMCL on the Growth Stock List: To be honest, I forgot. They were in my personal notes, but I overlooked them. Thanks for the reminder, geotheo. I will post something before the open on Monday ab out these. I'm more inclined to put $OMCL on the list right now, but will do a bit of extra work this weeknd. Thanks again for the reminder, @geotheo. Happy to know that you are paying attention!!! ;-)
- geotheo: @DAN On 7/1 you said you would add $OLED an consider $OMCL. Oversight or did you reconsider?
- DAN: $OLED -- I'll be adding this to the Growth Stock List today. I was doing some research on this last week and had considered mentioning it over the weekend. But I'm going to put it on the list today, and will also consider $OMCL. --Dan
- Sluggo: $OMCL Besides all the hubbub on the Huawei suppliers this morning (yes, I did buy some $AMD and $XLNX at the open) check out $OMCL. Phase 3 breakout confirmed this morning.
- Sluggo: $OMCL $LULU Whoops! $OMCL and $LULU popped up in their PH3 at the open but sold off. Works in progress :)
- CraigReynolds: $OMCL $OLED Bought small $OLED entry position $193.60 and $OMCL $86.2. Both holding after 15 minutes. Will add slowly as merited.
- bigbartabs: $OMCL ... long base... break out... phase 2... now in phase 3. Could be a good entry. Watch the volume... a bit thin.
- Sluggo: @champ $ZTS $KEYS $WORK $BLD $Z $ZG $HD $GVA $USCR $SUM $EXP $TREX $LGIH #XHB Very nice, @Champ and nice for sharing. My current 10 holdings are $GLD $CCI $KL $DIS $CSII $LULU $WORK $KEYS $OMCL and $ZTS.
$OMCL – good fundamental story. Want to put this on GSL too. But will watch next week.
$ZNGA – has possibilities. Needs to hold $6.00.
$ABBV – Still going. Filling the gap. Target is $75.
$UBER -- big move today.
$LYFT -- still ...
- bigbartabs: $EA $OMCL $ACIA $OLLI ... all pretty low risk buy points.
- Sluggo: $OMCL great fundies. Back at buy point showing support today. Bouncing off the 20d. Look.
- DAN: $OMCL -- active traders who b ought OMCL on the breakout: Looks like Phase 2 starting. I'd suggest backstopping your position with a stop below today's intraday low of $89.26 (or certaintly below Friday's intraday low of $88.68). Stock is in a good uptrend, but if you look at the weekly chart, you can see that it's high enough above the 40-week moving average that a bit of profit taking is likely. Still like the stock, I'm just looking at the ebb and flow of the trend.
- billfumick: Sold 1/2 $OMCL... will try to hold the rest.
- vpsmack555: #DAN - or anyone ... $OMCL in for starter position 2 days ago on 3-4 month consolidation move ...added yesterday...now at all time high...any thoughts
- DAN: @vpsmack555 $OMCL #DAN Totally depends on your typical timeframe, vpsmack555. You're up about..6% or so? Just a few days. That's great. If this is where you typically take profits, then scratch that itch. But consider holding some too...for a lo ...
- vpsmack555: @DAN $OMCL #DAN THX for the quick response....been a rough month or two....so good advise on posting a little WIN! and letting some ride
- geothrills: $OMCL - Follow through on yesterday's breakout from a squeeze, ATH only 30 cents away.
- BocaRick: $OMCL big up on volume, now drop? that was a great 90 second run. #IBD has a 84.51 buy point. now watching
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $OMCL Omnicell Inc.. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=OMCL&clip=112504
- DAN: $OMCL -- working.
- Ringo: $OMCL - is it ok to buy it at this level.
- CraigReynolds: @Ringo $OMCL It's working was asking myself the same question. I see it at top of box, BO a buck away. I'm watching and will wait. Missed Alert at 12:30pm, then it went up fast.
- geothrills: @Ringo $OMCL I bought a starter position. Small size. Nice long base (although not without some serious volatility seen in mid April). A move above $87 would have me adding.
12. $OMCL – alert today. Starter position on this.
13. $PAYS – steep selloff to test $10. Likely to hold support at $10. Growth rate 40%.
14. $PLAN – still going. Use trailing stops.
15. $EDU – Alert $93.10
16. $ECL &ndash ...
- captron: $OMCL - Took a place holder in this stock Dan featured last night. IBD likes them, #1 in their group and In the past year, the company’s shares have outperformed the industry. At the top of the BB's looking like it can go at any time.
|Stock Price||$USD 79.22|
Omnicell, Inc. provides automation & business information solutions to update medication administration process & manage costly medical supplies for operational efficiency & patient safety. Its operating business segments are acute care & non- acute care.Request Video of OMCL
Already a member? Sign in here.
- February 6th, 2020 - 2019 Q4 Earnings
- $USD 13.93 39.23%
- $USD 260.93 31.72%
- $USD 10.83 31.67%
- $USD 7.23 -25.39%
- $USD 7.60 -22.21%
- $USD 32.83 -18.62%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 66,000 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (66,000) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!